main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What could make this trilogy better than the last?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    1. Better dialogue. Which I think will be fixed with the new screenwriter they hired.
    2. Likable characters - the only characters I really enjoyed in the prequels were Obi-Wan and the Emperor. Everyone else seemed dense and two dimensional. I would have enjoyed the prequels more if Anakin was this great person who was seduced by the Dark Side. He came off as a rotten kid in Episode II.
    3. A good plot - sorry but the prequel plots were not that wonderful and not executed well.
    4. LESS CGI, more "costumed characters." Amazing things can be done with makeup as we see in many movies. Too much CGI really makes the movie look too fake. With that note, some real sets would help as well.
    5. A better director. No offense to George Lucas. He is an incredible visionary and storyteller. But, and I think he would admit this, there are more talented directors out there to tell his stories. Even with the disappointment I had in the prequels, I still have incredible respect for Lucas and admire him for what he has accomplished (and brought us with the SW universe).

2. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Agreed, but it was a far cry from a "success". The human element is always the most important part of drama. All the special effects & action set pieces in the world can't compensate for indifference toward the characters.

3. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think part of this (at least in regards to Star Wars) is how simple and classic the OT was compared to the PT which was more complicated but ultimately more shallow.

4. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I want good drama, I don't watch any of Star Wars movies ;)

5. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    Wise policy.

6. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Not that I don't want likable characters in the ST that I can root for. That's one of the things that made the original a smash hit in the first place, after all.

7. Cantina Bassist

Nov 5, 2012
    Bingo.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's another reason AOTC stunk for me. I understand Anakin and Obi-Wan had to have their differences but nothing like that.

9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Yeah, I think RotS was certainly the best of the PT, but it failed for me in it's most important moment and that is the turning of Anakin. Ok he had is differences with Mace and Yoda. But when he learns that Palpy was the evil Mastermind behind this whole war and the Master of Dooku who took his arm or Maul who took Qui-Gonn and he goes whining and on a killing frenzy was sooooo unbelieveable. He lived and fought with these people for years against the Sith, but joins them because of some vague hints that he could then rescue his wife? Come on! Then to top this, you have Frankenvader yell "NOOOOOOO" and Padme losing her will to live, when she has just given birth and the over-the-top future medical droids can do nothing, when they were able to fix crispy Anakin. Then you have the open questions that were promised to be answered in EP III (Syfo Dyas, the Force Ghosting). EPIII stank, big time. I like the Clone Wars series 1000000 times more than the PT, because the characters and dialogues are more believeable. The only good thing about the PT was the Maul/Jinn/Obi fight, but I still don't understand, why Obi does not use his force sprint to get to Qui Gon that he used to get away from the Droidekas...

10. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The script written by SuperShadow.