main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What could have been (according to Gary Kurtz)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clonetrooper1000

Clonetrooper1000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2003
    Darth_Insidious: "You're repeating the same thing over and over, which is forcing me to do the same, which I don't greatly enjoy."

Simply because you cannot accept my points which are recognised fact. ;)

Darth_Insidious: "The people who put it on the screen are its creators"

Please understand..... The "creator" behind a film or work is not those that "create" the film itself. The "creator" is the original conceptual mind behind the idea and story - on SW, Lucas is both.

You might want to feel that many people "create" the film, because in many ways they do create in a way. However, you just have to realise that in recognised terms - "creator" is a particular person who provides the original story, idea or conception.

Darth_Insidious: "It's not a very hard concept to grasp."

Well you cannot even grasp simple facts, buddy [face_laugh]

DI: "It all depends on what medium the idea was originally intended to be expressed in."

Actually, definition expresses it is the person behind the idea itself. It would be stupid to change the circumstances of an idea by events that happen external of that idea(medium). Who created this original idea or story??? I am not saying SW was not developed for the screen, but in reality it could be developed into many different mediums and it has already been made into comics/novels/radio dramas/films. The creator of SW is George Lucas, DI.

If you want to apply your own terms to "creator", feel free, but don't keep stating as if yours are correct, because definition states otherwise.

gezvader28: "so wouldn't that logic make George Lucas the Creator of The Star Wars Holiday Special?!"

Firstly, it is not logic. I have not arrived at that conslusion because it exists as fact. I have already provided a definition and numerous examples of how GL is accepted and regarded as SW creator because he fits definition as 'creator'.

Secondly, the Star Wars Holiday Special was written by others and was the idea of the studio, because Fox had it as part of there contract. I am not sure what part Lucas played in the project in all. If Lucas did concieve this then he is the creator. If not, then it is a spin-off of Star Wars which is created by George Lucas, just like EU books and stuff.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Clonetrooper -

Actually Lucas did come up with the storyline for The Holiday Special, he also had meetings with the makers, gave suggestions on the storyboards. There's an excellent article about it in SFX #67.

I wonder if George would be happy to be known as The Creator of the Holiday Special?!

I'm just saying - these things are open to interpretation.

Another example - there was some bad feeling between Stan Lee and Jack Kirby because Lee was called the creator of a number of Marvel characters. Now Lee did write the origins but Jack Kirby designed and drew them. So who was the creator?
    I say both.
    this happened with other comic characters too.

g

3. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    You can all go back to the original thread in TPM now.

Thanks for playing in Saga, see y'all again real soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.