main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What color lightsaber would you wield?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    What lightsaber crystal color would you choose if you were a jedi or sith? I would probably would choose a yellow if I were a jedi, mainly because it stands for a sentinel type of jedi. These types of jedi would either guard the temple or patrol the galaxy and do things other jedi wouldn't do. Now, to be honest, I would rather be a sith then a jedi so for that it would be a red crystal (obviously).

Here's a great video explaining what each lightsaber color means.

2. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Well since most people in the movies use blue, green or red, I'd use a gold lightsaber to stand out. I think a green lightsaber fits my personality better, and I do like the colour a lot, but I'd prefer gold just because it's unique and looks pretty awesome.

If I was a Sith though, I would definitely pick this:
    [​IMG]

Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I love the color blue so I'd pick blue, even though it's one of the more common colors for a lightsaber.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side. The only lightsabers I would have would be trophies.

[​IMG]

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Orange for sure.

6. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Yellow and orange seem to hold some connection to the user's personality, being wielded by jedi not as strictly adherent to jedi tradition and not as afraid of acts that brush close to the dark side. So, yellow or orange for me.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Crimson single blade and royal blue sabrestaff. Colours aren't alliance specific in my eyes.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  8. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Blue

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. Beezlebub

Beezlebub Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2015
    Green.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I'd take the even hokier and more ancient Sith sword over a lightsaber any day, but if I were to wield one, I'd go for purple. It's regal, it's fairly unique, and Sith certainly don't need to use red.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Well said, Dreadwar. =D=

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  12. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks. I miss the days when Sith didn't all wear black hooded robes and wield red lightsabers.

Ulic Qel-Droma looked positively wicked with green; green works well as a sickly, eerie and thus dark side appropriate colour anyway. And the cold blue of Exar Kun, a cold, arrogant character, was very appropriate.

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Orange Sabrestaff seems the sweetest to me. But going by the parameters given in the video, green cause I'd be talky first, fighty last Consular.

14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Lilac blue

15. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I think in terms of the definitions in the video which Chancellor Yoda posted I would have a green lightsabre. That fits my personality and general inclination. Im not naturally a fighter, I would always prefer a peaceful solution where possible although I would fight and fight hard if I had to.

But given a free choice I would definitely have a purple light-sabre. (Unless it was possible to make an indigo light-sabre, particularly a colour called persian indigo which has PC colour coordinates: Hex triplet #32127A or sRGB (r,g,b) (50, 18, 122). Basically it's a cross between a deep royal blue and purple. I really love that colour. In the films I believe that the colour (apart from red) is just a personal choice for Jedi (although I could be wrong). I think there is something beautiful and calming about working with an instrument which is shining out your favourite colour. When I play (oh my goodness this is embarrassing [face_blush] ) Lego Star Wars on the xbox I make a version of Zam Wesell with a purple lightsabre in the bit of the cantina where you can make up your own character. It's not my absolute favourite persian indigo but I love playing with that character more than any other. The colour just gives me joy. Then again I have worked as an artist so maybe colour has a big impact on me.

16. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Hmm I think I would be more of a blaster kind of guy but if I had to (going by color meaning and personal favs)
    1. Dual Sabers Blue/Yellowish orange, one would be shorter and have a crossgaurd
    2. A katana style Darksaber like Pre Vizla, with a bronze/orange glow around it
    3. Ultimate cheat mode Inquisitor style blue light saber just for the lols

17. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Two green

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd want a blade which changed color with my surroundings; green for forests, blue for water, white for snow etc.

19. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Why just have one color for a lightsaber blade? Why not all the colors that you get on a single blade? So my answer is all the colors or white light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.