main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Do People Want to See in the New Films?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ArchStanton1862, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Hearing a lot of speculation and theories based on not very much I'm curious to hear what approach people think the sequels should take when tackling the saga? I'm particularly curious what aspects of the leaked images/information and/or rumors people feel are living up to their desired sequel and which aren't.

For my part I want these films to have a very clear separation from the films that came before. I don't mean a radical division where the plot's completely unconnected and all the characters dead, but each of the trilogies has its own overarching storyline with some loose tendrils connecting it to the other films. They've also focused on different generations of people. My biggest fear is that the original cast will dominate this film to the point where it feels like a Greatest Hits album rather than an actual film. They need to let the new cast establish itself and grow without smothering them. Which was apparently what Michael Arndt was aiming at until J.J. decided to trot out the big boys for one last show. And while people might like the sound of that it doesn't bode well for having a consistent and self-contained trilogy.

Which is why I'm so happy seeing so many leaked images establishing the new cast members. They certainly seem like they're focusing on the new guys rather than leaving the old cast as the prime movers. I know these aren't representative of the whole film, but it seems like Daisy and John will be facing substantial dangers on their own and will face off against the lead villain (or maybe henchman) apparently by themselves. Add to that the fact that the two of them are hilarious together on their Twitter feeds and Boyega has shown himself a good actor (and badas) in a previous Scifi film and I've got a good feeling about their performances here.

Aside from that what I want to see are:
    An established Republic of some sort. It'd be a bit silly if they're still rebels after all these years.

Some actual consequences of the years of open conflict. The galaxy should look worn down.
    It should also look dirty and used, more like the OT and less like the PT.

If it is going for more moral ambiguity I'd like to see the Imperials and the Rebels cooperating somewhat over a greater threat. Maybe Boyega isn't quite as ex- an Imperial as people say?

An evil guy. Just sayin'. Every film needs one of those. =D=

Alright, specifically I'd like to see a really evil guy who somehow represents a real danger to the Jedi order and the Republic. In other words not just another Sith Lord who rose up after the last two died, but someone who changes the perceived rules somehow. Like maybe his order was pulling Vader's and the Emperor's strings from a distance. Or maybe he found some ancient wisdom that allows him to power up more than regular Force users. Or possibly an idea like that that's actually good. :p Either way he should be cloaked in secrecy. Previous villains have all been pretty brazen about their appearance which would make a skulking but powerful figure a welcome change.

More Skywalkers, or at least the Skywalker bloodline. This lineage has been at the heart of Star Wars since the beginning and for continuity's sake I think they should stick with it. They could get away with having non-Skywalker leads but keeping Luke around as an important supporting character I suppose. It would give a sort of growth arc to the series with the PT showing the Skywalker family as a child wanting everything, the OT showing them as a teenager seeking his own path, and the ST showing him as a mentor.

Anyway, that's what I want to see. It's a little vague on details but that's fine because it allows the movies to fill them in for me. So what do other people want in their sequels?

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I want to see space battles, and lightsaber duels, and cool emotional scenes with John Williams' Force theme playing in the background, and ships jumping into hyperspace, and gratuitous nudity. Lots of gratuitous nudity.

Zer0, markdeez, TKT and 2 others like this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would like see more riding creatures, land speeders, speeder bikes, etc. You know, things that the average person in Star Wars would use in their lives.

4. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    I'd like to see some more lightsaber color variety! From Mace Windu we know there's more than just green, blue, and red. Yellow or orange would be cool to see IMO.

5. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    One total badass of a villain, Loads of awesome lightsaber duels with good usage of force powers thrown in, loads of new planets including both dark side and light side planets (Korriban, Drumund Kaas or whatever it's called and Ossus or Nar Shaada (Sorry I know my spelling is awful)). But mainly I just want the Jedi not to look like brainless morons, obviously sometimes the bad guys have to win some, but I want them to at least sense something or have a kind of idea that something is not right or someone is suspicious.

Basically in short, Intelligent and badass villain, Cool, Intelligent Jedi, Lots of cool lightsaber and force fights, Cool planets and most of all a cool story.

6. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Strong storyline, strong characters. More depth to outer space scenes (nebulae, etc.). Truly stunning and original planets. Better looking spacecraft than OT ships.

7. Darth Lurker

Darth Lurker Jedi Knight star 1

May 24, 2014
    I don't really want to see a lightsaber even ignite until the final act of the film. Even then, I only want it to be an OMG kind of moment. There were so many lightsabers in the PT it looked like a college rave and it kind of burned me out.

And yes, I'm a fanboy. I want to see the man in black, and I don't mean Johnny Cash. (But holy crap how cool would that be?) [face_laugh]

8. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    Leias ----------------------------------

9. Jerome83

Jerome83 Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2014
    Good dialogues, super awesome villain(s), a cheecky Han Solo and a Wookie ripping some arms off :)

markdeez and CarboniteSolo like this.
  10. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I want someone who is going to tease and taunt the hero/heroine like Vader did. I wish Darth Maul would have spoken while fighting Qui-gon and Obi-wan, it would have made a more interesting fight and Darth Maul would have slipped and revealed stuff to Obi-wan before trying to kill him. Obi-wan could have revealed to Mace Windu or Yoda what Darth Maul had told him. It would have been the best thing about Episode I. Instead, Darth Maul just stood around with his arms folded and we finally got to see him fight at the end, but no dialogue.

I want a training scene much like Yoda and Luke, but Luke training her and maybe others too.

I want the heroes to suffer pain and loss, like when Han Solo was being tortured. You need to see the real pain in their eyes. You have to make their efforts count when they are up against the impossible.

These are some of the things that made The Empire Strikes Back so good. It felt almost real, their performances were great.

I would like to see new different bounty hunters, something like Boba Fett, but even better and far more dangerous. I want to see new crime lords, much like Jabba, but not a Hutt, a new alien creature, feared just like Jabba was.

I want to see the hero fail, get back up and try again and use the force to figure things out.

markdeez likes this.
  11. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    missa can likein to see new kinds of characters, particular whena it comein to different occupations

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I want to see a mix of the best of the OT and the Prequels.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd like to see the spirit of all six existing films honored, yet also have the ST feel like something unique to the overall Star Wars landscape.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A shrubbery

Redimet, Seeher and Satipo like this.
  15. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    My fan idea of the plot might be to your liking. It's a darker, downbeat version of SW Ep 7:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-7-echoes-of-the-past.50023914/#post-51893929

markdeez likes this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I just want it to be epic. And that means that the villain, or villains, have to have some grand scheme in place. But it also has to get personal, too. If it connects to the past films, then, great. But it doesn't have to, so long as the movies make sense in the context of when the story takes place. I don't want the main villains to be drug cartels, space pirates, or just a group of mercenaries out to make a buck. These are fine as ancillary characters, but not the real threat, itself.

17. kanan katarn

kanan katarn Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2014
    im just fanboy-ing out a bit here but i would like it if jon boyega's characters name was kyle katarn. rogue stormtrooper turned jedi it would be awesome

18. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I wanna see...

[​IMG]

markdeez likes this.
  19. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I'd like to see:

*an original story that isn't just a reworked version of a prior story
    *original characters that aren't just reworked versions of prior characters
    *original designs that aren't just reworked versions of prior designs
    *original ideas...you get the picture.

For example, bounty hunters were first introduced with Greedo in the original, and then in ESB with a bunch of them. That was cool and it fit the story beautifully. The sheer idea of bounty hunters in space was cool and the designs were fantastic. But now, you get to the Prequels and some random shapeshifter bounty hunter is part of the story. Oh and don't forget Boba Fett's dad too. Maybe this time around we leave bounty hunters out of it and find some other occupation that can be made badass.

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Triple bladed lightsaber. It'd be absolutely awesome.

21. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    boobies, explosions and fart jokes of course.

22. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Honestly, I just want the ST to be an honest continuation of the Saga that doesn't feel forced or disconnected.

23. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    I want to be rooting for the heroes only to later find out that they are actually the antagonist and of course more of this:

[​IMG]

24. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

So, Guardians of the Galaxy?

25. jaxbrah

jaxbrah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
    i wouldnt mind the new villians be from another galaxy entirely. maybe and ancient order that used to reside in the star wars galaxy but moved on to conquor in another galaxy. imperials and the republic would have to fight together

Force Smuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.