main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What deleted scenes do you wish were included in the OT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth Zannah, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi I just reviewed some deleted scenes from the OT and I really wish the scene with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine were in ANH. What scenes do you wish that were deleted had made he final cut? Also can someone tell me where I can find the scene where The Rebel pilot talks about Lule's father in the hangar prior to the battle of yavin with Biggs? I know I have seen that scene before but don't remember where...it's also another scene I wish made he final cut...

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The scene with the talk before the Battle of Yavin is in one of the previous versions of ANH. No idea which, ones with all of the changes that have occurred.

3. maerj2000

maerj2000 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2014
    Luke building his lightsaber in Return of the Jedi.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

Most of that scene first made its way back into the film for the 1997 SE and has been in every version since then, but the line about Luke's father was snipped out. The removed section was included with the other deleted scenes in the 2011 Blu-Ray set.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Biggs and and anything with Sir.

6. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014

Thanks. I was looking for that

7. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I would love to see a restoration of the Echo Base Wampa attacks using mo-cap Wampas. Those deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray were hilariously awful but the concept was awesome, and a CGI remake could do them very well.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I would like to see that scene with Luke using the canon in ESB. I am not sure if that is a deleted scene or just a photo though? Also any scenes with ghost Obi Wan talking with Luke.

whostheBossk and -Jedi Joe- like this.
  9. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Yoda, Luke and the metal bar.

Sarge likes this.
  10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Female pilots in ROTJ.

Also maybe that deleted scene where Luke is finishing his lightsaber.

Among the Clouds likes this.
  11. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Can you link us a photo...I like the sandstorm in ROTJ too

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Definitely the Biggs scene on Tatooine and Luke building his saber in RoTJ.

Lobot_the_Jedi likes this.
  13. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009

[​IMG]

It's purely a publicity photo, no connection to any actual scenes. Luke was never inside Echo Base while it was being directly attacked, anyway, and actually manned his X-wing to evacuate outside.

whostheBossk, Darth Zannah and mes520 like this.
  14. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Cool!

I also heard online that there was an extended scene of the Obi vs Vader scene in ANH on some Siskel and Ebert film software or something like that...has anyone seen this?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The one with Koo Stark!

But seriously, probably none of them. Interesting to have a look at, but I don't think required for improvement.

16. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    It was called Roger Eberts Microsoft Cinemania...which also had a scene on the Death Star involving Han, Luke, and leia being shot at by stormtroopers on grappling hooks! I really want yo see this!

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Kinda off-topic, but sorta not...

In the novelization of SW, Luke, Biggs, and Wedge made two trench runs. Luke used his targeting computer on the first run and missed the exhaust port, then the three of them split up to avoid Vader and his wingmen who had just caught up. Luke zigzagged and slalomed at low level over the surface of the Death Star to shake Vader off his tail, then rendezvoused with Biggs and Wedge for a second try at the trench, which played out like we saw in the movie.

I read the book before the movie came out, so I was disappointed that I didn't get to see that scene. I doubt it was filmed, but I'd still like to see it.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I respectfully disagree that the deleted Anchorhead scene with Luke, Biggs, Camie, Fixer, etc. should have been kept in the film. If you watch ANH carefully, IMHO this inclusion would have ruined the "flow" of the film. As it stands, when watching ANH now the Tattoine scenes sometimes "drag" (especially the scenes when Artoo & Threepio are walking through the desert), so I'm glad Lucas kept this out - IMHO, it was deleted for a good reason..

Plus, from a timing standpoint the scene is a head-scratcher as well. I.e., Biggs meets Luke on Anchorhead & tells him he's going to join the Rebellion. Then, a week?! later (depending on how time is measured in the SW universe), Luke ends up on the Moon of Yavin & meets Biggs there, who has seemingly already established himself in the Rebellion? Sure, this isn't impossible & I guess it's "canon" that Luke did meet Biggs at the beginning of ANH, off-screen (since the scene was filmed). However, IMHO this is another reason it's good the scene was left out - i.e., IMHO it would have been confusing for the viewer(s)...

Just my .02...

Re: the OP, I would have liked to have seen more of the cantina in ANH, the scene with Lobot being captured by the Stormtroopers in ESB, and the female Rebel pilots & the Mon Calamari (I think) Rebel pilot in ROTJ - these deleted scenes were all on the 2011 Blu-ray set...

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd always heard this was connected to the scrapped "wampas attack Echo Base" subplot, actually.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009

No - Luke was unconscious while that was going on. Like a few others, it's just a publicity photo many have tried to connect to events that weren't seen in the films, but it doesn't reflect anything that occurred in any incarnation of the story - not the script drafts, not the novel, not the comic. It's simply one of the lead actors posing with a prop on set - any prop, any set.

Some other examples of just such random pics which hint at events and contexts which never occurred:

[​IMG]

Luke's in a Jedi uniform in SW/ANH! No - it's just the same outfit he wore in the Throne Room scene, minus the yellow jacket.

[​IMG]

OK, there was a near kiss in a deleted scene from ESB, interrupted by the droids, but this wasn't it - that occurred in the medical bay, before Han and Chewie came in. Just a publicity photo, never occurred in the story.

[​IMG]

Try to twist what's going on in this photo into a believable plotline. Rebel commandos storm Death Star II and Vader sits upon the Iron Throne the Emperor's throne... why? How...?

Apart from the relative simplicity with which publicity photographers have to approach their work when composing shots, given the brief time to cover what's going on, they'll also try to have a bit of fun now and then. Highly detailed speculation from die-hard fans upon such photographs doesn't really enter into proceedings, and the actual film producers can always put the kibosh on anything too out there (hence why that Luke/Leia embrace made it - the genuine love triangle still existed while ESB was being made).

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    And now you know, cause...

[​IMG]

Darth Zannah likes this.
  22. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The only thing the films could benefit from at this point is a few shots of the female pilots at the Battle of Endor.

If anything, I'd shorten the old Greedo scene a little bit, so that the inserted Jabba scene (which I mostly like) isn't so redundant. I know this is probably one of the most sacrilegious things I could ever say, though.

skygawker and Andy Wylde like this.
  23. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Funny I just saw the blu ray version of the greedo and Han scene again and it seems almost to me like Han did shoot first and the shot Greedo licked off was almost like just a reaction from being killed

24. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    ROTJ bunker shootout and Jerjerrod being instructed to fire on Endor. There's probably a bunch more great deleted scenes out there, but these would significantly improve the battle we see in the film. Jerjerrod had a lot going for him, but ended up being under-utilized. Shame, because there would have been a lot more at stake.

Sarge and Andy Wylde like this.
  25. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014

Yes, I like this scene a lot...it shows that the people who worked for the emperor had some humanity and weren't evil for the sake of evil..