main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did I miss?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SithGirl132, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I think I've been out of touch for far too long or just havent' been to the bookstore.
    Did Jacen become a Sith and did the Sith get reborn somewhere along the time after the end of the New Jedi Order?
    Please fill me in, spoilers are fine...

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    OK, spoilers:

Jacen is studying under Lumiya to become a Sith, he considers himself
    a Sith and that the Sith are his destiny. He is not yet a Sith Lord,
    but will get a Sith name in Sacrifice and thus will become one. So,
    whether one considers Lumiya a full Sith or not, the Sith are either
    already reborn or will soon be.

And then there are the Legacy comic Sith, who supposedly already at
    the time Lumiya is teaching Jacen, are hiding on Korriban. Lumiya
    and Jacen seem instead connected to Ziost, another world of the old
    Sith Empire.

3. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    SPOILERS - avert thine eyes easily offended ones!

The Sith are, indeed, returning. It's not the same Order that was initiated by Bane and carried on by Palpatine and Vader, but it's Sith all the same. This is all being instigated by Lumiya, an old apprentice of Vader's (and classic Marvel Star Wars comics character) though she claims to not be a true Sith lord because she didn't complete her training or whatever. Anyway, yes, she is trying to lure Jacen to the Dark Side and, yes, he's going. As of the latest book (Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines) Jacen had determined himself to become a Sith lord, but he hasn't "officially" become one yet.

4. Jason-Solo

Jason-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2006
    Just thought I'd say that since you don't mind spoilers in this thread it might be a good idea to put "Spoilers Allowed" in the thread title.
    Spoilers abound from here on.

****BETRAYAL SPOLIERS****

Jacen's not a full fledged Sith yet,but he has definatly started down the path to the dark side through his murdering of fellow Jedi Knight Nelani Dinn in Betrayal and his tedancy to take the quickest,most efficent course to solve a problem depsite of who gets hurt ( as long as it's not his daughter or,maybe,his wife )
    Jacen is determined to stop Corellia and any of it's supporters from breaking out of the GA and causing another gallactic civil war,so that his daughter and everyday citizens can have a safe galaxy to live in. He considers all the things he does to satisfy his need to have everything in control to be self-less action on his part and believes all jedi restraint to be useless to himself as long as he's acting out of selfless desire for galactic peace.

****BLOODLINES SPOILERS****

In Bloodlines Jacen has fully commited hisself to studying the Sith arts and going is going even further to achieve stability. He has the GA legalize a Gallactic Alliance Guard to create a better security on Coruscant after several terrorist bombing on the planet and he sets himself up as the head of the GAG.
    He raids several Corellian communities on Coruscant,along with his unoffical apprenitce Ben Skywalker,looking for terrorist suspects and for Corellians to pack up and ship back home.
    Durring one raid,the GAG arrests Ailyn Vel,Boba Fetts daughter,and Jacen begins interogating her becuase he believes she is after the Cheif of State or other important GA figures. He uses the force to abbuse Vel and eventually enter her mind looking for info. He kills her in his efforts to get the info and claims that he didn't think she'd have died so easily,which was probably true,but he felt no remorse,only suprise that he'd pushed so hard.
    Later on,after Jacen has been instantly prompoted to a colonel,the GA has a blockade in place around Corellia. Jacen is in command of several fighter units,with Jaina and Zekk as his wingmates.
    Durring a patrol an armed civilian ship tries to break the blockade. jaina diables some of it's weapons and the ship turns around to flee. Jacen orders Jaina to finish it off,since it's still a threat. She refuses to do as ordered.he destoies the ship and has Jaina suspended from duty.
    Near the end of the book Jacen gets the twisted crazy idea that the only way to be selfless and bring peace to the galaxy is to sacrifice what he loves most. he comes to the knowledge that he must kill his wife and daughter and his heart "breaks" as he accpets this fact.

That's about as far as he's gone so far,but he's already pretty far gone.hope he comes to his senses before it's too late for him and his familly.

5. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Chewbacca died....and so did Anakin Solo :p

Big 3 still kicking

6. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Thank you so far... due to parental issues and financial worries I haven't made it to the bookstore lately.
    I have read up to the Unifying Force.
    what exactly happens in Dark Nest?
    where did Jacen get a daughter and wife from?
    Thanx in advance for your help.

7. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    He's not married, but Jacen has a daughter named Allana with Tenel Ka.

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Jacen slept with Tenel Ka during the Dark Nest Trilogy so she would use the Hapan military to guard the Killiks. Their night of doing the Horizontal Monster Mash resulted in a daughter.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Augh. Tenel Ka was already going to give him the fleet before the topic of the no-pants dance ever came up. He didn't do it for the fleet.

10. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I still think the fact that TK got pregnant after one night of sex to be pretty fortuitous. I bet it eventually gets explained as "Force Fertility" or somesuch.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Are you serious Legs? It only takes one time! Ask any girl who has had an unwanted pregnancy after a one night stand. That's not the issue here however, I'm just dumbfounded by your statement.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Uh-oh. Hope that Dalek shield is still good, Legs. ;)

13. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Or you could ask the married woman who's taking her vaginal temperature and carefully charting her ovulation cycle because she and her husband have been trying to get pregnant without success.

It can happen on a one-night stand, but it's fairly rare. It usually doesn't happen, certainly not with enough likelihood that you should expect to succeed if your goal was to take advantage of your one night with the grandson of the Chosen One to produce an heir.

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Not only did she let herself get pregnant, she delayed it a few months as well. So when Jacen came back a year later, Allana was still fresh out of the womb, I think. He was pretty surprised about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.