main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What comics did you pick up this week?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by JediTrilobite, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

The last issue of Nightwing was so bad that I refuse to pick up this weeks issue. It made Grayson's run on Nightwing seem brilliant.

2. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Well, atleast read it in the comic shop or something... While I didn't read the previous one (but probably will now), this one wasn't that bad

3. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

On the flip side of things, Superman #651 was excellent. Honestly, I think that this is the best Superman story I've ever read, by a large margin.

4. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    ...yeah, the shop was out of that unfortunately... going to a different shop this weekend to find it

5. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    I liked the first issue of the Nightwing story, but I didn't think the second one was very good.

The artist appears to be drawing Dick Grayson as Trent Reznor, c. mid-'90s.

6. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I liked the first issue of the Nightwing story, but I didn't think the second one was very good.

I felt the same way. Something was just off.

7. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    This week I got Star Wars: Rebellion #1, the Boba Fett one shot, and Son of M #5. I also got the House of M trade, since I'm wanting to unload some single issues from my collection. Had some success on some fronts, but no one wants HoM so far... [face_worried]

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Picked up Ultimate Spider-Man 92 & 93 today. Not sure the more intelligent Deadpool is a change for the better (I want my yellow bubbles) but Kitty and Peter are awesome together.

~*!~-~DOCTOR BEAR~-~!*~

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Alas, I'm still waiting for CW6 and 7 to discount on TFAW. The waiting game is electric. [face_mischief]

I'm looking into the remote possibility of fantasy comics. Perhaps Forgotten Realms.

10. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    You're probably not going to have too much luck with medieval fantasy comics, at least not among non-manga comics. However, Sandman, Lucifer, Fables, and Testament are good examples of western fantasy comics. The only western medieval fantasy comic I can think off off-hand that?s still going and a decent read is Conan.

Loveless #6 was one of the most unsympathetic looks at an escaped slave I?ve ever seen. I love the character of Atticus Mann more than ever now. The moral of his story (?Iron. If you ain?t holdin? it? yer wearin? it. So you best do yer damndest to be holdin? it.?) was chilling in its own sort of way.

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  12. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Just picked up Teen Titans #34 and Y: The Last Man #s 43 and 44.

While I was at the comic book shop, this one guy started talking to the owner about Infinite Crisis. Between the two of them, I got spoiled big-time. :mad: I was going to wait for the TPB, but instead I'll pick up the single issues before I get spoiled any further.

13. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Yeah, that was my plan at first, but my friends kept talking about it and I just had to get started lol... If you look hard enough, you can still find them

14. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Oh, that won't be a problem. One of the two comic shops I frequent is flooded with them. They're all second or third printings, but I don't mind.

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep, they're reprinting the heck out of those books.

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I just got Ultimate Spiderman #93 today, it was my first issue and I enjoyed it.

17. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Yeah, I know, hehe... unfortunately, the sarcasm on my last post was difficult to convey. Perhaps I should have used a smilie to help, like [face_laugh]

18. JediImprov

JediImprov Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    New week, I got:

Boba Fett Overkill
    Exiles 79
    Justice 5
    New Avengers 18
    Nova 1
    Rebellion 1
    Superman 651
    Uncanny Xmen 472
    Wolverine Origins 1
    Xmen 185

19. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Slow comic week for me, all I got was Outsiders 35... was okay, I guess, but I'm new to the Outsiders, so I really have nothing to compare it to...

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I picked up:

Boba Fett: Overkill - Fun issue, although the art wasn't terribly good.
    Rebellion #1 - Really good issue, looking forwards to what's coming up with that.
    B.P.R.D.: The Universal Machine #1 - AWESOME Issue. Loved the art, the storyline that they're setting up. Really can't wait to see the rest of this series - and what happened to the Captain.

21. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    This week i picked up spiderwomen, new avengers, squadron supreme, x-men, and wolverine origins. I really enjoyed origins.

22. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    Outsiders #35 (Where the hell is Arsenal?)
    Wildcats Nemesis #2-8
    But I couldn't get Xmen #185 because it's delivery was delayed by the bank holiday on Monday. :(

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ultimate Extinction #4, this was a quick read, kind of a fill in issue to get to the climax.

Conan #27. Ok, probably one of the best comic series I have ever read is going downhill fast. First the artist goes, then the current artist may take over as writer. I'm going to give this a few more issues to improve.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Robin #149 and some other stuff :p

I really like the OYL Robin. Both in his own book and titans. I like the new artist, I just wish he'd do something different with the hair.

25. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Picked up:

Daredevil 84 - Awesome issue. And the Punisher came in, which is awesome.
    Wolverine: Origins - Mediocre artwork, but interesting.
    One other I can't remember at the moment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.