main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx what did YOU give/get for the holidays!?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Dec 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hope everyone had a fun holiday (whatever you celebrate)!!!

did anyone get a really cool gift?
    anyone give a gift that really blew someone away?

me, the coolest gift i got was a talking yoda doll! he's kinda like a magic 8-ball, but it's yoda! :p

i also gave my grandma this really cool fabrogé egg, all victorian, with mother-of-pearl. it was cool!

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i got the interactive R2 (it is so great) and i am giving my greatgrandmother this really neat angel music box. it is ivory colored with a golden sash and halo. i fogot what song it plays though.

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    We got a really cool telescope!!! WOOHOO!!! Stargazing party, anyone? ;) I'm SO excited to set this up when we get home!!

We also gave our parents (both Rob's and mine) new family pictures. :) It's the first portrait we've had with all 3 of us, and it's probably been 5 years since my last professional pic was taken anyway - it was time. They loved 'em.

4. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Ooooooo. Bring the Telescope to the camping trip up in Alamosa. There is no place better for star watching. There is an observatory just north of us by about 7 or 8 miles. Apparently it's primary function is UFO's. They do Centerpivot Sprinkler irrigation up there and it is primarily a farming community. So looking at the area from the sky it looks like crop circles and designs which is why they believe there is such heavy UFO traffic... Either that or there's just a high concentration of chemicals in the drinking water :D ;)

5. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I got ambushed.

I got an eye opener to the calibre of friends that I have here. I got people who moved me to tears with what they did for me. I got confirmation of a new family waiting for me in Ohio and a dear family of friends in Arizona all in one day.

This christmas will go down as one of the most memorable events in my life.

(I also got a 1st season box set of Babylon 5 DVD's if anybody wants a viewing party)

6. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I got my computer upgrade parts. I'm now sporting an AMD Athlon XP2000+ with 512MB of DDR RAM, a 100GB hard drive, and a 19" Trinitron monitor(thanks bunny!). Not to mention a really cool case with lots of neat lights and stuff. You know I'm a sucker for gizmos and gadgets...

My sister and I got my dad a 17" computer monitor, since the poor old guy's eyesight is failing. ;) We also got my mom a new VCR, since the old one ate a tape and won't give it back.

7. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    I got an 18qt crockpot (it's still in the mail somewhere) it has a buffet server that has 3 different trays. I also got a ladybug pendant watch :D

Choad got a Collectors LOTR with the Arganoth bookends. and a beard/mustache trimmer.

I also have my Nephew (and his wife) back in Arizona (He's been my lifelong best friend, until Jeff, for the last 29 years)

I got to spend the day with my Dad and Nephew for the day Tuesday (It was just like old times) and we got a very special personal gift from Jeff's Aunt (wich I'll leave at that)

8. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    I got an iteractive R2 also. I got a new pair of converse. I also got a $250.00 gift certificate to Best Buy. Can you say X-Box anyone. hehe. And a bunch of other cool stuff.

9. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    I got a rock.

Actually, I got a Rubic's Homer Simpson, a Newton's cradle, and a few other stuff.

But my best gifts I got before christmas.
    Leather coat, a b!tc#in camaro, an xbox, and my new band!

Deicide & Kreleia,(and Mobius to tell Amanda if she dosent read the boards):
    What do you think of the band name:

Lookinglass

or possibly

The Lookingglass

10. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    I got lots of LEGO! Jango's Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter, Tusken Encounter, and a ton of old loose parts from a buddy of mine. I also got Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga, and Nero Burning Rom! :)

As for what I gave, well....You had to have seen the thread for that by now! ;)

11. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i don't think this was planned, since everyone gave me presents separately, but almost everything i got this year was from hot topic or torrid (their sister store). i'm not bleeping goth. ;p ;p ;p but at least it was mostly nightmare before christmas stuff. :D

i got the only thing i *really* wanted (well besides a gamecube, the back to the future trilogy and the fotr extended edition), which is amelie on dvd. YAY!!! i've already watched it twice. i love that movie. :D i'm also "assured" by my mom that the next time she sees back to the future and fotr extended edition, she'll get them for me. she couldn't find either by the time she got to shopping. lol :D

12. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I've been very blessed to give something that you can't put a price on.

Helping out one of my good friends.

It has been very special to see all who have come out to help, and to see them all helping with a smile on their faces (at least mostly) and a song in their hearts... Now we just need to change the song that's playing, because I am certain that at some point I heard someone playing Iron Maiden, "Run To The Hills"... But that's a different story...

What have I received? I have received several material things, and don't get me wrong, I am profoundly grateful for them.

However, the best gift that I have received this year is seeing the true meaning of the season come through, through seeing my friends helping another friend. Giving without thought of self... That's very important to me, and quite refreshing.

Thank you, all of my friends, for truly showing the spirit of self-lessness... I am proud to know you all.

-Jeff

13. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I got the talking Yoda 8-ball thing too, Sideshow! It's very cool. :cool:

The best of the other stuff is the Back to the Future DVD's and $$ for new boots that I haven't gone to buy yet. :D

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I got more Moose'es!! [face_love] [face_love] I [face_love] Moose'es!

I also got $$$$ so that I can go buy some clothes and ditch the bag-lady look I've been sporting for way too long [face_blush] :D

And the company of some good friends for dinner. Had a wonderful and relaxing evening w/ some like minded friends (one a little too like minded - it's really freaking people out now ;) ).

15. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I got some Star Wars Toys and figures...very cool, all of the WOT books (YIPPEE) a digital recorder to dictate nursing notes on, some very cool Spongebob Squarepants slippers, a new cell phone (FINALLY), a great outfit to wear to the New Year's Eve party, and the best thing of all...

Seeing my little girl enjoy the magic of Christmas. We left out cookies for Santa and a note that she wrote herself and when she saw that plate empty and the note for her from Santa, I thought she was gonna explode. It was so wonderful to watch her enjoying her presents and running around hugging the givers. I couldn't have asked for more it was the perfect Christmas.

As or giving...we went crazy on our daughter and got her all sorts of things. It's the one time of the year we can spoil her and not feel guilty about it. She had so much fun it was totally worth it. We also gave my parents cell phones (they needed them desperately), a cool shirt for my brother, and some loud toys to our niece...hee hee!

It was a fabulous day.

And to go along with what CommanderChoad was saying. I am so impressed at the wonderful gift you have given Void I count it as evidence of the marvelous people you are and that I am privelaged to know.

:D

16. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The phone rang out at 7am Christmas morning, when the answering machine picked up it was my mother and sissy on a conference call. They wanted me to open my gift over the phone with them.

My mother gave me a new sewing box, one of the wooden kind that open up similar to an old antique. Too bad I still haven't got the sewing thing down. From my sister, a new bracelet watch. Very pretty!

The ranch owners took me to dinner yesterday at the Hotel del Coronado...woo woo. Then we went and saw LOTR...oh yes! One Word! Shadowfax OH my God!!!
    That was an awesome horse! (or horses, there were about 4 of

17. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    hmmmm I got a cordless screwdriver.

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Mrs OW got a Real Estate Investment couse that the's been wanting. [face_love]

Today I'm getting the FOTR extended edition. [face_love] There's also word from Denver that an XBox is on it's way, or a gift certificate for one. [face_love] :D Woohoo!!! I also got the Spider man DVD for my birthday. Very kewl.

We'll be getting a 2 child running stroller with $$$ and gift certificates. Time to get in shape!!! :D

And most importantly, I had two straight days loving on my kids and my wife, with no real interruptions or hassles.

19. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I think that the last present you mentioned, was the best.

:D

20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    I have to go along with the other posts that this Christmas has been one of the best, if not the best one I've experienced. I've had the wonderful opportunity to spend Christmas with people that I really cherish. I was able to spend it with two new little people that I just met, and there's absolutely nothing like being around children at Christmas time - it makes you remember all the feelings and emotions you had when you were that age. :)

My best gift I received - My mother made a video out of the 8mm reels of home movies we had taken back in the early 80's and gave everyone in my family a copy.

And the best gift I gave (in my opinion) - on Christmas eve day, I walked into the Target I always go into, went over to the Star Wars toys, and to my complete amazement, there was that Clonetrooper action figurine that someone had been wanting so badly. I snatched that puppy up and ran to the checkout counter! :D

21. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    That was from you? I mean I thought my mom got that for me?

;)

I got the Clonetrooper action figure too! YIPPE! And the Solar Sailer, the Final Duel of Obi-Wan and Vader, and a Destroyer Droid.

I'm loving them. [face_love]

22. Phoenyx

Phoenyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    what did Phoenyx recieve for christmas? the LOTR: FOTR DVD set. some books. a fiber optic bonsai tree. But my favorite gift has to be my fishing pole and the tackle box and tackle my brother got for me. I got him the small base reloading dies for his semi-auto 30.06. They are on order. He was quite happy with the bottle of Crown Royal under the tree too. On another note, I also recieved 15 hours of overtime on the clock.

23. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Hoceky stuff. More specificaly Kings hockey stuff.

24. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    FoTR extended version and 2 family get togethers in one day. It was probably the best Christmas in recent memory :)

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    There's a whole lotta LOTR going on around here. I guess that's because we all got the Eppy 2 DVD the day it came out, eh? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.