main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE TRAILER?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Mar 10, 2002.

?

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE TRAILER?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2003.
  1. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. LIKED IT!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IT WAS O.K.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. DIDNT LIKE IT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. HATED IT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. DIDNT SEE IT

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. AINT GONNA SEE IT

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
  2. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I THOUGHT IT WAS SWEET .

3. epic_ewok

epic_ewok Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    that was absolutely mind blowingly amazing! the cities are looking absurdly impressive. it even looks like count dooku might be a good guy, eh? what do you guys think??

4. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I just watched it for the first time. Two more months to wait is way too long.

5. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    its gonna be worth it!

6. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    trailer? Help me out here guys I been gone all week and most of today.

7. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    they showed the full trailer on fox . between malcom and the x files . you can probibly find it to download on tf.n

8. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Yeah, just go to the official site, all four of the trailers are there to download.

9. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    just friging awsome I have now watched it 7 times including the reshowing of it on fox 31 news. had to tape it :) :) I cant explain my excitment.

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i taped it too!

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    It was great! I loved how they really showed just how arrogant Anakin is. That's just part of his character that makes him so real and it connects him to his future self.

It was funny tho... because my entire family all sits down to watch Simpsons and Malcom in the middle. And they didn't really know why I was so eager to watch the end of Malcom, mainly because I kept saying 'two and a half minutes of bliss'. ;)

But then they saw the commercial advertising it and my dad realizes that I had kidnapped the remote from him (he usually turns the channel right after Malcom). So he teased me about cleaning my room, something that needs to be desperatly done. And I just replied that if he tried to touch the tv or interfere in anyway I would fight him... after the trailer. :p

12. cozmickind

cozmickind Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    well im not expert, and opinions are like ****, everybody has some. way too much CGI...he might as well be making cartoons. i guess i like real characters who are real. i think the old trilogy aliens and ships were better looking than all the CGI. yoda, looked CGI, pretty much everything but the humans...i know for sci fi you must use alot of CGI..but sometimes alot can be overkill! personally i liked the old rubber masks, and yoda as a puppet, and ships that were models, and characters that were real actors, not a computer program...i hope im not as dissapointed w/ ep 2 as i was for ep1!

ED: Watch the language. Please. :D

OW

13. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I thought it looked pretty cool but the acting just flat out sucks. They are totally keeping tradition with crappy acting in star wars movies. The whole Arena scene with the clones and the droids and Jedi and all of that was just plain awesome. I think this movie is going to rock if I can get by the crappy acting. And I think the CGI Yoda looks way better than that ugly puppet. Movie looks great, they just need better actors. I wish May would hurry up and get here

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I loved it!!!

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    man you gotta be high? so what your saying is you like cheese FX . that was awsome. I get to caught up in it to pick it apart and say oh man thats cgi and thats not.its far more realistic than cartoons i love it we have seen so much more of the starwars universe in the pm and atoc. personaly i think its better to have a cgi than to be able to see through the canopies of ships. I guess I'm just not a tradisonalist <spelling>? but hay this is 25 years since the filming and release of anh and to expect lucas to do the same things he did with it would be to ask him to not make the movie.
    back in 77 nobody had sceen such things done.and now the FX on TPM & ATOC ARE going to be the same way.
    in short I would rather get lost in the whole thing and beleive the special efects than to set and be a critic cause its not the orignal trilogy .
    just my two cents [face_devil]

16. cozmickind

cozmickind Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    i have a feeling this will be my biggest dissapointment of the year! you have got to be kidding chunk, r u shooting up heroin or what? because the older yoda LOOKS a hell of alot better than ep 1 yoda, and now yes ep 2 yoda. in my opinion, lucas has lost his mind...he is MORE interested in tooting is own horn about how many cgi shots they get into the movie, than having a good movie THEY DO HAVE GOOD ACTORS, lucas just wont let them act, because hes having them act against characters like jar jar....i understand that the cgi is neccassary for this type of movie...but have you ever heard of way too much? you can easily tell what is real what is cgi....i must be the only one who is sick of the exessive use of it. i dont expect lucas to go back to the 77 technology of making flicks, nor do i want him to, but it looks alot more like that titan ae than star wars, except that he threw in a few humans to keep it from being a cartoon....

17. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Gentleman, gentleman......if I may intercede.....for what it's worth, I give creedance to both houses simply because you two represent both the major opinions with regard to current movie production. Much talk has gone before about how tech has overrun talent. I would like to suggest that such is evolution, in it's purest form....the pendulum swings to and fro, and eventually settles in the middle. I mean, back in the day when tech really didn't exist, it was imperative to find individuals with true screen presence, because the storyline needed it so, as there was nothing else to spark the imagination of the viewer to become engrossed in the movie. Now, we have a veritable plethra of techno imagery we can throw at the screen, and indeed, if folks really didn't want to see it, they wouldn't come to the shows. So, to a point,we are our worst enemy since we continually seek out modern movies despite the ripple-effect of CGI and other overuses. Personally, I believe a lot of us keep coming to these 'Matrix' type flics because on the inside we are hungry for that perfect blend of tech, acting, visuals and blisteringly real storyline. To point...in 'GUMP', I was very moved by the imagery that was used to cut off 'Dan's legs....I knew many such individuals that thanks to Vietnam ended up that way. And let's face it....if the actor had not stepped up as well as he did, it would have been a hollow visual effect and may well have insulted many vets. I haven't seen the trailer, and while I have a lot of respect for those who do the CGI and such, I also would like to see better acting and more personal performances, and I think it's to come.....because it's the balance of the FORCE that matters...and I think George knows it.

18. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    so true kit so true.

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Ah, you are too kind....

20. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Haven't seen the trailer yet, and won't be able to until I go to see Ice Age b/c I don't have a computer to d/l it to.

But I can respond to the acting...don't mistake bad acting for bad direction. They have some great actors in these movies (Portman, McGregor, SLJ, Neeson, etc.). The acting was sub-par in TPM, but it wasn't because they had poor actors, it's because GL knows how to direct his special effects and where he wants things to go...but he doesn't know how to direct actors. He's an action director, not an acting director.

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    welcome to the denver boards now get a bat and defind your self wwhhhaaaa wwwhaaaaa [face_devil]

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Well said, SD...and that goes straight to the heart of it being an evolution....in these new CGI-rich movies, directing with emphasis on both the characters and the visuals has to be balanced, and has to be learned...even George wasn't born with the knowledge of 'that' FORCE!

23. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I thought it was great! I especially like seeing more of the technological evolution of both the CGI effects(though I too don't like the CGI Yoda as much) and the Star Wars universe. You can see in ATOC where the lineage of several Imperial weapons came from(I know it's a real techno-geek thing to say but I just gotta be me. :)) BTW has anyone noticed that the insignia on Obi-Wan's fighter is the Imperial Insgnia.

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OH!!! Say it ain't so!

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    ok I just watched four more times to see this and I cant make this out, I did look at the lego jedi fighter and tie fighter and they are simalar but not exact.
    where did you see the insigna on the jedistarfighter?
    this would make sence because after the fall of the republic the same political body rises to become the empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.