main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What do people have against darth vader building c3po?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Obi-Wan: "The Emperor knew, as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

The Emperor was also a threat. If he found out about Anakin's offspring, wouldn't Tatooine be the first place he would look?

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    A little?:p

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It makes total sense to me that Anakin built C-3PO because what you guys are calling coincidence has a very simple explanation: C-3PO never left the possession of the Skywalker/Organa family!

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    How would Anakin's offspring be a threat to the Emperor/Darth Vader?

Who is "him"? Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker or the Emperor?

How was the Emperor a threat to Luke and Leia? Did he want to make them Sith lords and tyrants and dictators, kill them, torture them, what??? Paranoid about them??

Why did Obi wan Kenobi give the Skywalker twins to adoptive parents? Why not their real parents? Padme died, but their biological real father was still alive, as Darth Vader...

And, for whatever reason the Skywalker twins needed to be kept hidden from their real father Darth Vader, why not keep them together? With the same adopted parents? Why seperate them? Give the twins to Owen and Beru Lars, or give them to the Organa family... But keep them together, why not???

5. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Because the Force runs strong in Luke's family. Offspring of Anakin could be trained to be Jedi, and thus would be a threat. And yes, the "him" is the Emperor, who fears losing his power, and by extension, those who threaten his power.

Yes, he would most likely kill them, but he could also try to bend them to his will and have them become his apprentices.

Why the flip would Obi-Wan hand over the Skywalker twins to Darh Freakin' Vader?! "Oh, just look at these innocent babies. They belong with their Daddy. Who cares if they will become slaves to the Emperor and wreck havoc in the galaxy. It's the right thing to do." Nope. Come on. Are you serious?

And keeping them separated was a smart move. It was to minimize the likelihood that both children would be located.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  6. FunintheSun

FunintheSun Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2011
    I'm going to play devil's advocate on this, even though I see the logical reasoning why 3PO could have come from another source and why there should have been a different planet Luke and Ben resided.

On the 3PO issue, C3PO and R2D2 were followed too closely in the OT to make them random beings in the PT. Now to me, if any characters were shoehorned in the PT, it was Chewbacca and arguably Boba Fett. They really had no reason to be there. Boba's storyline could have been worked in with a random character and Chewbacca's served no purpose plotwise, logistically, or in character development.

On the planet, Vader didn't know the child was alive, nor did they know Obi Wan was alive. That's why Luke could go to Tatooine instead of to a stranger family. As far as Vader and practically everyone else knew, Padme died before she had the child. But no, they weren't going to give Vader's children to him, for obvious reasons that don't need to be addressed.

7. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Tell that to the Jawas.;)

thesevegetables likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant until ANH, but if you're joking, I like your joke.

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  10. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Would the twins have been killed or turned over to the Darkside of the Force and become Sith Lords/Sith Ladies? Which one?

I had an idea/theory. If Obi wan kenobi never cut off Anakin Skywalker's arms and legs, Anakin would've killed the Emperor and saved the galaxy. It was Obi wan kenobi's fault that the galactic empire existed!!!

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin was more than a little arrogant at that point. He thought he could kill the Emperor, but may have been overestimating himself, and underestimating just how tricky the Emperor was.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Anakin could have killed the emperor once he got strong enough and learned enough from Palps if he didn't turn crispy.

13. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, that would be almost as silly as a nine year old boy taking down the flagship of a droid space fleet just by accident....oh wait. Nevermind....

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Would love to see DarkHorse bust out with THAT Infinities story before Disney shuts em down.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not accident, the Force. "Nothing happens by accident" - Qui-Gon, same film

16. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    "The Force" here in this instance = "Get-Plot-Out-of-Jail-Free-Card".

Now, compare and contrast TPM's Anakin "The Force Made Me Do It!!!" Skywalker, with SW/ANH's Luke Skywalker vis-a-vis the Death Star.
    Luke made a decision to use the Force. Anakin in TPM, by contrast, says "whoops!!!". [face_laugh]

Also, let's not forget this scene from SW:

Ben: "Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him."
    Luke: "You mean it controls your actions?"
    Ben: "Partially. But it also obeys your commands. "

Note that Ben, in response to Luke's question, did NOT say:
    "YOU GOT THE RIGHT ONE BAY-BAY-BAY-BAY-BE!!!! UH-HUH!!!!"

Sistros and Zer0 like this.
  17. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    You can't really be that stupid, can you?

Luke and Leia are extremely strong in the force like their father. The fact that the emperor tries to kill Luke in ROTJ after he refuses to give in is evidence enough how much of a threat Luke is.

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Kindof surprising they haven't already tried that, hell, even with the ROTS game where the alternate ending have Vader kill Obi-wan and the Emperor and take over would make for an interesting infinity comic..

21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree..

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    As long as its a little while after Mustafar, yes... and no suit while we're at it.;)

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I would read that with great interest.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    And no, I don't want some FANFIC version either...:p

rumsmuggler likes this.
  25. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Fortunately, the PT doesn't explain every little detail and introduces quite a few puzzles of its own:

- The feel of the ancient history behind the Republic, Jedi Order and the Sith. The Sith want their revenge, the Jedi claim the Sith were the oppressors...
    - The prophecy - was it misread or not?
    - Darth Plageuis - did he really achieve immortality? Could he have created Anakin by manipulating the infamous midichlorians?
    - Why was Qui-Gon at odds with the Council? Was he the only adherent of the "Living force" doctrine?
    - What's involved in the Jedi Trial? (they're mentioned, but never shown).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.