main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx What did you think of the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mod_Squad_Leader, Feb 2, 2004.

?

What did you think of the Super Bowl

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The game was great

35.0%
  2. The game was horrible

5.0%
  3. Liked the commercials

10.0%
  4. Liked the half-time show

5.0%
  5. I played Dungeons and Dragons instead

35.0%
  6. Real football is Manchester United

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mod_Squad_Leader

Mod_Squad_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
  2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Actually I GM'd D&D for Kreleia, Darth Husband, Choad, IA, and Mick. But played is close enough :)

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    • Went shopping during the first quarter
    • interupted the aforementioned D&D game with MicroSith induced anxiety attack
    • turned off the half time show because it was too sleazy for Grammie and Christy
    • ended up having to cover Christy's eyes during most of the commercials
    • enjoyed the 4th corner screaming at the top of my lungs. Rooted for the panthers. They didn't win but they played very well. :)

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'll bet Linda voted for MU. ;)

5. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I saw a boobie... in fact, that's the only part of the game I watched as I was flipping channels and saw that EXACT part of the half time show... None before, and none after.

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Game sucked for the first 23 minutes, then got exciting for 3. The it was OK, then turned into a real game for the 4th quarter. It was nice to not have a super-blowout for a change. The commercials were really boring, though. [face_plain] Blech.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    overall the commercials weren't that smart.. a farting horse... geez... i liked the fed ex alien... was it just me or did muhammed ali slip into a bunch of different ads...

the game was exciting for the timeslots soemone above mentioned.

i was rooting for the panthers and had to leave to go to church at 50 seconds left on the clock, and the patriots marching down the field after that lousy panther kickoff.

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I was rooting for the Panthers as well, remind me of the Cardinals.

Caught the Half time peep show. Found a picture of it online.
    Commercials were not great, ok, just not great.

OW nailed it as to the action.

Panthers lost the game because of a:Defense was unable to stop Pats, b: Muffed Kickoff at the end, and c: failure to use their 2nd quicker RB instead of the pounding one they were using.

I give Pats credit. They are a deserving champion.

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    The Super-Bowl was yesterday? ?[face_plain]

:D Honestly, I completely forgot about it. In fact, I didn't even remember it was Super-Bowl Sunday yesterday until TODAY. How nice. :) That would explain why all the chips were so picked-over at Costco on Saturday too. Heh. How funny that I was completely oblivious to it. That's the first time in... oh, well over 20 years. In fact, that might be the first time EVER that I haven't noticed the Super Bowl. Heh.

And, I know this is gonna sound stupid, but who played? The Panthers? Please remind me where they're even from... and, who else?

Was wondering where that silly Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake "oops" came from...

10. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    The game was between the New England Patriots and the Carolina Panthers. Fisrt time in history a Superbowl has been played by 2 teams from regions of the country, instead of actual cities or states.

11. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Don't sweat it Queenie. Before the start of the game most people were either oblivious or were disappointed at the matchup. Most people expected a low scoring, boring game. Good thing that's not what it turned out to be.

As for the "opps" moment: during the half time show, Janet Jackson was singing with Justin Timberlake of N'Sync fame. At the end of their duet, he reached over Janet's bustier, pulled one of the "cups" off and exposed her breast. Of course, she was wearing a pasty, so nothing was "truly" exposed. Pictures are all of the 'net. I have some as well, the ones from AP int.

Edit: There is question as to whether or not it was a true opps moment or intentional.

12. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    There was a Super Bowl? Shows how out of touch of I am.

13. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    Like the boob slip up was an accident....... Opps.....I didn't know that he was going to undress me.....

14. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i was playing quake 3...

15. ashliepink

ashliepink Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2004
    Atleast this give CNN and MSNBC something to talk about.....

16. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    I saw the slip and the game. Pretty good game even though my beloved Broncos werent in it.

There is no way that was an accident. Justin Timber-whatever totally just pulled it off.

(I didnt mind..;))

17. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    The responsible part of me says we should probably move the discussion back towards the game itself and/or the commercials. We can have in depth analysis of the half-time show at the next get-together. If there was something, anything at all that you liked about the previously mentioned half-time show you may register your opinion by choosing the appropriate option in the poll above. ;)

18. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    D and D for me. None too excited about watching people get paid to play a game.

19. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey Mick, but you watch Ohio State games, right?

BTW: The question is directed toward the entire Super Bowl experience not just the game or the commercials. The discussion would include the half time show.

Now IMHO, I hate Super Bowl half time shows. All half time is good for is a chance to go to the restroom, get yourself some refreshments or grab a smoke. I like most of the performers individually but at half time, they contribute nothing and just mess up the field as well as disrupt the rhythm of the game.

Anyone ever see the Bayou Classic? Now THAT'S a halftime show.

My favorite commercial: Mastercard's with Homer Simpson.

Least Favorite: Donkey wanting to be a Clydesdale. I didn't get it.

20. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Woohoo. What a great super bowl. Definitely ranks up there with the top 5 of all time.

This game was a total defensive and offensive battle.

1st quarter: Defense

1st half of 2nd quarter: Defense

2nd half of 2nd quarter: offense

halftime: defense (That streaker got pummeled by a linebacker)

3rd quarter: Defense

4th quarter: Offense (The most points ever scored in one quarter during a superbowl)

21. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Watched the 4th...that's all you really need to do anyway!

22. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    watched the whole thing (the sports fan that i am, how could i not go to a super bowl party). although i'm with you kreator. i do wish the broncos were there *sigh*. thought the halftime was terrible. sports are family things, or at least they are in my family. in the future when i watch these things with my children, i am not, NOT, gonna want my children seeing the stuff that went on there. absolutely no excuse for it. they can apologize all they want, i'm still gonna feel that it was inexcuseable

23. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I had to vote for Man U... Ooo, how I love the calves on soccer boys!!

24. Darthcod

Darthcod Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2003
    While I watched the super bowl I played Lord Of The Rings risk with my brother (he won) but I was happy the pats won!!!

25. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    the survey selection of...

"umm, what game?"

would be my choice.
    I really didn't care this year for the game, commercials or janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.