main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What characters are you dissapointed you won't get more story for?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bo916, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo916

Bo916 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2006
    If there is a single character, that you are sad you will not see again, or learn anything else about, who is it?

my unpopular sentiment is that I will not learn more about Borsk Fey'lya. Why of all people Fey'lya (also isn't he dead?). Fey'lya in the past was a member of the Bothan Council, and the Spynet. This in my opinion, is one of the more interesting areas in the EU, which is sadly never explored. As Borsk was a character created by Zahn, who in recent years has been adding works to the early years of the republic and the empire, it was only a matter of time before this character, and the setting he would be present in, would have been explored.

As Bothans are name dropped in RotJ, and even appeared in the senate in TCW, I'm hoping we'll see them in the new continuuity, but sadly the senator we all love to hate, will likely be absent.

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Jahan Cross. Also, I am really frustrated that we didn't get any sort of closure for where Bel Iblis has been since NJO.

3. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I have to say Jaden Korr. His history is just too open-ended such that we really don't know who he is. I would have liked to learn more about that.

Honorable mentions: Kerra Holt - I would have liked to see her finish cleaning up the Grumani sector; Jax Pavan - I went back and forth during The Last Jedi about whether it should be the book where Darth Vader finally kills him, but ultimately I decided he had a little more story to tell - wish we could have seen it; Kyle Katarn - you all know why; Rogue Squadron - not really a single character, but I could follow the ongoing tale of the legendary squadron until the heat death of the universe; Finn Galfridian - would have liked to see him continue developing as a Jedi; Jag Fel - what can I say, I liked the guy; Jaina Solo - she was finally coming into her own as a great Jedi, wish we had seen her really take center stage; Chance Calrissian - I think it was silly to have Lando having a kid at 70, but it could have been interesting to see what they did with him.

Apologies for subverting the 'pick one' nature of the thread by picking nine (and one of those nine could be twelve people at any given time), but in my defense I did pick one.

RE: Borsk Fey'lya. I think he gets a worse wrap then he really deserves. Not that I'm saying hes a nice guy or a model statesman, but he really did do a lot and risk a lot to help the Rebellion and the New Republic. He really is an interesting character, I just think for me I've gotten everything I need from him as a character (not that I wouldn't take more if I got it!) and don't mind if we don't get more stories from him.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    TANK.

Edit: And before someone gets all EU-technical on my ass, "Janek Sunber." Because he's got a foot in and out of Legends atm.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Bleh, he was a straw man character, as somone for our hero's to oppose but on the same team and not a villian. Ie somone who is always shown up to be always wrong while our hero's were always right and are so awesome. Very bland and very predictable in jmo

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Jacen Solo

oh wait

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    We never really did, so Jacen does technically count.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I can't say Jaina, because I hated where they took her -- so while I'm concerned that we may lose that character, I wouldn't necessarily want a continuing story but perhaps more development of the period between NJO and DN or outright erasure of DN and beyond, which wouldn't happen outside of this reboot scenario anyway :p

I have an entire stable of obscure characters I want to hear more about such as Ars Dangor, Ederlathh Pallopides, and Betl Oxtroe (those three in particular -- all mentioned in the DESB, btw! -- would probably top the list of characters I'd like to hear more about. Of the three, Dangor has the highest chance of being mentioned in the new continuity if Luceno mentions him in Tarkin).

So I guess I'll say Ederlathh Pallopides then. Unlike Oxtroe and Dangor who were both later mentioned in other sources (esp. Warfare), she's only been mentioned in one source ever and them promptly forgotten by the entire universe. She's so random and obscure that even if the new continuity picks up a ton of EU stuff, there's no reason at all that she'd ever be mentioned. And since random world-building EU was my main interest these past few years of the EU (with the Atlas and Warfare being my favorite new things in the EU in a long time, moreso than Mercy Kill, Plagueis, etc.), focusing on obscure EU characters that there's no occasion to revisit seems appropriate.

jSarek and Zorrixor like this.
  9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I know he had a video game series as the main character....but Kyle Katarn. We had a couple of little novels and existing as a minor character in the NJO onwards, but I wanted a comic book series and self-titled novel (Katarn would go well with Kenobi on the shelf don't you think?). I wanted the adventures of this character to be as fleshed out as possible. I don't think I would ever get tired of the adventures of Kyle Katarn and Jan Oars....EVER.

I also wish we got to discover how the Grievous in ROTS and TCW replaced the awesome "white" Grievous from the multimedia project. :p Occasional updates on what was going on in Vos's life would of been great, but his story ended great and felt pretty complete...I just can never get enough of Quinlan Vos like with Katarn. And another character like Katarn I'm quite fond of is Bossk, my favorite bounty hunter. I know there have been several comics and novels featuring him in addition to being pretty cool as part of Boba's group in TCW. But IT'S BOSSK DANGIT! You can never get enough Bossk, anyone who has had enough is wrong.

EDIT: Of course I realize many of these characters could get more story in the NU. But...whatever

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Dass Jennir, Bomo, the rest of the Uhumele crew and Zao from Dark Times; Quinaln Vos and Tholme; Kyle Katarn; Zayne, Jarael, Gryph :(

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Too many.

Lots of my top picks have been mentioned already, like Jaden Korr, Kerra and Daiman, the Galfridians, Agent Cross, I'd even have liked to finally get an Imperial Commando ending and at last learnt about Sev, Darth Ruin, the Hundred-Year Darkness...

However, if I had to pick out just one, I'd actually say something a bit different...

STAR WARS: TYRANNUS

We still could get that. But it now won't be what I had always wished for.

I had always wanted to finally learn more about Vergere, and always felt a novel about how Dooku became Tyrannus could also cover the Vergere story, and finally address all the problems that LOTF created and set things right. If by Luceno, there would be so many other things a novel could have tied up, from tidying up what TCW has done with Maul, making both versions of Grievous work, to making a lot more sense of all the little things like Sifo-Dyas, albeit TCW finally covered that at the end itself.

Like Plagueis, it'd have principally been about a character from the films, but could have done so, so much more.

Vthuil, Shadow Trooper, Bo916 and 4 others like this.
  12. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    How did you know what I wanted to write?

TrandoJedi likes this.
  13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Zekk. He had so much potential, but was continually ruined over the years due to his failed relationship with Jaina. Writers had no idea what they were doing. That solo novel they had planned for him could've finally gotten things back on track, but they cancelled it. I was so disappointed.

I also agree with Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, Kerra Holt, and Jax Pavan. There were simply plenty more stories to tell about each of them, so I feel that they were all wasted as well.

I'm disappointed that Stover never got a chance to write his next novel, revealing that Darth Caedus was a rogue clone of Jacen Solo, who had replaced him during his five year journey following The Unifying Force.

14. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Deena Shan. I found her to be quite an interesting break from all the Jedi and male action heroes. Her personality was also rather endearing, and she grew a lot as a character. I suppose she got a happy ending, returning to the Alliance a hero, but that's pretty damn vague considering she was as young (if not younger) than Luke and Leia, and this was pre-RotJ. Around, what, fifteen years of warfare between the Rebels/NR and the Empire still to go?

[​IMG]
    "Ain't that adorable?"

There are of course many others, such as Kyle, and a few of those mentioned above, but oddly she was the first to come to mind. Maybe just because i read the TPB recently.

Revanfan1, Bo916, Jedi Ben and 2 others like this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would say Plagueis but I think we may get more of him soon...

Thankfully Bioware still has to finish Revan's story in TOR. I don't know, most of my favorite characters of the EU haven't been radically effected by Order 67 in terms of future stories I was looking forward to regarding them.

16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Gosh, Deena Shan is adorable!

17. Bo916

Bo916 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2006

Jaden Korr would have been my second decision. I especially liked the Paul Kemp stories about him, and I was looking forward to the duology (especially with where the character was left off at the end of the last book). I'm glad Kemp is working on at least 1 of the new novels though, hopefully we'll get a similar character.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Zayne Carrick and company, Ania Solo, The Rogues and Wraiths.
    I'd love to see Borsk Fey'lya at least one more time.
    Traest Kre'fey.

Bo916 and spicer like this.
  19. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Rendar: In Han Solo's Shadow

By James Luceno

Bo916 likes this.
  20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Nyna/Morrigan.

mes520, TychoCorde, Zorrixor and 3 others like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd love to see more stories from the Legacy 1 bunch.

mes520 likes this.
  22. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I may be alone in this, but Cade Skywalker. His story arc was wrapped up fairly well at the end of his series, but it would've been nice to see what he did after.

mes520, Gorefiend and Ghost like this.
  23. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Jeff Winger's study group.

24. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I would like to see more stories with Zayne Carrick, Squint/Darth Malak and the rest of the KOTOR bunch. I also wish we got more stories about the Legacy 1 cast, particularly Shado Vao,Tries Sinde, Azlyn Rae, Ganner Krieg, and Gar Stazi. Most of all though I would really like a Dooku novel that used the original EU rather than disney verse, like Zorrixor proposed.

spicer, Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Were Troy and Levar Burton ever rescued from those pirates? WE MUST HAVE ANSWERS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.