main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Channel will the Star Wars T.V. Series be on?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by black_saber, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am getting Annyoed that nobody is Answering!

2. I_Bent_My_Wookie

I_Bent_My_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I'd say Fox because they're the producing company of the movies.

Which, giving Fox's tack record of genre shows means it may very well be cancelled before mid-season.

3. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    They aired the holiday special on CBS

4. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    SciFi Channel is my bet but I would think Fox should have the shot

5. Randlev

Randlev Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    abc is my guess. Disney's Incoming CEO Bob Iger is making amends with Lucas. If Star Tours 2.0 goes well, things will be looking good for abc. Then again, with Desperate Housewives, Home Makeover and Lost they're not as desperate as they once were. Who knows?

6. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    lucas admires independents....scifi

7. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    SciFi is hardly independent... they're a part of the NBC/Universal television conglomerate...

My bet is on ABC... there's been a lot of movement behind the scenes with the incoming Disney chairman to repair many of the rifts Michael Eisner created - one of those was with Lucas... Eisner saw no need to revamp Star Tours, even though people at Lucasfilm were eager to do it... word is that a revamp is on the way now, since Iger has apparently made overtures to Lucasfilm in the hopes of greasing the wheels...

Up until things started moving on that front, I would have bet money that Lucas would have bypassed any network, and gone straight to syndication, as most networks would probably balk at the terms Lucas would ask for - which would probably include items like *no* network interference on casting/writing, a guaranteed multi-year committment, regardless of ratings, and control over promotions...
    Problem is, the direct syndiation market for original dramatic programming these days is dead... there aren't the options studios had back when a show like Star Trek: The Next Generation was launched, since The WB and UPN have taken up the majority of the independent stations since then, and since both program nearly a full prime-time schedule, most of the best timeslots are gone as well...

Right now, ABC's the best bet, but anything can happen in the next few years...

Fenn

8. Chabacca2332

Chabacca2332 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    B.E.T. hahaha jp prob sci-fi

9. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Forgive the ingnorance but, A T.V. SERIES?!

Really? Who's gonna be in it?

10. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    there are only 2 choices for it... SciFi... cuss it is independent and starwars would fit in there perfectly or fox.... i would hope scifi thou... maybe it will do as well as Stargate did....

11. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Why SciFi? Lucasfilm shouldn't settle for basic cable when they can get on Fox, UPN, or even one of the networks.

12. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    It won't be Sci Fi Channel for economic reasons: LUcas will only make a small fraction of the money on the Sci Fi channels he could make from the broadcast channels and the audience would be smaller.
    Anybody who say Sci Fi channel just does not understand the ecomomics of television.

13. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Although SW and BG would be awesome back to back it'll be on ABC I bet just like Young Indy.

14. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I would bet that it's gonna be on Fox, but other networks will carry it (im sure it will be on Space in Canada).

15. Darth_Nagle

Darth_Nagle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    It's going to be either FOX(owns the movie series) or SciFi Channel(seeing how its a scifi series). But I think it could go to any network really. I mean it's a no brainer to pick it up. Because theirs millions and millions of Star Wars fans....which means a ton of ratings and money. So it'll be picked up by the first station it tries to get in my opinion.

16. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Maybe it'll be on Lifetime or ESPN. Actually it'd be great if it were on Telemundo and we got to see it in espanol!

17. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    It'd better be on regular channels. I mean not on cable if it's only on cable I'll start killing.

18. JediFlannel

JediFlannel Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    HBO might be a possibility.

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I say Wednesday nights on ABC before or after Lost. :cool: It would be the best line-up ever.

20. Trump_of_Finland

Trump_of_Finland Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I think it should be o Fox. That way it could reach maximum audience. And would make it's budget bigger. And therefore there could be better special effects and maybe better actors and stuff.

By the way this was my first post. Now I'm a real nerd.

21. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    "I say Wednesday nights on ABC before or after Lost. cool It would be the best line-up ever."

I'll agree with that!!

22. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    FX I'd bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.