main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What crashed at Roswell in 1947?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 26, 2001.

?

What crashed at Roswell in 1947?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. UFO

66.2%
  2. Weather Balloon

33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I like the Al Gore comment ^^ [face_laugh]

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I think nothing crashed. And the government made it all up for a good story, and to hide something else.

3. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    It was a UFO. An Unidentified Flying Object. That's what it was. An object, which was unidenified, which was flying and then crashed. As for what the OBJECT was, we'll probably never know. Can't have been a weather baloon, probably an experimental aircraft that was to be kept classified.

4. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Good point.
    It was a UFO, but not necessarily some sort of alien craft.
    But, maybe the NM rednecks couldn't understand some good UK English :D

5. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Technochely (sp?) it was an "Unidentified Flying Obect" (UFO) to the people who saw it. However I'd say it was a weather balloon. I don't think Area 51 could keep the seceret of Aliens closed off to the public for 50+ years.

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Haven't you guys seen ID 4 ???? They show it all there ! ;)
    No seriously, I believe it was a UFO. Unidentified Flying Object. At the time. Maybe it wasn't aliens, maybe that they were testing a new plane or something that was still top secret at the time and that we know exists today...
    But I like to think it was aliens. That's fun.

7. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    you guys are backwards, the aliens we stashed in Hanger 13 at Wright-Patterson Airforce Base in Dayton Ohio. I know because I toured the base and they refused to show us Hanger 13.

8. CoruscantJedi

CoruscantJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2001
    Weather balloon.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I think it was a UFO. Haqs anyone ever seen the "weather balloon" that crached there?

I've also heard about that in Dayton, DL. Why else wouldn't they let people inside to show them that there is actually nothing there?

10. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    It was a U.F.O., Unidentified Flying Object. Now, the real question is was it a man-made U.F.O or an Alien one? Possibly a mixture of both.

11. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Only 2 Options?!?!

Wha....

12. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    UFO....i have seen too many shows on the TLC, Discovery Ch. and Hist. Ch. to think otherwise.

13. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I don't think it was a UFo. So I say weather balloon. But I mean experimental spacecraft.

14. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It was a UFO, to be more specific it was an alien spaceship that crashed, it was an alien spaceship that crashed because many people saw it and were threatened with death if they ever talked about and the local newspaper actually printed in its paper that a alien ship crashed there but the government forced them to lie and say that it was a crashed weather ballon, but a message from me:Everyone knows the truth about it and God does to.

15. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    UFO.

BTW, Area 51 is in Nevada.

16. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    a dud abomb from the nazis!!!!!!!
    then we stole their tech and used it on the japs!!!!!!

17. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Jar Jar's Big Bongo spaceship

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You forgot a neither-of-the-above option.

19. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    For people who really belive it's a weather balloon consider a couple of facts:

1. In the weeks leading up to Roswell UFO excitings exploded. Many credible people claimed to have seen then. From nuns, known for honesty, to US fighter poilets, who reported something that was flying beyong the areonautics cababilites of the time.

2. The material of the "weather balloon" was unexplainable by 1940's material science. Reports from the farmer, and his family said it was unbreakable, unburnable, and when folded or crumpled would return it self to it's normal state.

3. The debris covered miles of open farm land. For the balloon to cover that much area it would have to be as large as a 3 story buliding. If it was really a lost weather ballon, how did they lose some thing that big?

4. The army was there the day it was reported to collect the weather balloon. In all other cases of downed weather balloons there was generally a 5 dollar return reward. And no one cared if you kept it.

5. Years later officers in the army were unwilling to speak about the incident.

6. The farmer who found the wreckage had distinctly different stories about the incident. One from when he originally reported what he found, and one after being held at the local military base for at least 3 days.

If that was just a weather balloon what was the big deal?

20. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    Failed test of a US rocket?

21. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Your mom.

22. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Considering that the government quietly retracted the weather balloon story just a few of years ago, a UFO.

23. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Oh, PB I have the greatest pic for this situtaion, if only it wouldn't get me banned.

And it's not a rocket, thoes were flimsy metal things at that time. And all of ours blew up at about 5 feet off the ground.

24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    **does ST's voice** Oooh, theres something out there. ET, fone home.

25. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't know if it was a UFO, but I hope it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.