what costume would fit a really tall guy and be 1k or under?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jacktherack, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    i have been thinking long and hard about this. i finally decided that i didn't want a stormtrooper costume
    because i am 6 foot 5, 230 pounds, even though i am only 19 years old. i thought i would look out of place when i'm a stormtrooper thats taller then most vaders. i want a darth vader costume mostly but i only have 1 thousand dollers. i was thinking of a shadow trooper or somthing, what kind of costume would be for someone tall that i could get for 1000 or less?
  2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Zero-G Stormtroopers or Spacetroopers wear a really big armored suit that could hide height and bulk.
    Or you can build a good wookie costume. Maybe a wookie bounty hunter if you want armor. Or a Tagorian.

As for Vader: Dave Prowse was big in all directions, but black is slimming, so it didn't show as much.
  3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I'd say go for Vader or a Wookie when you have the funds.

X-Wing pilot can be done for less than $500, and that looks good on everyone. :)
  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With a little make-up work, you could even be a non-human X-wing pilot!
  5. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Or a Talz.
    Or Ithorian Hammerhead.

Or, if you want the real difficult costuming job: a hutt.
  6. BPStoyle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If you're willing to put in the work, a Wookiee or Taz or Wampa would make for a wonderful costume for your body type.

If you didn't care about the innards of the body, you may be able to pull of a "poor man's" General Grievous (basically body hidden by a cloak, just seeing the head, arms, and possibly feet) as well.
  7. BPStoyle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    EDIT: Seems my message posted twice. My bad.
  8. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I would say go wookiee. We just got our fist one in Denver, and she is VERY popular. It takes time, but you have the frame for it. If you want a point of contact, drop me a PM.
  9. Waterratt Jedi Padawan

Since funds are limited, and you did not say whether you are leaning to the dark or light side, I would maybe make a jedi costume, or maybe a Darth Maul or any other sith. Even Darth Nihilus would be pretty cool, especially being so tall, that would be pretty impressive. Good luck.
  10. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    You could probably do a decent enough Royal Guard for under 1K.

- Amo
  11. weemansith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm 6'9" and really want to do Vader. I do have an Anakin Ep3 costume as well. The hard thing is, that doing any type of costume can run up in cost really fast when you make it what you want it to be. I have been wanting to mod my Anakin duds as well to have my own version of a Jedi. Saving up now to begin work on my Vader.
  12. LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader, im 6'2" tall and 250 in weight, and this is mine:[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/2007%20expo%20pics/07-10-14-041.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.