main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN What did you think of the new TMNT

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi76, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRaver

JediRaver Jedi Master star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Yea, don't those creatures look just like him?

2. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Okie dokie, looks like I need to set some things straight here!

<TMNT FANGIRL MODE>

The current TMNT cartoon is very much based on the original TMNT comic books published in the 80s by Mirage Studios. The Utroms in those comics looked just as you see them in the current cartoon. However, when developing the OLD cartoon series, the Utroms were removed but that is where the basic idea for Krang came from. Krang was an alien brain. The Utroms are just aliens, not bains (though they have brains).

Anymore questions?

</TMNT FANG.. oh let's face it, I'm never out of fangirl mode

:D

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    oh let's face it, I'm never out of fangirl mode

And we wouldn't want you any other way. :D

This new Turtle toon is lightyears better than the old one. The old one was fun but I always liked the comic version better. This new one is just perfect.

Dude! Leo Beheaded the shredder! :eek:

Yea I know he picked his head back up but still! :eek: :eek:

Gotta love it when the bad guy gets his head chopped off.

4. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I loved that Leo cut off Shredder's head in the toon. Yeah, it's in the comic book, so I should have been expecting it. But this is a kids' cartoon, and they can't do that kind of thing! So when his head fell off I spazed like... well, like a silly little fangirl. :D

5. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    me too.

ummmm. well not like a fan GIRL but I did do that Fan boy "Wholly CRAP!" thing. :D

6. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Well todays eppisode was really good, I liked the way they had mentions of the old cartoon Krang and Aprils yellow outfit and her coment about her not wanting to be a reporter lol. After they didnt show a sneak of next weekends show so they will show reruns again for a while

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    FoxBox has been inconsistant with showing episode previews, but you can count on a long string of new episodes. Especially since February is sweeps. From the episode synopsises on the Official Site, next week's episode is "Reflections."

Back to today's episode, I absolutely loved the jokes about the old cartoon. But probably my favorite part was the "memory" of Hamato Yoshi - too cool!

8. JediRaver

JediRaver Jedi Master star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Okay, I'm confused after Saturday.

If Krang isn't an Utrom, then who was that Utrom they referred to as "Krang"? Different guy or the same?

And I think we all saw the whole Shredder-is-an-Utrom thing coming. But I don't remember that being in the old comics? Are you thinking of the old comics, or the old-old comics? The black and white ones where the turtles are mean and stuff? Dang, I should dig those out, thery're probably worth some money...

And what up with those triceritops looking things? Rocksteady? Hmmmmm???

9. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Krang from the old cartoon is not an Utrom.

The Utrom called Krang in last Saturday's episode was simply a nod to the old show, just as yellow jumpsuited reporter April was a nod to the old show. An inside joke, nothing more. :)

10. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    And what up with those triceritops looking things

Actually They came long before Rocksteady.

You must realize that this new cartoon is based off the original Comics that came out long long before the Old Cartoon that your thinking of.

The stuff in the Old Cartoon was nothing like the original comics. Sure some things were inspired by and based off of it but it was changed so much it was a whole different Universe.

You have to unlearn what you have learned. :)

The old toons may have a wink and a nod to them from time to time as an inside joke as our Turtle Master Riibu has said, but they have nothing to do with this new Cartoon character backgrounds and what not.

This is it's own show and everything has changed. :)

11. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Just a heads up next week TMNT will be on at 8:30 insted of 9:30

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.