what did everyone think of revenge of the sith?

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, NC' started by JediMasterLomor, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterLomor Jedi Knight

it's been awhile since i've been here. i just wanted to let everyone know that i'm back. anyway. episode 3 kicked serious booty. this was the best one so far. i definitely will go back and see it again. jkg you were definitely right, i feel dirty wearing the stormtrooper armor. but anyway, just wanted to get everyone's feedback.
  2. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    I liked it. I especially liked the Ewan's portrail (sp) of Obi-wan. He did a great job. In rewatching EP IV, you can see the resembalnce between Alec and Ewan (at least as far as the manarisms in the movies go)

ROTS is my number 3 favorite in the series

#1 Star Wars
    #2 Empire Strikes Back
    #3 Revenge of the Sith
    #4 Return of the Jedi
    #5 Attack of the Clones
    #6 The Phantom Menace

3. Master_SweetPea Jedi Master

star 4
    it sort of felt rushed, but I liked it
  4. beafet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was cool. Tied the series together nicely

[face_plain]
  5. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Worst editing. But its my favorite. Its not the best of all the movies, but its my favorite. I liken it to the Bond debat. Sean Connery is the best, but Brosnan is my fav.
  6. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I love it! Everytime I see it I love it more.

I could do without most of Padme's scenes though...
  7. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Love the book even more!!!!

anyone else reading it??????

BTW, I hate that stupid 1 minute rule. No other boards I go to have it!
  8. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    No other boards I go to have it!

Listen to Yoda, you do to much.

additional thoughts on the movie: not enough ewok.
  9. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    I read the book before the movie. It didn't ruin my movie experience one little bit. In fact, I think it heightened it.

Great read, of course I love Matt's other work, especially, Traitor from the NJO.

Be excellent to each other!

Kevin
  10. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the book actually helped the movie. It shed a lot of light on some things.
  11. benskywalker1 Jedi Knight

I agree with the sentiment that the book read helped with the movie. As sweetpea said the movie felt kinda rushed. For anyone reading the book you still get that feeling, but it at least explains a bit more than the movie did. I didn't like many of the Padme scenes either although she really did have a small part anyways in this 3rd movie. In the book her standing in the Republic is shown and even those close to her start to think they might not be able to trust her because of her ties with Palpatine and the Jedi as a whole.

All in all this movie is actually my second favorite....I order mine like this:

1. ESB
    2. RoTS
    3. ANH
    4. RoTJ
    5. AotC
    6. TPM
  12. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything, including the seemingly heavy handed acting makes sense. I've said it before, but I think that Lucas gave all the actors a copy of the book and told them to act as described in the book. Then Lucas forgot to film the scenes that set up each character's mindset and motivation. Bad director, bad
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Honestly, I loved the movie. And the more I watch it, the more heartbreaking it is when Anakin tells Obi-wan, "You will try" and attacks him. The other sad scenes to me, though still tough to watch, are easier to take after seeing it 7 times. Here is how it ranks for me...

1. ESB
    2. ROTS
    3. ANH
    4. ROTJ
    5. AOTC
    6. TPM
  14. THE_casual_fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved it... except for the part when Anikin goes to kill the little kids. Makes me cry everytime. Oh, and I also hated the part when Anikin does the choking thing to Padme before he fights Kenobi... That was kind of some bad acting on Natalie Portman's part.

I really don't know much about Star Wars, so this might be a stupid question... but is General Grievous in ROTS also Darth Maul? They have the same eyes. And in the previous episode Darth Maul falls down that shaft thing so his death isn't exactly confirmed. Or is it? Do you know jkg_vader? You're the book worm!
  15. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    No, he's not Maul. Maul *sniff* is dead!!!!! Such a short but gloriously bright career!

Anyway, Grevious was an alien warrior General, who was nearly killed in a shuttle crash (planned by the trade federation). Well, the trade federation offers to fix him up with a new nifty droid body, if he agrees to lead their droid armies and help kill the jedi. So, wanting live, he says yes. So they transfer his brain, eyes, and other essential organs in to a high tech droid jedi killing body, oh and mess with his head and turn him into a psychotic killer (he didn't always used to be that way, but he doesn't know that better). So then Dooku trained him in the jedi arts, and he in turn trained his Manga droids (his body gaurds), which is why they can all fight jedi for at least a couple seconds before they get turned into scrap.
  16. THE_casual_fan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ahhh okay! Thanks! I knew you would know. That wasn't very clear in the movie.
  17. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    happy to exude my nerdiness onto you!
  18. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    I was watching some sceenage from Ep II, and I began to dig anakin's, "I killed them all..." I've begun to understand his rage and hatred a lot lately, so it seems more real to me now.

Is it bad that the only character I sympathize with is anakin?
  19. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure once Grandma leaves, you'll become a more centered Jedi. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.