main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV What did you think about IMAX AotC?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was a fun time, and we scored issue zero of Bantha Tracks, and I got my own personal holocron. On to my very brief review:

I thought it was incredible. Yeah they cut out 20 minutes, but the movie still flowed for the most part. I am kinda glad the so-called 'Sound of Music' scene was omitted.

Remember the little tiny jedi way in the background fighting in the arena scene? Yeah, they were as big as me. I could see jawa inside the sandcrawler doing jawa things. You could see the individual fibers in the costumes they wore. You could have counted Palpatine's nose hairs if you wanted to.

It was dizzying. And the sound- well, the sound was so incredible that is shook you.

I want IMAX in my house.

Anyone else with a review?

2. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    In a word it was.... MIND BLOWING FREAKING AMAZING...1000 TIMES BETTER THAN ON THE REGULAR SCREEN. ANY FAN OF STAR WARS NEEDS TO CHECK THIS ONE OUT, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.
    ok so that was more than one word, but it was really cool... I actually really didnt miss the scenes they cut out, as long as they didnt touch the last 45 mins of the movie I would be happy, and they didnt, so I was happy.

WoRd

DARKSTAR

3. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Well...I feel bad that I didn't get to go with you all to the 7:30 show, but I ended up going to the 10:00 show...

Now by the time we got there, they were out of Bantha tracks...but it was still all good...

We ended up sitting on the 3rd level....I still would have like to of gone a little higher...but it was cool...

And Can we say WOW!! I went with my brother and his friends and they had never seen it yet so this was a first...and they loved it...

OK me being a HUGE Ewan fan....just loved seeing him REALLY REALLY big....;)

And I want IMAX at home too..

So um...anyone up for going again on Sunday and 4:15..going with my firend and would like to meet a few of you?

PM if you want to go...

PT

4. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah, me and my friend from Utah will be @ the 4:30 show. We are going to pick up our tickets after church, so we will probably be there around 3:30ish so we can get a good spot!!!!

I will be the amish (or Leprechaun) looking one ;) If you can figure that one out, you will find me!!

peace~~

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok..I saw it again last night...and it was just as good as the first time...

We ended up in the middle of level 5..which was cool..better then being on level 3..

Man can't wait to see it on video so I can see all the missed parts...

Watching it the 2nd time made me see what parts had been cut....so I can't wait for it to come...

Question though...was everyone that saw it happy about the parts that were cut, being cut? OR would you have rather left them in?

Just wondering...

PT

6. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    well I mean yeah I wouldn't have minded them having the deleted scenes if it was possible, but it wasn't and I think the end product without those scenes.... no big whoop.... I only found one thing that irritated me about IMAX AOTC.... and that thing was the GIANT GARGUANTUAN FREAKING HUGE!!!! zit that was in the middle of Ewan Macgregors forehead for the entire film.... I mean it was bigger than my whole head on IMAX and I might sound weird but it totally distracted me during every scene he was in (think along the line of the scenes in Goldmember when Austin meets "the mole" #3) other than that it was spectacular the speeder chase through Coruscant and Yoda's fight scene were incredible... and you can't go wrong with a 80 foot Hayden Christensen in my opinion *sigh*.... that's it that's my review

7. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    hmm, oops, I forgot all about that. I went to the UNLV football game and missed out on the movie. I guess I'll go next weekend.

8. JangoBear

JangoBear Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    I have to say it was outstanding even with the cut out sceans. Best part was actually meeting some of you from the board too.

Bear

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jango, it was great to meet you too!

You costume looked very, very good. Outstanding!

You guys have done a killer job on your costumes, altogether.

10. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    I had a blast. Just wished I didn't have makeup problems and we were able to set up the room sooner. I was pushing it already but I insisted we needed the room at least a coupla hours before the movie so the guys could suit up. Did any of you get to use the room that night? I left the keys with "Amidala" so everyone could make good of it. Just wished I was able to stay later. I did go to the Saturday show at 1 but was the only one there in costume so when everyone went in I left.
    The movie was impressive, most impressive and I was glad I was able to actually see the Jedi lopping of droid parts in the background. I also noticed the 5 little jawas playing in the sandcrawler which meant alot to me seeing I happen to have 5 jawas of my own.
    Hope we can set sumthin up real soon so we can all meet.

11. Padawan-Patty

Padawan-Patty Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    It was awesome! Thanks for the invite! I was amazed at all the tiny details Lucas put in. I need to see it again to catch all the extras I wasn't prepared for. Plus it was fu to wear the Jedi robes again.

Talon_Wolfe, when are you going to post lightsaber materials?

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Soon. I just got some of the pics together that were on the old tripod site. Now it's just a matter of sitting down and crafting the page.

However, slated to go up before that is the fiction area, where our own DarthDarkstar has some work he submitted for posting.

I will post here when TwinSunsSyndicate has been updated with it.

Glad you joined us!

13. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey there everyone. I thought the IMAX Experience was incredible. I do however have some very small questions about it.

Question 1:
    Did anyone else find it hard to focus on fast moving scenes and/or fast camera movements. Everything was very blurry. I guess my eyes could not be as good as others. Anyone else have a problem?

Question 2:
    Did everyone like the strap in idea of our IMAX theatre? I honestly prefer the more traditional theatre style of California Imax's.

Question 3:
    Did anyone else find it hard to put the picture size in perspective? When i first walked in i was like this screen is huge.. but then after awhile i think i adapted and I had to look down to the people below me in rows 1-3 to put the movies size back into perspective! Compare the peoples size to the screen. I wish they could project the picture on a screen outside or open just to show how big it actually is. I dont know it was just so overwhelming that It was unreal, my mind didn't want to process that this guys head is taller then my house. If it was projected beside my house.. i think it would be easier to put in perspective.

I think i just blabbed. I cant explain how it was just so unreal! It was awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.