main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What comics did you pick up this week?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    Batman annual & #650
    last week's Action
    All-Star Superman #2

Enjoyed all of them.

2. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    You should check out some of Bendis' run. I have almost all the issues he wrote. A gritty and gripping noir series that made me wish the movie had been more like it.

3. durden21

durden21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    Lets see, what did I get.

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #40: Haven't read all of it yet but it looks promising. Looks like one of "those" Aquaman relaunches so we'll have to see how it works out.

Infinite Crisis #5 :eek:

Supergirl #5 What can be said that Raven didn't already say. Nice to see Kara taught some humility after constantly hearing how great she is. Sups stole the show though. In addition to his "don't believe everything you hear" line I was also partial to "just so we're clear. I could catch you, I could stop you, anytime I wanted to".

Astonishing X-Men #13 Again nothing to say that Raven didn't. Logan in the danger room was great. Scott telling Beast that Logan would hold back so the kids could feal good about themselves only to have Logan standing on top of a pile of beaten children.

Supreme Power Vol.1 Great stuff. I'd been waiting for the trade and even though I was a bit late getting it well worth the wait. Now I have to get Vol. 2.

The (Last) Adventures of Superman #649 Haven't read it yet. Just looked at the pretty pictures. No one does pretty like Benes.

Ms. Marvel #1 Guess thats what I get for listening to the "buzz". I just don't like "Bendis's" Marvel. I know he didn't write it or anything but it just reeks of him if you know what I mean.

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    just got some more GN in - Wonderwoman Second Genesis and Lifelines

5. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    my buying habits have shifted dramatically towards DC already.

Same here.

I picked up Supergirl #5-Great issue, Supes was awesome.

Infinite Crisis # 5:So far I'm enjoying Crisis.

Wonder Woman 226: It was okay, though Rucka mixed up some of the events.

Avengers #16:Meh, I thought it was boring. Also lol @ Alpha Flight.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    This week I picked up:

Infinite Crisis #5
    Star Wars: Empire #40
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic/Rebellion 25 Cent Flip Book
    Ultimates 2 #10
    Ex Machina #18

All were quite good too. :cool:

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Didn't read it, what did he mix up? Was it a real mix up or was it a multiverse retcon?

Edit: And someone fill me in on Avengers. I stopped after issue #2. How is Echo Ronin? I guess it isn't the first time we've seen a female charcter in male guise but just seemed odd when I heard it the other day.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I also just picked up another Daredevil, the one where he goes to Prison, and the 25 cent primer for Rebellion and KOTOR.

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I picked up ultimates 10, which was awesome. FSN 5, which was an ok little 1 shot, and the .25$ rebellion/kotor flip book. I also picked up marvel knights spider man 1-12, and spider man and human tourch 1-5. I haven't read those yet, but i hope they're good.

10. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    X-Men, Black Widow and a copy of Outsiders that I already had
    because I didn't recognise the cover. [face_frustrated]

11. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    infinate crisis #5 both covers

ms marvel #1

and my comic store has a promo for the year jump(DC)...for $100.00 you get all of them when they come out

12. MariahJSkywalker

Mar 11, 2005
    Was it a real mix up or was it a multiverse retcon?

A real mix-up.

13. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Got Preacher: Gone to Texas TPB yesterday. Tis my time reading Garth Ennis. I haven't had this much fun reading something, book or comic, in quite a long time. I want the rest of Preacher now.

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Preacher is far and away the best series I have ever read. You're in for quite a treat! :)

15. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Ok, but how so?

16. MariahJSkywalker

Mar 11, 2005
    He mixed up the events in Diana's life. He put her coming back from death first, and then had the story advance to when she had to give up her title of Wonder Woman. Though the correct order is she had to give up her title of being Wonder Woman first, then she died later on in the series.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I just subscribed to.....

Ultimate Spiderman
    Ultimate Fantastic 4
    Ultimate X Men
    Ultimates 2

(1 year of each)

[face_dancing]

18. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

This week, my pull list is going to be fairly small - by my standards.

American Virgin #1: Definitely looking forward to this. It has the potential to be fantastic, and I really trust Vertigo to give me good things to read.

Fables #47: Didn't care too much for the first part of this two-parter, but I'll get the second half anyhow.

Teen Titans #33: Definitely looking forward to this.

Fell #4: I'll definitely pick this up. Very good stuff for a very low price.

Powers Vol 2 #17: I've started picking this up again. I'm curious as to where Bendis is going, and the current plotline is one that interests me a lot.

Ultimate Spider-Man #91: If there's one comic I want this week, it's this. Kitty Pryde in a new costume, Deadpool, and a new arc. I'm excited.

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I actually don't think that I'll be getting anything for the next couple shipping weeks - Nothing on the horizons that I usually get.

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I hear that. Son of M is about the only for sure thing I'd get this week (although I'm seriously considering giving American Virgin a try). Next week all it looks like I'd get would be Ultimate X-Men. So I may just wait a few weeks until there's a decent pile to get.

21. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

American Virgin #1: This was OK. It was good enough that I'll give it a few more issues, but it didn't set my world on fire like Sandman or Lucifer.

Fables #47: The second half is far, far better than the first. And the last few pages of the second half are what makes it good. And the last two panels are what makes it great. I wonder if Willingham had modern real world terrorists in mind when he wrote that.

Teen Titans #33: This was good. The writing was great; the art lackluster. Worth reading. Interesting things happening with Cassie, that'll hopefully be followed up on in OYL.

Fell #4: Good value for the money, but not as good as the first two issues.

Powers Vol 2 #17: I like this plotline. Although, I wish that Bendis would use more talking heads. Sounds strange to say that about Bendis - the poor guy can't win.

Ultimate Spider-Man #91: AWESOME. Honestly, this is my favorite Ultimate Spider-Man issue ever. I'm more convinced than ever that Peter+Kitty is how things should go in the Ultimate universe. Screw MJ. Nice girl and all, but Ultimate Kitty is the character for Ultimate Peter. Also, Deadpool pwns.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Son of M #4 - Not the best issue of the series, in fact I'd call it the weakest so far. But that's only because the entire issue is essentially set up for #5. Getting to see Callisto deal with life sans-powers was nice. Plus, Magneto!!!

USM #91 - I have to agree with Raven. Screw Mary Jane. Keep Kitty around! Great issue, I can't wait till the next one.

23. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Cable and Deadpool 26 - Deadpool is hilarious as usual, but Apocalypse doesn't interest me at all.

TT 33: Character developement for Conner.

Captain Atom Armageddon 6: I can't believe how they're treating Engineer. She wasn't such an evil b@#%# in the original series, nor was Jack so menacing! Atom is already pretty naive on his own, they don't need to amp up The Authority's dark side just for his sake.

Still plan on reading: Wildcats Nemesis 7, American Virgin, Ultimate Spiderman 91, Firestorm 23.

24. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I would like to agree with you, but there was just one detail off about the whole thing.

WHY DOES DEADPOOL LACK THE YELLOW SPEACH BUBBLES?!!

25. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    I picked up Green Arrow 53-59, just to catch up... He's my favorite :) And I got IC 5 finally... don't have time to run to the comic shop as much as I'd like.

GA 59=Sad GavinStrife... I hope he's okay :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.