What did you think of Attack of the Clones, now that you've seen it?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    As my first official duty as city rep, I'd like to ask for your opinion of Episode II - Attack of the Clones. Be honest. Stretch out with your feelings! :)

I want your opinions of the movie (both good and bad) posted here. Those of you who have already voiced your viewpoint, feel free to reiterate again here. No flaming, please!

2. mdhillison Jedi Padawan

I loved it - we saw it opening day and then saw it again Memorial Day. Both times at Crossroads in Cary.

I thought it was paced better than PM but I love PM too. I guess I'm different from the rest of you all - we don't dressed up or get in to it the way some people do. I don't live for or reenact this, I just watch it. (No offense intented at all, my level of interact is just different)

I love the story so I'm just enjoying watching the saga unfold in a non-critical way. I'm going to love it no matter what, just varies with how much I will.

3. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved it! I deffinatley think it was better than TPM, I've seen it about 3 times now. The only thing I wish they had done was to make the lightsaber scene longer, especially with Yoda. I think the Yoda/Dooku lightsaber battle was the best part of the whole movie! I thought in this movie we were supposed to find out why a jedi dissapears or not when he dies. Maybe we'll find out for the next one. I was a little surprised that it got a PG rating because overall I thought there was a lot of violence in it, not that I minded but I don't know how appropriate it is for younger kids. I think they handled the love story pretty good. The visual effects were a lot better than TPM too! They finally have fur down, that is what I thought was unrealistic in TPM because none of the creatures had any fur or hair, they seemed to have fixed that problem in this movie. The Nexu was awesome!

I've read the book now and the first 50 pages or so are all before the movie even starts. You get to hear about Shmi living with Cleigg Lars and how she got taken by the Tuskens. There is a lot of extra stuff in the books. I don't know how much I should say because I don't want to spoil it for people who are about to read it!

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net
  4. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I liked it as well as the other movies. It is the most exciting of the lot and on par for the acting and dialouge. As I say time and again the only SW flick that is a "good" movie is Empire, the rest are fun space opera that entertain.

Clones however does go right after Empire on my list. I think it really moved the story along and let us see why the movies are called Star Wars, because the Battle in this one is great. I just hope we get to see one more great full scale space battle ala Jedi.

I have only seen it twice but hope to see it a few more times before it goes into small screen limbo. I hope to see it a few more times but my roommate said twice is enough, so if anyone wants to go just let me know :)
  5. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've seen it 3 times as well, and I love it. Although the scenes when Natalie and Hayden are together don't work too well, individually, they were great. Yoda. That is all I have to say. Its too bad the forums won't let me use my custom icon from all the others i visit. Yoda with a saber. :D
  6. ohitsmagic Jedi Knight

What do you guys think of the new TV commercials for AOTC that essentially show the highpoints of Yoda's fight scene? I guess they need help combatting Spider-Man at the box office, but I think this is a pretty cheap piece of marketing.
  7. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have seen the movie 7 times now, which may seem alittle crazy to some, but I try to make it a point to see it with all my friends. I LOVE the movie, it is so much better than TPM in several ways. The effects are better, the story and acting is better and smoother. The final arena battle scene is incredible, but I agree with you Natalie, I wish the lightsaber fight was alittle longer. I think Hayden did a fantastic job playing Anakin, it was a very complex part. I think this is the Star Wars we have been waiting for. Lucas seemed to listen to all the fans and go out of his way to make an awesome movie, thanks George!
    Its definately a movie to see more than once, as you can see I have :) There is alot to see and take in, I have thoroughly enjoyed it everytime. If anyone wants to go see it and wants someone to tag along, just let me know!
  8. Padme_Karen Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought it was great .. a lot of fun to watch. My favorite part was probably Yoda's battle with Dooku but I also liked the battle scenes with all of the Jedi fighting the clones. The fight scenes mixed with some comedic lines here and there makes it very entertaining to watch. I have seen it twice now and that is probably all for me until it comes out on DVD.

I also think that Lucas did a great job pulling it all together. I think he realized the mistakes he made in EP1 and made up for it this time. I look forward to EP3!!

The 2 times I saw it I went with someone who is very special to me. They are a HUGE Star Wars fan which made the experience that much more exciting and fun for me.
  9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    I completely loved it! It's my new favorite SW film. :D I've seen it twice - once opening night, and then again that Saturday. :) And I'm seeing it again June 5th in London! :D

I think my favorite part was the Obi-Wan/Jango battle on Kamino (sp?). It was so cool! :D :cool: I also loved the whole ending from the start of the arena battle until the wedding at the end. :) Heck, the whole movie was fantastic! :D I loved seeing the inside of the Jedi Temple some, too! :)

All in all, an amazing film, IMO. :D

EDIT: I hate the "5 of each face" thing... ;)
  10. ohitsmagic Jedi Knight

I liked AOTC a lot. Great fun. Probably was most enjoyable the 2nd time I saw it. My favorite moments were Anakin kicking some Tuscan-raider butt, C-3PO during the final battle, and of course Yoda. Dooko fought like a champ too. However, most people I've talked to in the non-cyber world didn't like it or were disappointed. Many of the issues are maybe justified ("wooden" acting, didn't like the love story, lack of soul, etc...), but I think maybe they just don't get it. I'm curious what all of your non-Star Wars fanatic friends/coworkers thought of it. Do you think you can walk in "un-initiated" and enjoy Episode 2?

For those at the midnight Cary premiere, I'm curious which theatre you were in and how the response was. I was in theatre 20 and to be honest, I thought the audience was pretty dead...I guess it *was* late. I have the feeling that most of the people in that theatre showed up late, b/c it didn't fill up until close to showtime. I was wishing I was in the same theatre as the freaks who were at the front of the line, but b/c of some confusion with tickets (I had to scavenge to get three tickets, all in different theaters, the day of the showing), I ended up in theatre 20.
  11. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was in theater 11 at the midnight showing in Cary and it wasnt dead at all. Everyone was talking and laughing, met some cool new people, everyone was just sooo excited! During the movie was great also, and everyone was cheering and clapping at the end.
    I think someone coming into AOTC without much background knowledge on Star Wars can enjoy the film. My mother, for instance, loved it and the only info she had was what my father and I told her on the way to the theater, she doesnt know much about SW.
  12. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I was in Theater 1 on opening night at Crossroads and it was very loud in there everyone was having a good time. It could have been louder too if they hadn't messed up the camera, when it started it went up on the cieling and the lights came back on then they restarted the promo that was on. Then when they put up "A long time ago..." then the music started, it seemed they turned the volume down, heh I really didn't mind it where it was, but I think it confused the audience a little. No more problems after that and the audience just loved it. I am surprised there wasn't a fixed ticket presell date. I mean my friends had been calling everyday, more than once a day. They called in the morning and they said they weren't selling yet, then someone else called in the afternoon and they said they just started selling them. It wasn't like with TPM where there was a huge line, I think that that was a little misplayed on their part, no one really knew what was going on.

~Natalie
  13. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was in 11 also and agree with Padwan, everyone was clapping and laughing and having a good time. I was tired but man the movie drew me in and made the fanboy in me cheer.
  14. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    the best place to see it at Carmike 15 on Atlantic in Raleigh is Theatre 4. The biggest and the best with the sound.
  15. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I have seen it a few times at Carmike 15 on Atlantic Springs in Raleigh. It had really good sound and a great picture, the seats arent very comfortable there though.
  16. TK-924 Jedi Padawan

Well, I've seen it twice and will most likely go to see it again before it's gone from the big screen.

I told my wife after the first viewing that I felt as though I was in 1977 again. She said, "yeah, I know, you should've seen your face." :D

Also, with the home release being in late Nov, I'll will probably get myself a DVD player finally. ;)
  17. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll probably go see it a lot once it comes to Blue Ridge. I love Blue Ridge, we never had anything like that in New Hampshire, you payed 7.75 for a movie and that was a typical price and there was no such thing as a student price.

~Natalie
  18. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats my biggest complaint, other than the seats, about Carmike 15...they dont have a student discount there.
  19. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    How are the sound systems and the screens at the Blue Ridge?
  20. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Quality wise it's not the best theater. You don't have stadium seating and sometimes the sound is messed up depending on the screen you are in, actually I think that only happened to me once. How I look at it is that for 1.50 you can't go wrong.

~Natalie
  21. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, the sound systems are so-so, and it caters to the NC State crowd, but for 2nd run movies, ya can't beat it. Moderately clean, big lobby.
  22. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Darn it, the place is clean??? What kind of second run theater is that? A second run theater is supposed to have floors you can stick to and homeless people sleeping in the theaters. :)

I might have to go see Jason X there ;P
  23. ohitsmagic Jedi Knight

Coincidental to this thread, I was at the Blue Ridge yesterday and saw about 15 minutes each of Harry Potter, Blade II, Jason X, Gosford Park, and John Q. Not a bad way to stay out of the scorching heat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.