main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What comics are your "must haves", before DH loses the license?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Orman Tagge, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First Of My Name

First Of My Name Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2014
    I mean to get Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison, Dark Times: A Spark Remains, probably the KOTOR Omnibuses, and maybe the Legacy hardcovers.

2. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I really hope Dark Horse's contract does not allow another company to reprint the stuff they published (this would also mean that Dark Horse must stop printing all its Star Wars titles, but so be it). I don't want to see Marvel selling those stories. They thought Star Wars was bust 25 years ago and they dumped the property in the middle of developing a SW comeback project (Dark Empire). There'd be some bad karmic imbalance with Marvel selling all the Dark Horse stuff.

I know Marvel was an independent company back then and not a cog in the machine, but still. Karma.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    A person who is going to get into Star Wars for the first time by watching VII or Rebels, and then finds out there are novels, if they're interested in reading more about Star Wars, is probably not going to decide against picking up HTTE or the Adventures of Han Solo because they don't "count." If they want to read the books, they want to read the books. At least, that's the way I'd look at it if I were the one who were freshly entering a franchise. None of this stuff happened in real life anyways; why should I care if Lucasfilm says this didn't happen or not? It's a story, and if I want to read it, I'll read it.

4. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm going to have to hope that I'll be able to find the omnibus formats still available after Marvel takes over. I really can't afford these things that often. I may be able to buy like 2 or 3 prior to the end of the year. Those will be likely to be Son of Dathomir and maybe the Boba Fett Omnibus. Or maybe the Clone Wars ones. Not real sure right now. It will also be determined by what I can get from my local library through inter-library loan...

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Agreed, better to let it disappear forever.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    HSA will likely work no matter what, HTTE? Harder to say until we know something of Ep 7's plot in terms of what it says about what happened before.

Franchise fiction is every bit about expectations as anything else, if someone goes in expecting consistency and a single shared continuity for the books/comics, then confusion could result later. If they don't expect or require that it won't be a problem. I do wonder how clear the meaning of the Legends tag would be to a newcomer, it's not as bad New 52 but may not be that clear either.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.