What did you like about what you hate?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I thought it'd be neat and actually positive for everyone to say what they liked about a certain piece of the EU that they hated. If you can't think of a single thing to your most hated story, think of something from your second most hated piece of fiction...

I'll start.

The New Rebellion.

I liked Smuggler's Run. Kueller's mask. The idea behind Cole Fardreamer, and the names that Kristine Rusch came up with for the characters and planets.

Ghengis - I'm looking forward to your Thrawn trilogy comments. :)

Val - Like me, you don't necessarily "hate" anything SW, but just choose your "least-favorite".

2. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm, a toughie.

There really isn't anything good about POT.
  3. Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Knight

star 1
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

The transport vehicle, yuzzums, luke trying to peep at Leia... thats it. otherwise it stank like the stuff in the back of my fridge, I think I hear breathing and I can't find my leftovers
  4. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Glove of Darth Vader: Mofferences and Moffships.. ;)
  5. Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Knight

star 1
    those books were completely cannon
  6. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Come on Rebecca. :) Anything...What about the strengthening of Leia's character? By the end of the story, she was ready to kick some ass. I thought that the training scenes with her and Callista were good.
  7. ForceAlly Jedi Knight

star 2
    Galaxy of Fears, that beat Glove of Vader by zombies and cannibal planet :eek:
  8. Galleon Jedi Knight

star 2
    There was nothing good in the Bounty Hunter Wars or the Black Fleet Crises,
    Leia was portrayed well in PoT, I liked certain parts of Crystal Star.
    There are a few things I like about NJO in general but very few, such as the polytheistic theology of the Vong, and some of the newer characters, Unfortunately there is a lot more things I hate then I like.
  9. 181st Fighter Wing Jedi Knight

star 2
    Vector Prime: They finally killed someone major.

Rogue Planet: Sienar and Tarkin.

The Crystal Star: It ended.
  10. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Crystal Star: The parts with the Solo kids were cute. But everything else sucked. Especially Waru.
  11. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Planet of Kadril...

There's a lot of pleasure derived from seeing Darth Vader portrayed as a one dimensional, moustache twisting bad guy. Kind of why he's so much fun in A New Hope! It's so laughably funny. He's like a Saterday Morning cartoon bad guy in this comic strip!

Crimson Empire I

...The new Sith backstory behind Carnor Jax has made me see this series in an entirely different light. I still don't like it, but that's the new positive element of it. There's something darker, and older behind all the events. Adds a new level to Crimson Empire II as well. The fact that the Sith almost made contact with Nom Anor and the Yuzzhan Vong is kinda scary! And the fact that no one knows about it, not even the half the Empire!
  12. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    BHW: say what you will, it had Boba Fett.
  13. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Planet of Twilight:

I liked the fact that Leia had a lightsaber. We rarely see her actually training to be a Jedi..and while the brief duels with Callista can't really be considered official training, it's still nice to see her embracing her past.

I also liked that Luke finally let go of the most horrible thing to happen to him since getting his hand cut off...Callista.

JMA
  14. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pot-the droches, despite the ridiculous pun, scared me more than any sith lords.

balance point-leia got chopped up
  15. Face Loran Jedi Master

star 4
    In the Black Fleet Crisis, I liked the way Kube-McDowell wrote about the workings of the fleet. One of the opening scenes, where the fleet is practicing, and they talk about the sound of the engine and stuff, that was cool. Everything else was pretty lousy.

Face Loran

Oh yeah, that scene with the Recon-X's was pretty cool, too.
  16. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I didn't "hate" Ruin, but I didn't like it that much compared to others.

Corran's duel with Shedao Shai - payback for Elegos.

Ganner's wake up call - getting a scar to snap him out of snooty attitude.

Pelleaon and the Remnant - Imperial's and former Rebel's fighting side by side. Great space battles.

:D
  17. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Courtship of Princess Leia: I liked how it came in an affordable paper back version. If I had actually spend more than six dollars on that "novel" I might've cried.

18. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hated the resurrected Emperor in DE and DE II.

What I loved, the chills it gave me when I read about Luke's evolvement, and the Jedi lore. It had such mystique, better than any book. It was dark. And the Tales of the Jedi that came out of it.
  19. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Let me continue with more...

The Holiday Special.

It gave us Boba Fett. In fact, one of the coolest portrayals I've ever seen of him. And I love the voice actor they used.

"The ship you seek is nearby."
  20. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
    The Crystal Star: It has one of the best cover arts.
  21. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Darksaber: Kyp is an almost likable character in this one. Callista leaves for (almost) good.
  22. ganner_rhysode Jedi Master

star 4
    As much as I hate the Bounty Hunter Wars I have to admit they have great cover art.
  23. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Visions of the Future= I liked the Wedge Corran team. They really had some great lines in that book.

Crystal Star= I liked the display of Anakin's power, and Han's old friend Xaverri.

24. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Crystal Star: Luke said "Dammit!" I thought it was awesome that a main character even said anything remotely close to a curse word. Then again I was probably around 12 or 13 when the book came out. ahhh, those were the days. Other than that, Crystal Star was EVIL!!!!

Jae Angel
  25. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    In COTJ, that song that the characters remember. It was pretty cool. And the Solo kids were cute (what little we saw of them).

Everything else- yech!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.