main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO What costumes do you have?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Col mar, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Col mar

Col mar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    Post pictures or just the kind of StarWars costumes you have.

I'm working on a Jedi, Imperial officer and custom smuggler costumes.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Do you have any pictures to share?

3. Col mar

Col mar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    not since none of them are completed yet.

4. dougcpa

dougcpa Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2001
    I have a Darth Vader costume. I have all the components, but its not complete yet. I recently moved and haven't had time to finish it. You can see pics of it here: http://darksaber.hispeed.com/vader/vader.htm

--------------
    Doug
    Missouri Star Wars Club - http://www.moswc.com
    Kansas Star Wars Club - http://darksaber.hispeed.com

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Okay, I'm reviving this old thread because Saturday night I went to a Halloween dance dressed as..... yes, yes, you guessed it: a Jedi Knight.

Last year I sewed myself a Jedi robe, color burgundy. It was SOOOOOOO hard. I bought a pattern and then made some modificatons to it. It looks very excellent, but whenever I have ALL the components of the costume completed I plan some minor changes to the robe.

This year I fixed myself some knee-high boots, black. Because I am skinny as a twig, I could not just buy a pair of boots, my calves are too wide. So I ended up buying a pair of boots at a thrift shop ($6.99), undid the seam along the back of the calf, and sewed some leather pieces in there to make the calves wider. It sounds simple, but it was NOT easy. Like the robe, I will eventually make some modifications, but I will save that for later.

For the rest, I just wore leggings, a black shirt underneath, a grey button-up shirt for the tunic - I just turned the collar under, and my usual leather belt, and my plastic Obi-Wan lightsaber which I have jerry-rigged a way for it to hang (and detach easily) from the belt. I'll either make the tunic or a nice Jedi belt next, I haven't decided. Probably the tunic as I already have the material for that.

Anyway, I was at a dance with regular NON-SW, NON-SciFi geeks, and did get some complements. There were, of course, a few people who had to ask what I was, and a few who thought I was supposed to be a monk (I guess they either didn't see or didn't recognize the lightsaber). I'm sure at the Halloween dance next year the general public will have more of a clue since Ep2 will have just come out.

It was fun, and I can't wait until I get more of the costume completed.

6. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    speaking of Halloween...I haven't a clue as to what I am going to do...*sigh* oh well...

7. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    i have a handmaiden costume...but i'm currently getting a jedi costume:D

8. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm dredging up this old thread for a good reason, I swear. :D

Tab and Sal, I think one of you posted on the 'next meeting' thread that you bought your lightsabers for your Jedi costumes. What kind did you buy? Some of the very cool and very expensive that people sell online? I'd love to see some of those in person instead of just in pictures.

For myself, I've spent several hours this weekend working on a lightsaber. I hope to finish it tomorrow. :cool:

9. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000

Tab and Sal, I think one of you posted on the 'next meeting' thread that you bought your lightsabers for your Jedi costumes. What kind did you buy? Some of the very cool and very expensive that people sell online? I'd love to see some of those in person instead of just in pictures.

For myself, I've spent several hours this weekend working on a lightsaber. I hope to finish it tomorrow. :cool:

10. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.