main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did really happened to Shmi Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chido_One_Bonjovi, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateJustin

UltimateJustin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    That is pretty closed minded of Anakin to kill a bunch of sand people just because he doesnt agree with/understand their culture and rituals. He is unAmerican.

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Lol

If he doesnt like it then he can get out!

3. Lama_Sutra

Lama_Sutra Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    "I started a thread about this before and the consensus is that she was physically violated in a number of different ways. "

Violated in how many different ways? One, two or three ways? [face_thinking]

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Both Shmi and Padme seem to die by The Forces hand. I'm not sure about it though.

They both seem to hand on to perform some function. For Shmi it's so Anakin to watch her die (Darkside of The Force) and Padme to give birth to her children.

5. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    The AOTC novel discusses the motivations for capturing Shmi. Apparently it is a rite of passage to capture someone and slowly torture them to death.

6. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    What Quix said.

Here is the exact text from the DVD text commentary when using the dvd.starwars.com feature (on the dvd itself) accompanying text popup during the film.

"Tusken Raiders have a horrible ritual called "bloodrites," a frightful tradition of stalking, capturing and torturing prey over a span of weeks to earn passage into adulthood."

7. Hutsarehotties

Hutsarehotties Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    The sand people should of become Jedi and fought against Anakin/Darth Vader.

there jedi names would be

Jedi Sandypnats
    Jedi Cantseeathing

8. Ascaaear

Ascaaear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Latly I thought about that Palp. might have something to do with the capture of Shmi. He knows the story of Anakin, and know that Anakin would maybe or defently sense Shmi if she was in pain, and this could be a action that provoked the anger in Anakin and led him on the path to the Dark side.

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Don't quit your day job, Hutsarehotties.

10. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Yes it's possible she was raped also I think Palpatine/Sidous set it all up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.