main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN What did you see/do at celebration??

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Maul 1277, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Well since i havent seen any posts about celebration i thoght i'd start this thread.

Friday: Got into town around 1 and checked into the hotel. went across the street to the celebration and was able to pick up 2 jorg sacul's. also got the black shirt and a program. As for autographs the lines were horrendous so I opted for the pull option. Came back saturday and got my carrie fisher, peter mahew, dave prowse, kenny baker, and billy dee williams autos.

Sat: went to the Temura Morrisaon, Daniel Logan, Hayden Christianson Presentation. Got to meet anthony Daniels which was the thrill of the celebration for me. Then I spent alot of time in the star wars as pop culture room. Man was it a treat to get to see those old commercials from when i was a kid again!! Also got to meet TC517 from this board at the indy knights table. Hopfully we can have a meeting this sat. at barnes and noble!

Unfortunately sunday i had to leave around 11:30 so i could be back at work but i was able to take in the lucasfilm archives and the toy museum.

All in All it was AWESOME!!!i hope if they have celebration 3 they have it here in indy again

2. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry this is so late in coming, but I just found this site and registered for the first time.

Celebration was a blast!!! Way too many lines, but a blast none the less. I was there for three days and did a lot, but I can't imagine someone only going 1 day.

Day 1: Got in just in time to see Women Who Kick, then wondered over to pick up two Sucal's. Saw Hayden and Gillard. Started working on a tower for the Mos Eisley customized diarama.

Day 2: Went to see Tam Morrison, Daniel Logan and Hayden (again). Went to Rick McCallum's Spectacular and continued working on the Mos Eisley buildings. Finished building the tower that was in the corner (see NienNumb's website). Autographs from Billy Dee Williams, Michonne, Amy Allen, and Bonnie Piese. Also went through the really cool archives. Picked up one of the Mace Windu busts and my wonderful wife picked up two Sucal's. Went to see Spider-man in the evening.

Day 3: Finally got a picture of my son as a Star Wars Figure (shortest line I saw at the figure booth the whole time we were at the convention (a mere 30-minute wait)), the hillarious Star Wars in 30 minutes, my daughter won the Mos Eisley cantina diarama,but we couldn't get it home.

I took about 200 photos and some short video clips and had lots of fun even though there was too many people for the layout of the facility. I've seen the RCA dome organized differently at homeschool conventions, and know that it could have been done better. Anyway, I'm looking forward to three years from now. In the meantime, I'm making plans for WizardWorld 2002....

Be seeing you,

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Good thread. Needs a bump
    Day 1: Got off school. Went to Stadium 16 to get midnight tickets. Arrived at the Hyatt and dropped off my stuff around 6:40. Arrived to register at 7:10 only to find registration closed at 7. The lady told the group of people around us to come to the doors early and she would let us in and give us the badges. Did get to talk to a bunch of 501st people since they were all at the Hyatt.
    Day 2: Got the passes and ran to the line for the store. We didn't run very far because the line was already almost backed up to the door. Picked up my Jorg Sacul and got a shirt. Went to the free book giveaway. No More Books. I saw my first fan film, TROOPS.
    Day 3: Stood in line and had my picture taken as an action figure. I think that was the day I sat in on the Hasbro meeting. (I am a share holder you know)

I never did get any autographs or see any famous people except I was siiting a few feet away from Ben Burtt.

4. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Hello, all. I'm back. Just recently got internet again. I'd thought I'd throw my two cents in since Scott, Nathan, and I had one of the coolest encounters I know of at C2.

We were standing in line for Jorg Sacul when a lady walked 6 inches in front of Nathan to get into the restroom. When she went in, two mountains that resembled bodyguards blocked the door. Carrie Fisher walked right in front of us to use the restroom. How many people can say that about C2? :)

5. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    The sad part was that I didn't even recognize her. I recognized John Knoll when I saw him walking around, but not Carrie Fisher.

6. JediMasterChris3

JediMasterChris3 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.