main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What did you notice in the home video version that you missed in the theatres?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Silent Android, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    I'm sure that nearly all of us have the home video version of TFA by now (or at least will be getting it soon). Now that you have the luxury of pausing the movie and watching it as many times as you want in the comfort of your own home, what are things that you noticed for the first time that you totally overlooked when watching it in the theatres?

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Snoke seems not to have eyebrows (hanging head in shame) . I was SO convinced... also: Finn screaming his head off when Kylo is torturing him with the cross guard of his sabre .. I guess that's the sound that Rey woke up to from her concussion.

3. DarthEndus

DarthEndus Jedi Knight

Jan 12, 2016
    Watching it with headphones let me focus on all of the subtle things that I didn't catch in the theater, especially in Rey's Force vision. I didn't realize that Yoda's voice was in it at all.

4. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I didn't notice that tiny out of focus Falcon in the background of one of the shots of Rey ascending the 'Jedi steps' until I watched it at home.

5. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    Watching it with subtitles on was very informative

6. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    The village in the opening sequence is on a plateau. You can see it in the wide shot as Ren's ship lands.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    told ya! although one shot it appears there are some wisps.

also, to the mods, shouldn't this be merged?

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  8. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    I noticed I could pause it and slobber over the stills.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  9. JediChipKelly

JediChipKelly Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    When Kylo Ren is fighting Rey and he says to her, "Let me teach you the ways of the Force!" and she gives him a look like something snapped in her that she was blocking all those years after being dropped off on Jakku.

IamZam likes this.
  10. DavidWONKenobi

DavidWONKenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2015
    Snoke is really jacked up - he looks like he took a serious beating somehow or was in a major explosion or something and survived.

Kylo Ren needs to leave his mask on - dude is so ugly... lmao

The flashback scene of Rey - her hair matches exactly as she wears it all grown up - still wondering who left her after Maz says her family is never coming back..

The map that R2 has - they blew this one - how can they not find Luke with the map R2 has - its missing a tiny piece that bb8 has ?? You'd think they could guess and still find him with that much info ??

11. Silent Android

Jan 1, 2016

I still can't make out what Yoda is saying. And in the theatre, I could hear Alec Guinness saying, "Rey!" but I couldn't hear Ewan McGregor's "These are your first steps." While watching the home video version, I finally heard it as more of a whisper.

Also, TR-8R's voice is the only stormtrooper voice that doesn't sound like it's coming out of a speaker. I wonder if that's a continuity error though.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's a map of the entire galaxy, isn't it? So that "tiny piece" would probably contain hundreds of thousands of systems - millions of planets.

13. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    You can see the Starkiller trench and oscillator (top right) as Black Squadron starts the attack run.
    [​IMG]

14. Silent Android

Jan 1, 2016

Well R2 was in sleep mode all that time. There was no way of waking him up. I mean they jiggled the mouse and hit the spacebar but nothing happened. At least you know that R2-D2 is EnergyStar compliant.

[​IMG]

15. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    If you listen really closely during Rey's vision, you can hear Obi-Wan saying "You will be tempted..."

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Did any one hear Palpatines voice in the Vision? I didn't.

17. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    thanks to rey ren now has a good reason to keep his face covered....

18. CorellianEngineering

CorellianEngineering Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2016
    I'm among those that didn't hear OB1's and Yoda's voice in Rey's vision, and I saw the movie twice in the theater.

Frankly, I didn't even hear it at home until it was pointed out in some other thread here [face_blush]

19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    The sounds of the stormtroopers' radios .. actually .. all of the sound. I hadn't noticed how crappy my theatre (or my ears) were til today.

I also missed the wide shot of Kyllo's shuttle arriving at the Jakku village - and I had seen the film 6 times in the cinema :D

20. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    I couldn't make out him saying anything, but the sound that plays in Rey's vision (0:22, in the video below) sounds similar to the one that Sidious made during the- for lack of a better name- "Sheev Spin".

Apparently some people think they heard him saying "jedi", but I don't notice it.

21. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    if leia had only friended luke on facebook she would have found him easier........(joking.)

22. CorellianEngineering

CorellianEngineering Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2016
    I hear a Palpatine-like voice saying something like "surround yourself..."

Can't really make out what exactly is said because of the SFX, and doubtful it is indeed Palpatine's voice...

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    all those voices are there but the loud sound effects like the saber drown them out. one site had remixed the audio so you can hear it better.

here you go. this vid is great.

-Jedi Joe- and Ricardo Funes like this.
  24. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    During the flashback sequence when Rey appears in the "massacre" scene, Rey's perspective is such that she appears about to be beaten by the guy that Kylo Ren impales, looking all the while like KR is saving her life. There's so much to potentially read into that, it boggles the mind (or at least, it does when you're convinced there's a profound moral ambiguity that surrounds Ben, and want to just give him a hug). :)

I interpreted the victim's raring back to strike as a collapsing motion from being impaled when I saw it at the theatre, it happened so quickly.

25. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015

I noticed I got a used copy that someone else had returned. "Thanks" dude! :(

[​IMG]

Sith-I-5 and Dagobah Dragonsnake like this.