Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 26, 2001.
I like the Al Gore comment ^^
I think nothing crashed. And the government made it all up for a good story, and to hide something else.
It was a UFO. An Unidentified Flying Object. That's what it was. An object, which was unidenified, which was flying and then crashed. As for what the OBJECT was, we'll probably never know. Can't have been a weather baloon, probably an experimental aircraft that was to be kept classified.
It was a UFO, but not necessarily some sort of alien craft.
But, maybe the NM rednecks couldn't understand some good UK English
Technochely (sp?) it was an "Unidentified Flying Obect" (UFO) to the people who saw it. However I'd say it was a weather balloon. I don't think Area 51 could keep the seceret of Aliens closed off to the public for 50+ years.
Haven't you guys seen ID 4 ???? They show it all there !
No seriously, I believe it was a UFO. Unidentified Flying Object. At the time. Maybe it wasn't aliens, maybe that they were testing a new plane or something that was still top secret at the time and that we know exists today...
But I like to think it was aliens. That's fun.
you guys are backwards, the aliens we stashed in Hanger 13 at Wright-Patterson Airforce Base in Dayton Ohio. I know because I toured the base and they refused to show us Hanger 13.
I think it was a UFO. Haqs anyone ever seen the "weather balloon" that crached there?
I've also heard about that in Dayton, DL. Why else wouldn't they let people inside to show them that there is actually nothing there?
It was a U.F.O., Unidentified Flying Object. Now, the real question is was it a man-made U.F.O or an Alien one? Possibly a mixture of both.
Only 2 Options?!?!
UFO....i have seen too many shows on the TLC, Discovery Ch. and Hist. Ch. to think otherwise.
I don't think it was a UFo. So I say weather balloon. But I mean experimental spacecraft.
It was a UFO, to be more specific it was an alien spaceship that crashed, it was an alien spaceship that crashed because many people saw it and were threatened with death if they ever talked about and the local newspaper actually printed in its paper that a alien ship crashed there but the government forced them to lie and say that it was a crashed weather ballon, but a message from me:Everyone knows the truth about it and God does to.
BTW, Area 51 is in Nevada.
a dud abomb from the nazis!!!!!!!
then we stole their tech and used it on the japs!!!!!!
Jar Jar's Big Bongo spaceship
You forgot a neither-of-the-above option.
For people who really belive it's a weather balloon consider a couple of facts:
1. In the weeks leading up to Roswell UFO excitings exploded. Many credible people claimed to have seen then. From nuns, known for honesty, to US fighter poilets, who reported something that was flying beyong the areonautics cababilites of the time.
2. The material of the "weather balloon" was unexplainable by 1940's material science. Reports from the farmer, and his family said it was unbreakable, unburnable, and when folded or crumpled would return it self to it's normal state.
3. The debris covered miles of open farm land. For the balloon to cover that much area it would have to be as large as a 3 story buliding. If it was really a lost weather ballon, how did they lose some thing that big?
4. The army was there the day it was reported to collect the weather balloon. In all other cases of downed weather balloons there was generally a 5 dollar return reward. And no one cared if you kept it.
5. Years later officers in the army were unwilling to speak about the incident.
6. The farmer who found the wreckage had distinctly different stories about the incident. One from when he originally reported what he found, and one after being held at the local military base for at least 3 days.
If that was just a weather balloon what was the big deal?
Failed test of a US rocket?
Considering that the government quietly retracted the weather balloon story just a few of years ago, a UFO.
Oh, PB I have the greatest pic for this situtaion, if only it wouldn't get me banned.
And it's not a rocket, thoes were flimsy metal things at that time. And all of ours blew up at about 5 feet off the ground.
**does ST's voice** Oooh, theres something out there. ET, fone home.
I don't know if it was a UFO, but I hope it was.