main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What colour lightsaber will the main Jedi use?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by George Roper, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Rainbow

EDIT: That last bit not needed.

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd LOVE to see orange lightsabers!

3. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they either keep them as the classic green/blue and red, or use an entire rainbow.

They classically represented your alignment within the force, but if you go by Old Republic or the Jedi Knight series, its just a color and nothing more. It would be nice to see, with the rise of new Jedi, and a differing, more open philosophy along with it, that same freedom of choice applied to the color of one's lightsaber as well...

But check out the preview for this week's ep of Clone Wars to see how Lucas says colors are decided...

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm not talking about what's been done in the comics.

However, I still think it would be a great choice for Sith (in addition to red).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Which episode? I'm drawing a blank...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't remember which episode, I just remember that Death Watch was involved somehow.

7. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    When someone says orange I can't help but think of a massive freeze.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    It's Pre Vizlas saber raided from the old republic. It makes multiple appearances. Has a cool sound to it

9. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    It was in the Mandalore plot. Here is a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

10. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    That saber is weird. Shaped differently. I don't consider it in the main lightsaber category.

11. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Hmm...

WEIRD_GREEN_MAN is correct...the blade isn't what you'd expect from a "lightsaber" blade. That one actually looks like a sword blade.

12. sshindel

sshindel Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I think that they should use either Luke or Vader's lightsaber. Either one, linking to the historical trilogy. Have it handed down by Luke, or another person hands it to them, and eventually you find out it came from Luke.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In the episode it is stated to be an ancient lightsaber that was plundered by mandalorians from the Jedi Temple during the fall of the Old Republic. It was originally supposed to be a vibroblade, but Lucas decided that vibroblades would not be able to stand up to a lightsaber like they do in the EU (like KOTOR), so instead they made this "Darksaber."

I actually prefer the fact that it looks different from the "modern" lightsabers. There's no reason that the technology from 1,000 years ago needs to be the same.

Darth kRud and TheVortex3 like this.
  14. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Very Sixties- Seventies, I like the idea.:D

Just like Saruman's multi-coloured robe in the LotR books. No wonder they didn't show it the films, it would have been quite "mesmerezing".

Anyhoo, I think blue will be a prominent lightsaber colour. Green should be kept for Luke.

15. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I found some more info on the Black Lightsaber... Makes me wonder...how it got it's sword-like blade.

And then...I found this...from Star Wars: The Old Republic video game...

[​IMG]

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Here's Ahsoka's green and yellow-green blades:

[​IMG]

I actually don't mind the above colors from TOR. But that would be my limit. I don't want to see dark blue, light blue, medium blue, red, red-orange, yellow-orange, dark orange, turquoise, brown, tan, teal, pale orange, yellow, etc. It would just get way too busy.

Though if there are only ever a few lightsabers active on screen at any given time it could pass. But if they ever did an AOTC style scene with many, many Jedi... I don't want to be thinking of skittles and see this vibrant rainbow of color. Nothing would drain the serious tone from a scene more.

17. Star Burner

Star Burner Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Man I must be real old school cause when I think jedi I think emrald green saber. I think Sith I think fire red and I think padawan I think light blue. I dont really care to see these colors change but I must admit playing video games like force unleshed... I did enjoy the different color options.

18. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I'm anxious to see this week's Clone Wars episode....hopefully we'll see the Younglings actually building their lightsabers.

19. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    How about a pink one for a female jedi.

20. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I don't think they're going to fly off the rails with the rules that George has established. Though the reason why Mace Windu was the only one with a purple lightsaber has never been explained in universe. I get the reason why out of the universe but come on.

21. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    No thanks.

22. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I just wish there was a set, set of guidelines that Jedi used for the colors...
    • Council Member
    • Jedi Master
    • Jedi
    • Jedi Apprentice
    • Jedi Youngling

...or something similar. Maybe we'll get something like that in this weeks' CW episode...or maybe in Episode VII... ** wishful thinking**

23. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Good guys = blue and green (and purple in Mace's case)
    Bad guys = red

It's already very well established, there is no need to go messing with that.

24. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Sounds like my old karate class. you get a new color belt the higher you go.

25. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Beyond wasting space, what is the point of this thread? Just because Lucas is no longer in charge of the SW franchise - having passed the baton to Kathleen Kennedy - does not mean that the basic tenets he set up with the existing Saga will suddenly be tossed out the window. The Blue/Green/Red color scheme isn't going to be changed... it's as simple as that. The only reason George let Mace Windu have a purple lightsaber is because Samuel L. Jackson personally asked him for one.

-polymath- likes this.