main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What did you notice in the home video version that you missed in the theatres?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Silent Android, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    I was going to like this but it was not me who did that particular slobber. Rey slobbered on, on the other hand, would been the one I returned to get the steel pack. Aw, I'll like it anyway cause the effort is really clever.

2. QuiGon Take Me Away

QuiGon Take Me Away Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2016
    Noticed the village on the plateau the other night while watching with the lights down.
    Don't think I recognized a single alien species from the OT/PT in Maz's place. I understand the need to break free from what's been done, but a Rodian or Ithorian or something would have been nice to throw in.
    Not really a detail, but I'm in awe of how lovingly Chewbacca is handled in this film. He gets so many humorous moments, but then I love how they used the non-Mayhew actor to let him show off some real agility in the scene where he's planting the charges. And as I'm sure has been discussed to death, the bad-assery of him opening fore on Kylo Ren when Ren kills Han, even though Chewie knows exactly who Ren really is was so fantastic and so confirming of the life debt relationship. The EU showed us Han without Chewie as bitter and broken, I look forward to seeing what Chewie is without Han.

3. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002

There was a line from the final trailer where Maz (I believe) says something to the extent of "the force has always been there, just let it in". That was the first thing I thought of when Rey whispers "the Force" to herself, then closes her eyes, then becomes an even more complete badass.

Ricardo Funes and JediChipKelly like this.
  4. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    I saw the movie 6 times in the theater so I was surprised when I watched it at home and noticed these. It's a bit embarrassing actually...

-Slip is shot by Poe
    -Poe is an excellent shot with a blaster like Finn
    -Rey is wearing Finn's jacket when they are first walking away from Starkiller base and then decide to go back in to set the explosives

Ricardo Funes and Ezon Pin like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Saw that the second time in theaters. Couldn't believe it and had to confirm it on here.

Jedi Merkurian and DL44Jo like this.
  6. PTdefender3

PTdefender3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2015
    The ending music is very similar to the ending of rots

7. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    When we first see Starkiller base, with the TIEs flying towards it, you can see a small fleet of what I think are Star Destroyers in the bottom of the frame, very far off.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Ha! That's great. I just watched it again and I have to correct myself on the 3rd item, heh!: Rey is wearing his jacket right after they come back inside Starkiller base and when she and Finn come back outside alone and then climb to a higher lever.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Luke had his account deactivated, duh! :)

Darth Sid likes this.
  10. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Finally watched TFA another two times on home video, making it a total of four viewings thus far, yay! And these are stuff that I managed to appreciate more, after those extra viewings:

- The Falcon looking so small at the bottom when Rey was hiking up that rocky outcrop to meet Luke - shows how high his hiding place is!

- Finally heard that "Rey, these are your first steps" quote by Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor (the two Obi-Wan actors) more clearly, during that vision scene.

- Also noticed one of the Knights of Ren holding a rifle-like gun, while all of them are standing in the falling rain and looking at Rey - aren't they all only supposed to be using Lightsabers, a la the Jedi?

- And is that small stumpy stone next to Luke some sort of headstone? Or merely a randomly-placed rock which looks like that?

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

Ricardo Funes and DL44Jo like this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no. none of the knights of ren have lightsabers. only kylo.

12. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Is this the first Star Wars film where the home video release has no changes at all from the cinema release?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    maybe. i wonder if people will eventually find any.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Bowen since you saw the movie 50 some odd times in theaters, do you have any suggestions?

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    judah friedlander

[​IMG]

miltos yerolemou in yellow.

[​IMG]

d.c. barns force for change winner in black robe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and DL44Jo like this.
  16. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Who is Slip?

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The stormtrooper shot by Poe that puts the bloody handprint on his helmet.

18. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Ah ok, I noticed that the first time.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    BB-8 ducking his body further into the X-Wing to avoid getting singed by explosions when Poe is making his proton torpedo run inside the oscillator. It's, frankly, a pretty adorable detail.

20. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    *posted first by thejeditraitor

d.c. barns force for change winner in black robe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]

I seriously envy that guy...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  21. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I recommend watching the movie at least once with the captions on. I know for me it cleared up a couple lines of dialogue where I thought I was hearing something else.

22. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Yeah, I have friends that do that all the time - I probably should more often. Maybe I'm just lazy. :p

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    We just lost Star 1, sounds completely different to me.
    Rey congratulating Finn on shooting that first Tie Fighter, Nice shot/job. Shrug.
    For me anyway.

24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I had never noticed how green Unkar's clothing was, until I watched at home. The Simon footage from the Comic-Con reel shows a very beige shirt. The Visual Dictionary entry for Unkar shows very beige clothing. The action figure is very beige. Anyone else recall Unkar being more beige, less green, in the theaters?

25. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    My memory says mostly beige with a little green. I'll need to watch it again.