Colum, GA What did you like best about DC04

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by wookiechick66, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiechick66 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I liked the Bobba Fetts and the Young Adult Track. The kids hour on MOTF was fun, but not crafty. I always enjoy the parade and I always get a thrill from collecting autographs.

I didn't like the COLD that was going around. Several of the FCFN people had it, including me. Hurricane/TS Frances SUCKED. Let me tell you Monday Night in the Marriott was a REALLY WINDY "treat".

Let us hear from you.

2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Dragon*Con was a blast, as always!

I enjoyed meeting up with old out-of-town FF buddies and meeting new ones.

I enjoyed meeting some of the cast of Firefly and running into Ray Park in the Marriott fitness center.

I enjoyed costuming and watching other people in costume.

And I enjoyed getting in the Marriott jacuzzi every chance I got. ;)

3. RemyCat Jedi Knight

star 1
    DragonCon was a blast as usual. The Droid hunt put on by the 501st was a lot of fun. It was tricky getting from the Marriott over to the Hyatt without running into a trooper.

The high-light of the convention for me had to be getting the "MOTF Volunteer of the Year" and getting a kiss from both Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch. I was totally flabbergasted.

Now we just have to wait until next year...sigh.

Beth
  4. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hard to pick, I had a blast.

However, I do know what I wont do in the future. I will not stay in one of the rooms above the Main Lobby in the Hyatt again. I didn't realize how well sound travels.

I have to say meeting the FireFly and FarScape gang was awesome! And I loved the Boba Fetts. They were great!

I stocked up on my autographs. I also had fun with my nephew.

Can't wait for next year!
  5. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Well,

I'm a little biased <G>. but, I thought DC04 went off pretty good.

No matter how hard we try to get to Jill's craft area, we never make it. So, so sorry, Jilly. But, when Daniel, Ray, Peter & Rena came into the room, it became a room with a mission.....

This might have to be a late night thing for us grown ups :)

HW enjoyed the fitness center too, Mandy. We didn't get to swim, because, well, I'm sure why. Everytime we started to go we winded up somewhere else.

HW & I enjoyed the watching the costumes, taking pictures, and just walking around. Had a good time at his birthday party, even if he was 45 minutes late! Talk about kidnapping -

See you all in 05!

Cathy
  6. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I would definitely recommend a few minutes in the pool and jacuzzi every morning next year. It's relaxing, while being invigorating at the same time.

We became really spoiled. ;)
  7. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Who was Wookiechick66? I probably met you--I was the tag-along with Heath and Buffy.

I loved DC04. It was my first Con and I was blown away. MOTF and everything that went on there was my favorite. I especially loved the MS3000 and the Philosophy discussion and the raffle (as I scored several times! :D )

All the costumes everywhere and all the great pictures I got were great too.

I think the highlight, and what made it all worth it though, was Mary Franklin's presentation. I almost went again on Sunday!

But when I really think about it, meeting other fans and hanging out was the best thing.

Thank you, Cathy, for making MOTF great!

Hello to everyone I met and may or may not remember :p

Hello to Heath and Buffy if you are part of this forum

I just joined the forums and started attending Memphis Suspicious Mind Trick events.

--Jacob
  8. wookiechick66 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't dress up. I was hanging w/ Hero at the Parade. I didn't see hero and shopgirl much after the parade on Saturday.

HUMMM>... I am sure you will see me around. Come to the next meeting, which is a Halloween party. Check w/ Shopgirl for info.

I think Justin Hero is suppose to make an appearence that night.

On the JH board, I go by GOwardogs.
  9. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Wookiechick66--I live in Memphis, so I probably won't be making it to any Columbus FanForce meetings anytime soon.

I have seen that handle at the JH forums, but I haven't been there in forever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.