main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson what day for september meeting??

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Aug 9, 2005.

?

what day for september meeting??

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. monday

33.3%
  2. tuesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. wednesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. thursday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. friday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. saturday

66.7%
  7. sunday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I decided to go ahead and put up a poll anyway. Vote your mind, and we will set the date accordingly.. and once we pick a date... I will if need be set up a poll for what time.. we should do this as quickly as we can.. so I can reserve the needed date at Bookman's before it is taken by a different group.

2. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I'm voting for a Monday and hopefully a time such as 7pm because I think that is a good day and time to meet . . . IMHO ;) We had a good turn out the last time we did a Monday. I'd also really like jamesmorbidia [SP?] to be able to attend as he has played a role in the re-vitalization of this group. :)

3. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I am freer on Saturday the 3rd anytime after 2pm. This is my only free day before Football and Baskeball seasons start.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm voting for Saturday, but only if the time is early (before 1pm). Maybe the next poll should be time? I work Friday-Monday 2 to midnight.

5. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I voted monday because I know I am free. Thanks Jada for the kind words. =D= Work and getting things ready for my little Jada ready for her first day of school had been taking my attention. Sat. suck for me 'cause I pretty much have to work from 9am -8pm so the day is shot to Hell!

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Let's see what some others say about meeting dates. I think it would be good to have one on a Saturday one month and a Monday the next month.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    So far what I am seeing in the poll is an equal number of folks for both monday and tuesday. which lends creedence to Jada's suggestion and what we had mentioned once before.. that is to have a monday meeting one month and then saturday the next. It would guarantee that those interested would be able to make a meeting at least every other month if not every month. I can manage both days.. but for some it is one or the other.. no way around it. When we are looking at some very committed people, which several of us are.. I see the best way is to make both saturday and monday meetings, I know a lot of us have said just pick a day and stick with it and if you really want to be a part of it you will find a way.. however... we can't expect people to put the love and enjoyment of Star Wars (no matter how great).. in front of supporting their family, and it seems forcing everyone to go with either monday or saturday is doing just this..It is no more fair to make some people miss meetings because they work on mondays than it is to make people miss meetings that work on saturdays.. and the people we have had committed to the meetings and activities are in fact divided on the day they can attend. Because of this I feel that going with a monday meeting one month and a saturday meeting the next month is the best way for THIS fan force to advance for the time being. Whose to say what will happen in the future.. we also have this website where we post our meeting minutes for those that are unable to be at meetings, so everyone will be able to keep up with our activities.. and we are constantly making extra plans as the days roll by for any and all types of other spur of the moment activities. I think we are all enthusiastic and looking forward to the release of the DVD in November and of course the prospect of dressing up for Halloween is exciting as well. I just want us to all be able to participate and not let anyone get left out in the cold because real life has to be lived and adhered to first and foremost.

8. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well said, Cathie. Since you guys are just regrouping and rebuilding your member numbers, it should be easier to make the meeting schedule more flexible. Once you grow a bit bigger, you may find it easier to have fixed dates, but what I think you are doing is the best thing for now.

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    /\what they said ;)

And next month the Secretary of the group will be there to take notes :p

10. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, if it is not too late, can we try for Labor Day? It is the 5th of September, a Monday, and a holiday. Just an idea.

11. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I'll call Bookman's and see if anything is going on there that day.

12. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I'm not as active a member but I voted for Saturday.

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, I've put in a request for Monday, September 5th from noon to 2pm.

Other times were already booked.

I'll let you know what I hear.

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Confirmed. Now if cathie isn't comfortable with this we can always cancel.

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. so we go for the monday meeting this time out.. and then in october it will be a saturday meeting.. I have no problems with this, and I am glad you got it booked for us.. a note to all the saturday choosers.. we will be having equal saturday meetings.. our august meeting was a saturday, our sept. will be monday and then back to saturday in october, this way everyone has a chance to attend.

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I'm down, I probably will have some issues with transportation so any help would be appreciated. I live off Irvington Rd, you can get to my neighborhood by taking Houghton to Irvington or Harrison to Irvington. Anyways thought that might be important.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    there are a few of us more than willing to provide rides. I will give you a call when close to time for meeting to see if you are planning on needing a ride.

18. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    I can give rides from the Northwest area.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I can cover whatever area as long as I have enough advance notice and gas doesn't escalate too much more... eck

20. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I can give rides too with enough advance notice.

21. GoG

GoG Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Hello Hello. Its been quite a long while since I have posted, mainly because, Im BUSY.

BUT, I am going to try to make the september m33t|ng.

Um, ok. Cool. So like, lets do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.