main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What comics did you pick up this week?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Today I ordered the Marvel Zombies Spider-man/Mary Jane t-shirt

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This week:

Battlestar Galactica #10
    Jack of Fables #11
    Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears #5
    Daredevil: Battlin' Jack Murdock #1
    New Warriors #1 - Great to see Beak and Wind Dancer again. Nice to catch up on some of the depowered mutants.
    Iron Man #18
    Ms. Marvel #16
    Omega Flight #3 - It's a real shame this isn't going to be an ongoing. The whole story is wasted on the formation of the team. We're more than halfway through and the team isn't even all together formed yet.
    Avengers: The Initiative #3
    Uncanny X-Men #487 - Cute little SW reference when Hepzibah says "What good are knives? Fail you, they will. Not like a blaster." Warpath responds "You're doing it again... talking like the guy I told you about from that movie..."
    Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness #4

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    This week was fairly light for me.

Gunslinger 5
    iron amn 18
    uncanny 487, i thought the star wars ref was great.

4. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Oh last week i got
    New Avengers: Illuminati #3
    Wolverine #54
    Silver Surfer Requiem #1
    Kotor 17
    silent war 5
    hulk 106

I really liked silver surfer, the art's awesome and JMS's writing is superb as usual. I also really like Illuminati.

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    This week's Detective Comics was great. The Dini run has been fantastic, and this is one of the highlights, together with his previous Joker story. The art is nice, the plot itself was interesting, but the highlight is the characterization of Batman and the Joker. This is probably what I love best about Dini: his take on the Joker. Joker is scary, nasty, funny, and an enemy worthy of Batman.

I wish that the Mary Marvel plotline in Countdown was a book of its own. So far, it's the most interesting thing in the series, and I wish it had more space to breath. I'm also tempted to pick up the recent Marvel books and catch up. But then, this looks like it's going to be a "fall to the dark side and get redeamed" sort of plot, and I like those.

6. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic #13
    Legacy #11, 12
    Wolverine #54

7. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    hi there,
    i'm new here,so be gentle...
    i got the new...lol,new? it's been so long since the last issue,it's like a whole new comic book...anyway,the new issue of shaolin cowboy,great art,as always,dreadful writing...
    and i picked up the preview copy,or issue zero,of warren ellis's new book black summer.
    talk about geof darrow and geof darrow-lite!?

anybody know what the hell i'm going on about?
    ;)

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oooh, Warren Ellis. I've been meaning to get some of his stuff but don't know where to start.

I've finally got my grubby paws on Legacy #12 today. I had to change my subscription so it was delivered to my parents' house due to me moving and I sent the email the day it was supposed to have been dispatched, otherwise I would've had in when it was released. :oops: It's a great issue, I really look forward to the next.

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'm going to try something new, to try to get more people posting in comics threads. Every Tuesday night, I'll post a list of the new books to be released the next day. I'll do this in a new thread each week. No laundry lists people - if you just post a laundry list, I'll remove the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.