main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did the Sith do for 1000 years?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Hypernova, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    (Got told off for posting this in the wrong forum - sorry Mods)

O.K.

After the events of Ruusan, Darth Bane remodelled the Sith Order so that only 2 could exist at anyone time.
    A Master and an Apprentice, no more, no less.

What did these Sith Lords do in the 1000 years between Ruusan and the Prequeal Trilogy?
    Did they lay low on some backwater world and practice their lightsaber strikes and force chokes on sheep?
    Sidious's plan to take over the Republic from within was sheer brilliance but surely it didnt take 1000 years to concoct?

So WHAT did these mystiqual Dark Lords do in hiding for all those years?

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Probably what Sidious did. Slowly worked there way into the Republic, into power and had Dark Jedi do the dirty work. They probably tried many times to over throw the Republic from within but failed each time until Sidious came along. Probably also studied the Darkside alot.

3. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    When Darth Mauls presence is unvieled in TPM, The Jedi think that the Sith have been extinct for a Millenia.
    So that would imply that the Sith lived entirely in the Shadows for all those years.
    Not even a peep out of them.

4. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003

That's the beauty of the Sith using Dark Jedi. A Dark Jedi is simply a Jedi that has started studying the Dark Side; the Sith have their own teachings that a Dark Jedi could not hope to duplicate without Sith instruction. My guess would be that the Sith promised to reward these Dark Jedi with Sith teachings if they did their bidding. Of course, the Sith aren't known for keeping promises.

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I would agree with Mitth and Robal. I am sure that the Sith did not stay hidden in a hole the entire time, they most likely had adventures of their own to gather power and knowledge, made more than a few attempts to infiltrate certain levels of the Republic, and helped other Dark Jedi types to sow unrest throughout the Galaxy. Just because the Jedi did not notice them it does not mean they were not around, they were just under the Jedi's radar so to speak.

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree here, but would like to add a reference to the ROTS novel. It mentions that the Sith have changed, while the Jedi didnt. Therefore...the Sith would have been studying the Jedi, learning their strengths and weaknesses, while changing to surpass the Jedi, and also surpass the previous generations of Sith.

7. evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    I would say that by bane's established a set of rules that were dominated by the pretense that there could only be two Sith active in the galaxy at any time: a Master and an apprentice. Future Sith Lords were taught the virtues of patience, planning, and secrecy, and each was to take on the title of Darth. Basically they just relied on secrecy waiting for the appropriate time to rise again.

8. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Or they could have spent the first few decades in chaos, the way the Jedi did after the fall of the Republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.