main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ What do Star Wars fans think?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Nov 19, 2006.

?

What do Star Wars fans think?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. New Waterfront Stadium

62.5%
  2. Revamp Eden Park

25.0%
  3. Something Else

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    same with Tv3 news running opinion polls throughout their news hour, $0.99 per call - stuff that.

even polls leading up to elections, i've never been polled, and have never heard of anyone i know or even anyone than anyone knows that i know (lol) so i wonder how they figure it out :p

2. RedRaptorOne

RedRaptorOne Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    You missed the placing a fourth option their mate.

4. Don't like rugby and disagree with my tax money being spent on such a wastefull use of resources that I personally will never use as I am a member of the 75% of New Zealand that DOESN'T live in Auckland.

Put a tick next to that box for me please. [face_batting]

3. RedRaptorOne

Jul 25, 2002
    Sorry, missed one point, which by the way, all of you guys failed to mention. Don't you think a little, bitty, wee snag like not having a venue with sufficient seating and facilities to host any events should have been considered, and dare I say it, planned upon BEFORE we attempted to get this silly World Cup to our shores? The fact that it wasn't even considered prior should lead to a serious review of matters. Is this bring any visions of the Tokyo Olympics to anyone else? 'Sorry Sir, you can't use those stairs. The concert isn't cured yet.'

Just thought I'd point that out, as it hasn't even been mention yet. I don't remember hearing even the media say anything to that effect, but I could be wrong.

4. RedRaptorOne

Jul 25, 2002
    I find it hard to believe no one agrees with me... [face_worried]

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    It's against my religion to agree with people

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Who's going to foot the bill for all the case studies and concept drawings when there was no guarantee that NZ would even get the cup?

What happened is that before they cup hosting was won, Eden Park gave a figure of estimated upgrade.

Then a few months back they came back with a greatly revised figure. The government (rightly) figured if we're gonna give x-million dollars to a privately held company, lets look at the option of spending a little more money to build a publically owned stadium that can be used for more than a few rugby matches and ODIs and which isn't located in the middle of a suburb with poor public transport access and no car parking.

And then all hell broke loose... :(

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    well ... personally I couldn't give a toss about rugby. Never been the least bit interested. But everybodys tax money gets spent everymore. Significantly _more_ than 75% of the population live outside of Wellington, but we all paid for Te Papa, etc. etc. But, meh ... stadium or no stadium ... don't really care. (Feel better now RedRaptorOne?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.