main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Costume are you currently/or did working on?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthSidious990, Apr 5, 2002.

?

What Costume are you currently/or did working on?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Padme ATOC

23.2%
  2. Padme TPM

5.4%
  3. Jedi (Obi-wan, Yoda..)

30.4%
  4. Droids

1.8%
  5. Jango Fett/Boba Fett

5.4%
  6. Clone Trooper/Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper

8.9%
  7. Imperial Guard/Imperial Gunman/Imperial Admiral

3.6%
  8. Leia

8.9%
  9. Other (Aliens, Nomedians, T'wileks...)

10.7%
  10. Forget the Costumes already!

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Working on two Leia costumes for myself, then a Jedi for someone for after the Convention (Bless them! ;) ) I've got peices cut for a few others, but time and $$ all depend everything else. Right now I'm working on my Celebration acessories for my costume. We'll see how it all fairs.

Lotus :D

(If anyone is in Cincinnati or driving area, our Fan Force Chapter is going to do a "How to build a Jedi Costume" meeting. We're not sure when, or what the dates will be, but I figure some people are visual, and find written instructions hard to follow. Hopefully I should have everyone sportin' Jedi Threads before the day is out. If not, at least a few days after.)

2. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    On the way to work today I got Quincy's Girl Scout pants hemmed and then cut out 2 sets of aluminum pieces for Leia ANH belts (14 pieces total) I started filing them down and then I got to my job.
    There was track work this morning so the train ride was much longer than usual. At work, I worked on making the pattern for the Jango Fett head piece which I got a working pattern done. Then on the way home, I finished filing the aluminum pieces.

I haven't done anything since I got home though, because I had to see if the pictures from last night got posted...... :)

Wearing armor in public---IN A REALLY BIG WAY!!

Read all about our little outing with No Doubt and see pictures!

[image=http://www.tk604.com/images/nodoubt2002/DCP01978.JPG]

3. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Azeem, I can't access your website. Has it moved?

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Dey! Multiple Voting allow, leh! :)

Due to the amount of school works I getting this days, I sticking to finish my:
    1) AOTC Amidala Full White Battle Suit
    2) ROTJ Royal Guard (Need to repaint the helmet and tip of forcepike!!)
    3) TPM Marron Handmaid Outer Cloak (Stencilling Time! :) )
    4) Maybe the AOTC Queen Of Naboo's Handmaid's Orange Gown
    5) Padme Naberries Tatooine Grab (my Padme Buddies been waiting for the day I dress up like her and she sitting on my shoulder!)
    6) Wesell (downgrading the Nylon Lycra bodysuit to Cotton Drill Overall cause Lycra not going on sale anytime soon and it's too expansive for me currently :( )
    7) A Cloak & Vest/Short Tabbards for ROTJ Tatooine Jedi Luke?
    by 12am May 16th Singapore Time.

Most of the rest (ANH Manga Leia, Darth Prion :D etc), just gonna have it 50% done and some others gonna get hung up cause I had been adding 2 extra Important Manga AS Costumes to my list of which one due for Sept and other for Dec. ;)

5. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    As soon as I get my stuff back from a long and difficult house move, I´m starting on Stormtrooper armor. I´m really looking forward to it! :D

6. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    ANH Imperial officer for my husband and TPM Amidala pre-senate kimono and headpiece for myself, as well as a simple Tatooine peasant/Shmi type getup.

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Padme's meadow picnic dress. :)

8. DarthSidious990

DarthSidious990 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    You should use these ideas to dress up for when the movie comes out. Im sure all of you are already doing that...

9. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Today I was repairing some of the trim on a Queen Amidala Senate gown and coat.

Tomorrow I will be doing some alterations on the Queen Amidala black travel costume coat.

10. PunkJr

PunkJr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    I've got my Death Star Gunner costume, and I'm working on an Imperial Officer costume!

(Thanks for the FAQ Nos!!)

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    "Light Armour"....already got my bone-handled, Bokken-style curved lightsaber done.....

12. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Right now im redoing Padmé's mos espa shirt and making Jedi pants to go with my tunic. Also i'll be heming up both my my Jedi robes.

13. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Well currently I'm researching Leia's ANH dress and cape and then my aunt will make it.

14. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Today I was working on the Anakin EP II Jedi cloak, 2 Jango Fett pilot headpieces, 2 Leia ANH belts, one white leather and one silver, I made a complete Leia ANH ceremonial gown......I put an other coat of paint on a Senator Amidala headpiece......I did some other things......I repaired my stormtrooper helmet and made an extension for one of the other Queen Amidala costumes.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Today i was supposed to hem up my Barris robe and make my jedi pants....

Then i read the pants directions and decided to use regular Khakis.

I didnt get to hem up my robe because my mom was gonna help me, but never did.

Monday i need to buy a lightsaber.

16. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Padmé's AOTC Blue/Grayish Silver Dress

17. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Toren, thanks for the ideas!

And no, I won't be using Sith Armor. If you look in all the Tales of the Jedi graphic novels, you'll see some Jedi had armor. Now, just because a Jedi has armor doesn't mean he's a wuss. It's merely an added measure of protection. Because a Jedi in Spirit form is just annoying, nothing more.

If anyone has any ideas or questions, just PM me. I'd love to hear from someone!

This is a rundown of what I've planned so far:

- two chest plates, slightly curved
    - some sort of small shoulder bells, although I really want something that the cape will attach to, like the Sandrock Custom from the Gundam W series (actually, Endless Waltz). Ya know, the cape that stretches over the shoulder... thingies (since they really aren't shoulder bells).
    - Then maybe some sort of 4 piece neck guard, similar to what Jango has, only with a wide front piece, a slightly narrower back piece, and to separate side pieces to cover the collar bone and back.
    - A narrow "Ab Guard" shaped kinda like the Jedi: Outcast symbol, how it starts off a little narrow gradually increasing in width, then a third the way down, changes angles to make it more shallow. Then I'll take long leather strips that 'button' or fasten onto the ab guard, and wrap all the way around, maybe fastening or looping through a back plate. Again, the ab guard will probably be two or three connected pieces to allow for better movement. Cause a Jedi's gotta bend over sometime.
    - I'm still deciding on what kind of cod piece, if any, I want. I'll definently have hip guards, little plates of armor that hang from the sides of my belt. Again, a Gundam W inspiration.
    - I want some sort of all-in-one shin and knee guard, for the lower legs. Then some sort of Zam Wessel style boots, with the shin covers coming over the ankle covers, which cover the feet.
    - Then, finally, some awesome gauntlets. I'm thinking I want to cover my forearms in narrow strips of sintra or something, then have some sort of upper hand plating.

Any thoughts?

18. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Currently working on Clonetrooper rifle. Just had my legs cast for the armor pieces.

19. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Gee, is it just me or did I quench the thread pretty quickly?

*that was a bump*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.