main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did you like about AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Hogne, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I love the Spertist meeting in Attack of the Clones and how Nute Gunray was talking about killing Padme. I thought that the scene was intense when he was Angry.

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I dont like threads like this. too broad

3. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I liked the film as a whole but the story was all over the place it couldve been better and this one is more action-orientated then ep1 which was good but i was dissapointed with some parts due to me because i bought the book 2weeks before the film and i was expecting to see things that were in the book in the film but there was nothing from the book in the film so i had high expectations of the film because the book was so much better than the film which i found odd but ep2 did good but could've been better in some places.

4. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    There was several things I liked about the movie.

I liked the foreshadowing in this movie, mostly Obi-Wan's line, "I feel like you will be the death of me."

I like the mini Death Star superlaser that the gunships fired at the droids in the arena when saving Mace and co.

I liked the Artoo/Threepio humor in the arena battle.

I liked the presence of the Red Royal Guards around the Emper--, errr, Supreme Chacellor.

I loved the duel. From Anakin's ill-advised headlong rush to Darth Tyrannus to the villian's escape.

I enjoyed the Death Star. Seemed making the defeat of the Genosians even more important. Also, knowing that the battle station will one day be built, it almost made me think that the heroes would lose (although, I guess they did).

I loved the military review at the end of the movie.

My favorite part, however, was Master Yoda's last line of the movie. He looked so crushed and defeated, I think he knows that the Republic will die (as will his friends).

5. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    I guess in the end I just loved learning more about the history and events of the Star Wars universe. :)

6. darth_johnman

darth_johnman Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2005
    My favorite things about AOTC:

-the clone war sequence at the end. For that matter, the last 40 minutes was non-stop brilliance;
    -the asteroid chase;
    -the evolving storyline, by the end we saw where this whole prequel trilogy was going;
    -foreshadowing of things to come, in many ways - Jango, the troopers, Anakin's dark side showing, Star destroyer-like cruisers, and the hint of the Death Star;
    -Anakin losing it on the Tuskens, and his subsequent confession to Padme;
    -The Coruscant chase;
    -Ewan McGregor coming into his own as Obi-Wan;
    -Casting Peter Cushing's old cinematic partner, the great Christopher Lee as Dooku;
    -Nute Gunray raving about killing Padme in the Geonosis Arena was a hoot.

And a few things I wasn't so impressed with:
    -Some lame dialogue, "that creep is gonna end up deep-fried", etc.
    -Hayden did a good job of showcasing Anakin's dark side, but was a little awkward in some of the lighter moments;
    -The whole Threepio's head on a droid body thing was somewhat humorous the first time but, on closer examination, utterly ludicrous and implausible.

7. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    To put in a nutshell, what I really like about AOTC is that it is character driven.

From the surface, if one just looks superficially, you'll miss all the little nuances/subject matter/ominous feel of the episode.

Im very sure after ROTS, more people will get the grasp of how well AOTC has been crafted. Without AOTC there would be huge void in the storyline/characterizations for what comes in the future, including the "years of the son".

8. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks for contributing to this thread.

The reason I asked what people liked about AOTC was that after seeing it again I couldn't think of a single thing I liked about it. I just find it to be a really bad movie, but the real reason I find this frustrating is that I want to like it. It's Star Wars, so I'm desperately looking for stuff in it that I can point to and say, "I liked that part."

Thanks to some of you there are certain moments I can appreciate more now. It was also reassuring to see that other Star Wars fans had the same impression of as me of this movie. On a daily basis I'm surrounded by people who doesn't like Star Wars at all.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    What I liked most:

1. Anakin confessing to Padme he slaughtered the Tuskens. The best scene of the prequels thus far.

2. Williams'love theme - classic Star Wars, and very beautiful and sad at the same time.

3. Yoda's fight - it's a love or hate thing, I think it was necessary.

4. Imperial March at the end of the film while Palpatine overlooks the empire he is building.

What I liked least:

1. Natalie Portman - every line she delivers is devoid of emotion.

2. Dooku showdown - much too abbreviated.

3. Fanboy gimmicks - asteroid chase, little Boba, forced C-3PO humor.

10. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    ughhh EVERYTHING!

11. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003
    The implicit quality, the mystery and how this serves the greater good, the complete saga.

AOTC really serves the whole, the other episodes and by doing so she almost killes herself. Thats why so many people don't like her so much I guess.

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Everything.

13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I liked the Kamino Stuff, the Tatooine Stuff, the Geonosis Stuff, and the Coruscant Speeder Chase, and the ending. Everything else is decent.

14. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    very little. the whole movie stunk except for the arena battle, lightsaber duels, tusken raider scenes, anda few other breif scenes such as when Dooku is speaking with Poggle the lesser and gets the plans for the star

15. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Highlights for me:
    1.Ewans performance in general, he makes such a good Obi-Wan
    2.The Tusken Village slaughter
    3.The fight between Obi-Wan and Jango, we finally get to see a Jedi do some hand to hand fighting
    4.The confessing of love scene between Padme and Anakin on Geonosis
    5.Count Dooku, Lee is still a good actor at 80 years old. :p

And since everyone keeps mentioning their least favorite moments I'll just be a sheep and follow.
    Least Favorite:
    Natalies performance in general could have been much better...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.