main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver What did everybody do tonight?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by omar_r786, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I'm thinking of starting these sort of threads every Friday to see what everyone is up to. Maybe it will help bring this forum back to life as well.

Well, its 11:35 PM right now. I worked till 10, and am now just waiting until my girlfriend gets off work which is at midnight. I'm gonna go pick her up and we're coming back to my place... ;)

Other than that, just went to school today.. nothing interesting really happened. Halloween is coming up.. can't wait.

So whats everyone else up to?! POST GUYS, POST!!!!!!!

2. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, the time is now 12:04, and I've just finished something awesome...the newest featurette on StarWars.com.

I have a Hyperspace account, as many of you know, and thusly get the EP3 webdocs about a month early. The one I just finished watching was entitled "Becoming Obi-Wan". It was excellent!

It chronicled the journey of Ewan McGreggor becoming the character of Obi-Wan, as played by the late Sir Alec Guiness. To see the amount of work that he's put into this character and how much respect everyone that has come in contact with him during the process has for him is truly inspiring.

As an "up and coming director" I can only dream of getting to work with such a skilled actor as Ewan.

As well, in respect to these webdocs as a whole, you really get the sense that this is the end. I wasn't around for Return of the Jedi, and I know for a fact that there wasn't this much insight into the creation of the film, at the time, but I wonder if this is what it felt like for the fans when that was nearing it's release. This could quite possibly be the LAST Star Wars film...at leats for a long while. That's alot to think about.

And on that note, I should end this, cuz it's not so much what I did tonight as it is an editorial on this most recent webdoc...

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    What did I do last night?

Well, I spent the entire night trying to stay awake so that I could tape a TV show that was on at 4:30. (And before you say that I could have just programmed for it, let me remind you that TV broadcasts are rarely on when they're supposed to be past 1am.)

Unfortunately, it wasn't on then, so I had to struggle to stay awake for the next two hours to make sure I got it at 7:00. And I came too close to actually missing it.

I've just woken up after having gone back to sleep from all that. And I really hope I don't have to do that ever again.

4. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Last night I was home, then went out for a bit, then came back home, read a little, and went to sleep until morning. If you want more detail than that, you'll have to wait for the movie of my life to be released. Although, I have a feeling that yesterday may end up being a deleted scene.

5. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    what show, TIE?

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    what show, TIE?

Transformers: Energon

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Er.... I went to a dance. A church dance at St. Stevens with some friends. I wasn't really into going but my little sista Emily forced me. It started off kinda boring but then all the slutty church girls showed up. That was amusing. This one really skanky girl in a red sparkly dress that left absolutely nothing to the imagination kept hitting on a friend of mine. She kept trying to get him to dance and would ignore her. Then she would try to get him to slow dance with her and started blantantly telling her "No, I won't dance with you." It's nice to see some of the "babe girls" put in their place. I know, I know kinda mean. But I really enjoyed watching her get rejected and it's not like she didn't dance with several guys over the night.

That was it.

8. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    "... slutty church girls..."

[face_laugh]

Sorry, that phrase just struck me as so hilarious.

9. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Well, I spent the entire night trying to stay awake so that I could tape a TV show that was on at 4:30.

You're crazy, my love. :*

(Yes, I meant that as a compliment.)

10. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    You're crazy, my love.

And don't you forget it. :p

11. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    bumping this up for Nov. 5, 2004.

i know some people here went to watch The Incredibles. i worked till 11. :(

12. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Omar, you are one hard workin' dude. Anyway, ya, I saw The Incredibles on Friday night; very cool movie.

13. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    **edit - bumped for Nov. 12, 2004**

i just saw that thread which TIE started, hopefully everything works out here. i like posting here and i would gladly participate in any activities you guys wanna organize.

well for tonight, i went into work, talked to my manager, and told her i quit. i had enough of that place so i decided to just take a break for now. spent some time with my girlfriend... some of my other buddies wanted to go out drinking but i didn't feel like it tonight. :/ just spent time with my girlfriend and relaxed.

what did everyone else do?

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    i just saw that thread which TIE started, hopefully everything works out here. i like posting here and i would gladly participate in any activities you guys wanna organize.

I just want to say that what happened in that thread was not my intent. I want to try to get things working around here, not screw it up more. Hell, if I wanted to screw it up more, I wouldn't bother at all.

And I'm very happy that you want to be involved. Makes it all worth it.

Anyways, I just hung around inside today. Did some posting. Watched some TV. Thought of some potential activities.

15. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Actually I'm just about to head out. Ya, I know it's late (and wet), but I've been inside pretty much all day and I get a little stir crazy after a while. And I may have a drink... or two.

16. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    **EDIT - could a mod please change the title of the thread and take out the Oct. 29, 2004? Thanks. **

Sorry for bumping this up so late. I've been kinda busy lately with school. Anyways, even though it was almost a week ago, what did everyone do last Friday? I know some of the people met at Lougheed for that meeting. How'd that go?

I really didn't do much. My cousion had been in the hospital at that time so I was either there or spending time with my girlfriend and doing homework. Cousion is out of the hospital now, fortunately.

What are the plans for this Friday? I think I'm gonna go watch the Spongebob movie with the girlfriend ( [face_plain] ). If not that I think I'll just spend some time with her then get loaded later on in the night.

17. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    DON'T WATCH THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE, ITS HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!

18. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    DON'T WATCH THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE, ITS HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!

I still can't believe it's this week's #2 movie...

19. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Omar, you should be able to change the thread title yourself by editing your first post.

I was one of those who went to Lougheed last Friday, I have no idea what I'm doing this Friday.

20. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    I was also at Lougheed last weekend, and other than that I didn't do too much. So exciting.

As for tomorrow night? I don't know, but whatever I do end up doing, it better be fun.

21. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Well, tonight I went to see Madama Butterfly with a close friend of mine. It was a great show and I highly recommend it. Set/acting/singing/orchestra all superbly done!

Goal for tomorrow night: Finding some really wild party and then sleeping in 'till noon on Saturday.

22. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Hey, it's back!

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life. Anyways its 7 PM right now and I'm hanging out at my girlfriend's till around 9. We're gonna go catch Constantine at 10:40 at the Silvercity in Coquitlam. She wanted to watch Hitch ( [face_plain] ) but I talked her into avoiding it, thank God. Probably gonna throw back a few drinks afterwards and end up spending the night at her house.

Whats everyone else's plans for tonight?

23. NinjaFox

NinjaFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Tonite I am doing nothing, just chillin listen to the Fox.

The other night I went and saw Ong Bak with a friend. It was a pretty kick ass movie.

24. artoo-am-not

artoo-am-not Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    I went to see the Vancouver Giants hockey game tonight, and the locals beat Kamloops 6-2 with Gilbert Brule netting 4 goals. That kid is going to be a good player in the pros one day. He's not a big guy, but he plays tough, he's fast, and he's got a big league shot.

25. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    Ong Bak was the coolest movie i've seen in a while, sure the lighting was horrible and the acting was sad, but the martial arts was SOOOO CRAZY!!!!!! the girl got so whiny near the end and that was just stupid but i liked it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.