main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What Character have you had a change of heart for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DavidIX, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Cad Bane. I was not impressed the first time I saw him and that changed little after his season 2 opening trilogy. Seems absence makes the heart grow fonder, though, and I kind of missed him when Hondo and Aurra showed up in the Boba trilogy and he didn't. Would have made a nice tail end to the "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" thing. I realized he was about the only thing I liked in "Evil Plans" and the Obi-Wan undercover four-parter pretty much sealed it for me.

I definitely went from bearing Ahsoka at the beginning to genuinely liking her.

Legocloneguy22 likes this.
  2. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I feel pretty much the same way about Ahsoka but I don't consider it a change of heart per se, more of a shrugging acceptance. This is just my view on her anyway.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    Ahsoka Tano: From her first appearance in The Clone Wars movie, I hated this character. To me she came off as a sniveling, whining, brat. However, throughout the series I have actually grown to like her as a counterpart to Anakin.

Anakin: While I "like" the portrayal of Anakin by Hayden during Episodes II and III, I have really grown to like the character a lot more thanks to the series. I guess seeing him in his guise as a general, doing so much for the Republic during the war, has framed his eventual downfall in a more interesting light as far as I'm concerned. Now, when I watch ROTS the ending seems all the more moving.

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Anakin Skywalker, without a doubt. I hated the portrayal of him in the movies, so annoying, whinny, and just all around a terrible and unlikeable character. In the series, Anakin is a strong noble and responsible guy, but his arrogance and his recklessness is clear to set up his fall to the dark side. This is the way Anakin should have been portrayed years ago.

5. WilliamBard

WilliamBard Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    Darth Maul. While I enjoyed him in TPM, his appearance was far too short and lines far too limited for him to hold a candle to Darths Sidious or Vader, in my mind. Now, he may very well be my favorite Sith Lord.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    How did I not think to say Anakin Skywalker?

:oops:

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That's how he was written in the movies, The Prequel were about Anakin turning to the Dark side and, the 2nd reason why TCW was made was to show Anakin's good and friendly side, the first reason the show was made was to show Clone Wars

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah but for most of the people who have seen Star Wars and only watch the movies... It just makes it look... ughh. They could have at least shown him doing something good instead of stomping around whining. He didn't have to do those things to forshadow his fall. Like people have said, in TCW hes good, but hes also got that dark side twist. He is SOO much better in TCW. If he acted the way he did in episode 2 and 3 in this show I think he wouldn't have any friends :(

Legocloneguy22 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you that Anakin is better in TCW show, but I also agree that he acted the way he did in the films for a reason. The arrogance was a cover for a very fragile ego, which arrogance usually is. The whining was his expressing his frustration with the Jedi, which was important in the context of his fall. And there was not enough time to include more of his good moments: the speeder chase scene, Varykino, the ROTS opening. The negative behavior may have been overdone in the films but I understand why it was there.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Yeah, IMO people make too much out of Anakin whining and being arrogant. Not saying the prequels were perfect, but what is he suppose to be? Han Solo with a lightsaber? I think having human weaknesses and a dark side makes him more human and more interesting than a stoic White Knight. But then, I've always been one who preferred Batman to Superman.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ditto that, and now that I've belatedly discovered Nolan's Batman, I'm in love all over again.

I think some among the fandom did expect Anakin to be a cross between Han Solo and the Terminator with a lightsaber. And in his cheerful moments, i.e. the speeder chase scene, TCW, he does share some of Han's qualities--he's a smartass, a rogue, and a bit self-centered. Han was my favorite OT character up until I discovered Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Fives. Seriously, I'm surprised that not one person in this thread has brought up Fives. Before, he was just some Clone. But ever since he's been growing a goatee, it's like his character has been getting better, especially in the Umbaran arc. In fact, there are four things going for Fives right now:

-His awesome goatee.

-His chemistry with Rex.

-His hot-headed and rebellious personality.

-His badassness.

Legocloneguy22 and QuangoFett like this.
  13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    InterestingLurker

I agree about Fives. In S1, he was fairly bland and featureless. Back then, I sympathised more with Echo.

However, even as we saw Echo's character arc in S3 - from hyper-cautious drone to a special forces operative who gambles too far - Fives was beginning to show the characteristics you listed. By the time of the Umbara arc in S4, he has a compelling story that explains his bitterness and resentment of authority. Fives and Echo have two of the best character development arcs in TCW, IMO.

He quite literally grew the beard. ;)

14. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    I used to like Savage but now he is annoying me.He lacks his own free will.Everything he says is Borther this,brother that.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to disagree with the notion Fives has always been a card bored cut out. He simply didn't get any focus when he was introduced in Rookies compared to Echo, Hevy, and Rex, etc. Even back then Fives has a temper and some attitude. He always was the more independent vs Echo. In Clone Cadets Fives competes with Hevy as something of a defacto leader. By the time we get to Umbara with all the crap he has gone to, he is not just another numbers which is a subtle personal homage to the rest of domino squad. He is really every bit as independent as Cut Lawquane is IMO. Fives just uses it differently because he is abbrasive and brash and rebellious and just a bit arrogant. He is still the defacto leader with enough charisma to get other clones to stray and follow him. It almost gets him killed twice in Umbara. I admit it was Umbara that catapulted Fives high into my favorites list. Maybe he counts as a change of heard because he wasn't in my top 10 before that.

16. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I will never change my opinion of Ahsoka Tano. Sorry, but I can not forgive her for existing.

I have changed my heart for Maul and Randy, the Sith Twins. At first I thought Savage was just going to be Mauls replacement and I liked him, but now he's just a sidekick and it kinda sucks. Then there's Maul himself, I thought bringing him back was a Brain Dead idea. Now I love the guy, at least until grievous comes back with a vengeance.

DavidIX likes this.
  17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That's the nice thing about the TV series, they have the time to portray Anakin's positive sides. The movies only give us four or so hours of adult Anakin and part of that is split with Obi-Wan's story and Anakin's fall. The most we get for Anakin's positive side in the movies is the opening in ROTS and that heart to heart he and Obi-Wan have right before the latter goes after Grievous. The movies certainly give some idea as to why Obi-Wan considered Anakin a good friend, but between having to have the love story and showing signs of his darker side, there was less time to show the good sides that make his fall so tragic. I love that the series lets us see that more.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    To be fair, he's been a pawn of someone since day one. If anything, now he's at least a sidekick of someone who might actually give a crap if he lives or dies.. Maybe.

DavidIX and Mzukiller like this.
  19. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka, I found her absolutely detestable at first, I enjoy her now.

20. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Going back to Fives, I wonder what was going through his mind during Even Piell's funeral in Citadel Rescue. Clone dies; move along, move along. Jedi dies; massive time spent on funeral and cremation. Maybe this double standard left a bad taste in his mouth? This double standard rears its ugly head again in Season 4 when Fives, Jesse and Hardcase (RIP) blow up the droid control ship. When Anakin, a potential Jedi, blows it up; praise and accolades. When clones blow it up; court-martial and execution immediate execution. I have a feeling that these two experiences gave Fives a less positive view on the Jedi and, well, hypothetically speaking, let's just say that while Rex may hesitate to kill Ahsoka in Order 66, Fives probably won't.

Or maybe I'm just reading too deep into this. IDK

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    In the Citadel arc, wasn't Fives the only one to look back at Echo's charred corpse?

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As far as Fives goes, for me it's not so much a change of heart because I always liked him... but I do like him more now with his recent character development. Same goes for Hondo; always liked him, but like him more now.

My big change of heart is for Ventress; I used to dislike her and now I really like her because of her own character development.

For Ahsoka... never liked her, and I still don't. :p

DavidIX likes this.
  23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    They did have a brief respite from immediate danger in the Citadel arc, allowing them the moment to mourn Evan which if I remember correctly they did not have when the clone died.

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hondo, Ventress, and Ahsoka. I wanna see more of Windu out in the field though. They don't use him enough.

25. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Good view. One would assume that would be the logical thought process. But GL and Filoni want us to think the clones are idiots I guess. This and more evidence out there suggests that if this happened to any rational human being, there would be a revolution at hand. But these clones, and I don't care how brain washed they are; should at some point make their own decisions..And more frequent in the show for that matter. It's the realistic thing to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.