Clone Wars What characters in TCW deserve their own spinoff movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    LucasFilm has created some pretty interesting characters for TCW. In fact, its one of the show's strong suits and characters like Cad Bane, Embo, Captain Rex, Fives, Gunji, Mother Talzin, and even the controversial Ahsoka Tano are examples of that. Knowing that, what characters from the series, if the option were available, do you think should star in their own movies?

-A live-action Cad Bane movie set during the Imperial Era with Boba Fett as the antagonist. The movie could deal with his fall which then leads into Boba Fett's rise as a bounty hunter. The plot would center around Boba Fett and Cad Bane both trying to capture one of the Empire's most wanted criminals alive and bring him to Vader. As they get to doing that, they also try their best to kill each other before either one can capture the criminal himself. Even capturing the target alive could be a problem, given how intelligent and dangerous he is. Oh, and the fact that he's apart of the Maladians, the same group that almost killed Darth Plagueis.

-A 3D animated Fives movie, set after the war is over that deals with the Empire putting down a rebellion on Thyrsus. As the tiny war goes on, Fives begins to have doubts about the government he's serving and what it has become.

-IF she doesn't meet her death in the series, Ahsoka could have a movie set somewhere in the Imperial Era that seals her fate once and for all.

Any thoughts?
    QuangoFett likes this.
  2. CaptainRex115 Jedi Master

star 3
    Cad Bane and Kid Boba forsure. The good General-G as well... I liked your idea about a clone based movie that sounds really interesting
  3. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    Movies following the clones would be fun
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Clones
    Asajj Ventress
    Cad Bane
    Ahsoka Tano
    Last edited by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 12, 2013
  5. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
  6. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    This. I would say that no single character from the saga could realistically hold a whole movie on their own, for me.
    QuangoFett likes this.
  7. Embomania Jedi Master

star 1
  8. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Two solid hours of Obi-Wan/Ventress flirting dueling.

That is all.

And my serious answer would be what Jack said.
  10. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I think a Mandalore movie could work. Maybe a story about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's mission and a Kryze family backstory.
    Or a Cap'n Rex movie.
    Or WAC.
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Oh hell.
    Seerow likes this.
  12. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Probably would be better than a Borkus story imo!
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Cad Bane or Bounty Hunters in general with Bane having the lead role, it could show where Bounty Hunters such as Bane, Embo and Bossk came from and how they came to become Bounty Hunters.
    Ahsoka.
    Maul and Savage.
    Grievous.
    All the members of the Jedi Council.
    Rex and the Clones.
    Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan and Death Watch.
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Feb 12, 2013
  14. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I love Dooku in this show would someone would like to see more of him. Asajj as well. I can imagine them as animated movies in DTV form. Maybe a Sith Anthology series?
  15. K'Kruhk Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ziro
    Peppi Bow
    Nuvo Vindi
    Todo 360
    Hay-Zu
    Morley
    Meebur Gascon

Yeah, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YEAH
  16. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Domino Squad: The Adventures of Echo and Fives.
    Last edited by Seerow, Feb 12, 2013
  17. Mia Mesharad Force Ghost

star 4
    It's strange, my first and almost immediate reaction was a solid none, as in none of these characters deserve their own spinoff film. But after considering it, I suppose it would all come down to how things were handled, what kind of story was being pitched, who the writer was—things like that. For instance, I would absolutely not be interested in a Rex movie wherein he goes on a solo mission to protect a Gungan prince from a reborn sect of Nightsisters. Rex or no Rex, that's an emphatic no from me. But I would happily pay to see the feature-length story of Rex's desertion from the GAR, fleeing into the galaxy seeking somewhere to make a new life for himself, assuming it was handled by a strong writing team.

Part of me would be wholeheartedly interested in seeing this story in movie format, especially if they were able to get Liam Neeson back for Qui-Gon again. But at the same time, I'm not interested in seeing Jason Fry's latest work with the history of Satine and Clan Kryze ruined, or further dumping on Mandalorian history during this period, which the show's track record makes seem unavoidable. Done right, with even glimpses of the greener regions of Mandalore and a nod to the other clans that got mixed up in the wars...sure, absolutely. It would probably be pretty thrilling. Done to Lucas specs, though...I have no faith in it whatsoever.
  18. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Unrelated, but I think that a Dooku spin-off movie (with Lee in live action) would be awesome! As long as Luceno is there for canon input, we'd be set.
    K'Kruhk and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Air Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    This, not the title, just the movie.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Air Jedi, Feb 12, 2013
  20. Sgt Crowfield Force Ghost

star 4
    This, and something with Ventress and clones ... and a movie handling Ahsoka's departure (for sonny).
  21. fett 4 Force Ghost

star 4
    You don't think Rex could handle his own spin-off
  22. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Nope, he's quite boring to me. That being said, I don't find any of the clones interesting in the slightest. They're just nobody to me; bland.
    Last edited by JackG, Feb 12, 2013
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. fett 4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Even in the Umbara arc [face_thinking]
  24. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I didn't really see all the fuss, to be honest. [face_dunno]It was probably his finest arc, though.
  25. Darthgoodguy Jedi Master

star 1
    I would love to see a story on the screen, silver or small, that deals with Dooku's motivations as I don't think they've been fleshed out. It's always been hard for me to accept his role as I don't buy his motivations. Maybe Sidious told him the CIS would supplant the corrupt Republic? Maybe but it hasn't been expanded on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.