main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did you think was pure "Jedi like"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JEDY, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    What moments, lines or actions did you guys think were pure "Jedi like" in the entire saga?

2. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Maybe Yoda's lessons with Luke in Dagobah (sry I've probably spelt that wrong) - "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force! But beware anger, the darkside are they"

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Yoda IS Pure Jedi-Like, that was a good one though.

I love when Qui-Gon is waiting for the beams to go down in Duel of Fates, he is just meditading.

4. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    When Luke defiantly throws away his lightsabre, refusing to fight Vader and succumb to the Dark Side.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Nothing even comes close. No Jedi in the PT just stops and refuses. Luke is what the Jedi should be.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Nothing even comes close. No Jedi in the PT just stops and refuses. Luke is what the Jedi should be.

I would have to agree with that.

6. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I always liked the exchange in TPM between Qui-Gon and Anakin, when he tells Anakin that he can't be formally trained. Qui-Gon tells him to observe his actions, be mindful, and that "Your focus determines your reality."

7. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Qui-gon meditating in the reactor chamber was definately a good one. Overall I'd have to say that my favorite one though was in ROTS when yoda walks into the Emperor's chambers. The gaurds lift there weapons....and are knocked out with a flick of the wrist from Yoda. It was so simple, and so well executed that it was almsot sublime.

8. am-pm

am-pm Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    I agree with...

- Qui-Gon meditating during battle with Darth maul

and

- Luke's "Jedi" speech to the Emperor

In addition...

- At the end of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel, the way Obi-Wan gets focused and uses the Force to get Qui-Gon's lightsaber as he jumps up, flips and slices Darth Maul. Such a uniquely Jedi move.

- the bar scenes where Obi-Wan *seems* to be not paying attention and then whirls around just in time, ignites his lightsaber and does the Jedi hand-removal trick. LOL.

- the way Obi-Wan twirls his lightsaber during fights...just makes him seem so confident; a master of the weapon.

9. Nirnaeth

Nirnaeth Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    I'd like to add Luke's hologram-speech to Jabba [face_blush]

he appears for the first time all hooted, mysterious, mighty and calm....it was in that scene I actually got a real notion about how jedis are :)

10. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Bingo.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

11. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I also agree with Luke refusing to kill. That couldn't have been a better chance for him to end Vader but he didn't, that is a true Jedi .

JEDY

12. -Master-Plo-Koon-

-Master-Plo-Koon- Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    well i think that obi wan was some what pure as a jedi
    he kept his promise to qui gon cared for his fellow jedi
    cared for anakin and did what he had to do for justice such as
    fight anakin

13. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I, too, have to agree with Qui-Gon meditating before his final fight with Maul...

Also, Obi-Wan's "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." I loved Guiness's delivery; while it was a very imposing phrase, he didn't make it sound threatening or domineering; it was as if he was still trying to get through to Vader.

And while it isn't what I would call a particularly enlightening moment of the saga, I've always had a special place for the scene in ANH where, after he powers down the reactor, ObiWan slips past the guards by making them hear something and turn the other way. Somehow that always seemed jedi-like to me: nonviolent or invasive, and even a little amusing and fun.

14. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Yoda's speech to Anakin in ROTS. He really explained to me what a Jedi feelings toward deathn really are.

I also like how Obi-Wan handles him self about Qui-Gon's death. He mourns for a moment and gets down to buisness by fighting Maul.

15. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Yoda's speech to Anakin was a good moment. It was so private and his advice was very guiding .

Another moment that came to mind was in AOTC when they are chasing Dooku in the gunship and Obi is explaining to Anakin why they can't drop to get Padme and have tochase Dooku.

16. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I think the all the actions of Qui-Gon Jinn were the most "Jedi like". I think the purpose of Qui-Gon in the films is to show the perfect Jedi, one that is not bound by the Code, but one that follows the Will of the Force. That is also how Obi-Wan and Yoda are in the OT.

17. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Jango10, that is true, Qui-Gon does seem like he was a representative for a perfect Jedi.

18. Darth_Stern

Darth_Stern Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2003
    The instances of pure zen jedi-ism are few in number and the two definative occurences happen in the same film.

Luke throws his lightsaber down and refuses to enter into the game of suffering that the darkside always wins.

Anakin rejects the suffering of the darkside incarnate and throws it away.

Almost every actions in the saga prior to these plays into the cycle of suffering that the darkside creates.

One could make the arguement that Yoda and Obi-wans choice to go into hiding was also a pure jedi choice.

And of course it is the choice that fruits into the actions listed above.

19. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    - Qui Gon & Obi Wan remaining calm during the whole "there's always a bigger fish" chase
    - Qui Gon meditating during his duel with Darth Maul
    - Obi Wan calming himself after being kicked down the reactor shaft
    - Qui Gons burial/cremation
    - Yoda letting the Younglings solve Kenobi's puzzle
    - Obi Wan refusing Dooku's offer without even thinking about it
    - Mace Windu not killing Dooku or Jango (until Jango goes for a head-on confrontation)
    - Anakin carrying Obi Wan on his shoulders during the the Invisible Hand rescue
    - Yoda's advice to Anakin
    - Obi Wan riding the Boga for transportation on Utapau
    - Obi Wan jumping in the middle of Grievous droid army
    - Mace keeping his cool in the Palpatine fight
    - Mace signalling for Anakin to stand back when he arrives at the fight
    - Obi Wan checking on Padme's health while Vader's ranting about "his new Empire"
    - Obi Wan not killing a defenseless Sith Lord
    - Obi Wan allowing Vader to kill him on the Death Star
    - Luke deactivating his infrared-goggles and using the force to help him blow up the DS
    - Everything Yoda does or says in ESB :p
    - Luke dropping himself instead of joining with Vader
    - Luke throwing away his lightsaber in front of the Emperor
    - Anakin accepting death
    - Luke burning Darth Vaders suit
    - Luke dancing with the Ewoks :p

- O_F

20. Grover

Grover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    LMAO, well put, thorough, and in chronological order. I'd have to agree with all of these. (Also possibly Luke (ANH) whining about power converters count if sissy/stalker Anakin (AOTC) padawan is considered Jedi-like)

21. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Nice list there. I really like Obi Wan sacrificing himself to the force, Luke putting away his computer in the X-Wing, and Luke throwing away his lightsaber on the second DS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.