main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE TRAILER?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Mar 10, 2002.

?

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE TRAILER?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2003.
  1. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. LIKED IT!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IT WAS O.K.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. DIDNT LIKE IT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. HATED IT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. DIDNT SEE IT

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. AINT GONNA SEE IT

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Try freeze-framin' it, and look at the fuselage near the cockpit...maybe it's there.....JP?

2. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i didn't really care for the trailer.....i mean, it was neat to see the start of some of the things we know and love from ep. 4-6 such as the stormtroopers and palpatine and the fighter that looks like a mini-isd, but it just didn't get me as excited as the others have.

i also have to agree with cozmickind. i hate Hate HATE cgi yoda. i respect people in the cgi business, but as cozmickind stated, you can tell when it's cgi. i liked the models used in the older movies MUCH better....call them cheesy, but i think that's part of the charm of star wars.

i'm a purest when it comes to sw, so going into this movie, i don't have high hopes for it as i was so incredibly disappointed by ep. 1. i think in my case, it's better not to get excited so there's not the same feeling of disappointment i had with the first film.

3. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't actually know if you can see the insgnia in the trailer, I first saw it in the Insider issue before last(the one with Jango and Zam on the cover.) My thought also was that it was the emblem of the Old Republic and Palpatine just didn't change it.

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OOOooo....now that's a possibility.....keep the guise of the Old Republic in place while you ascend to power, which is precisely what he did with the Senate when he slowly eviscerated it over time to the point of exctinction!

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm, I can't remember which, but in one of the EU books it talks about there being a different insignia for the "Old Republic"...I think it was in the thrawn trilogy, but I don't remember for sure.

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    my guess is that they are slitly different.

7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    The other possibility is that it is the Jedi Order insignia. On Starwars.com in the vehicle section they mention that Palpatine uses jedi archtypes to support the Empire, which is why the Imperial Star Destroyers look like the Jedi Starfighter.

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    good point.

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    now that's something to think about...I like that explanation better.

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    kinda insult to injury thing????

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    NAW....just keeps everybody lookin' in the wrong direction till it's too late!

12. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
  13. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    I just downloaded it today. It was pretty good. It did not get me jumping. Probably because I dont like the ewok music. They needed somthing faster paced. But it still looks amazing.

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well. I do know that the military uniforms of the Old Republic are very similar to those of the Empire. The officers uniforms are a navy blue though. And I can back this up by footage in EI... remember the scene where Qui and Obi are just landing on the trade federation ship? You can see the two republic pilots there, and they are deffinetly dressed in the same style uniform as imperial officers.

And I would like to say that I am a big fan of Yoda as a puppet. True that his lips didn't quite move right and he walked oddly, but it's better than having him suddenly looking so real! Why change something that's worked already? It would be like not using James Earl Jones as Vader's voice and having Hayden just use a really deep voice!

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    KIM HEARD ON ALICE TODAY SOME MOVE CRITIC GOT A COPY OF AOTC AND GAVE IT A GREAT REVIEW . SHE ALSO SAID YOU CAN GO TO THE ALICE WEB SITE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO .

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    That's one job I'd dread havin'....knowin' the movie before anyone else? Not bein' able to share the moment? No line party? That would suck!

17. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Everyone's going nuts about Harry on Aint it cool news (www.aintitcool.com) getting to see a work print. He gave it a really rave review on his site, and tried to minimize the spoilers. I don't recommend reading it because there were still more spoilers than I wanted. I am a regular reader of the site. I've seen elsewhere on the net that CNN even interviewed him today about seeing it. Lucasfilm must be going through the roof.

18. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    whats the addy for that does you know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.