main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did Carrie think of the gold bikini?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Does anyone know what Carrie Fisher said when she found out about the gold bikini scenes in ROTJ? Was she happy about it, or pissed?

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I always wondered that myself. I'd be interested in any answers given.

3. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    From Insider #68:

With more than a hint of archness in her voice, what [Fisher] remembers most from the experience of shooting the scenes in Jabba's palace is not so much being chained to a 500-pound slug but enduring take after take in the bikini from hell. "It was like steel, not steel but hard plastic, and if you stood behind me you could see straight to Florida. You'll have to ask Boba Fett about that." The slave outfit was definitely an extreme couture departure for Fisher, who spent most of her screen time in the first film in a white turtle-necked dress meant to emphasize her character's purity. Pure "only by the color of the costume," notes Fisher. "All I have to say is that [Natalie Portman] walks through the doorway and has a wardrobe change. I get one, sorry, two dresses, and the first one [looks] the same all the way around."

EDIT:Ha HA beat ya :p

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    From Insider #68:

With more than a hint of archness in her voice, what [Fisher] remembers most from the experience of shooting the scenes in Jabba's palace is not so much being chained to a 500-pound slug but enduring take after take in the bikini from hell. "It was like steel, not steel but hard plastic, and if you stood behind me you could see straight to Florida. You'll have to ask Boba Fett about that." The slave outfit was definitely an extreme couture departure for Fisher, who spent most of her screen time in the first film in a white turtle-necked dress meant to emphasize her character's purity. Pure "only by the color of the costume," notes Fisher. "All I have to say is that [Natalie Portman] walks through the doorway and has a wardrobe change. I get one, sorry, two dresses, and the first one [looks] the same all the way around."

;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

5. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    In one interview I read, Carrie described the bikini as "painful". I for one am eternally grateful that she decided to tough it out rather than complain to George about getting another costume.

Way to go, Carrie!!!!

6. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Whenever I see that bikini, I cannot help but wonder how uncomfortable (and kinda cold!) that thing must have been. :p

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    JMT: Awww, but you'd look good it in. [face_love]

Or, wait, you're better as a DLLNNPM... [face_mischief] ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

8. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I'll be eteranally greatful to Carrie for that bikini scene. [face_love]

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10