main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY What do we do know? Meetings?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK everyone listen up, especially you newer members. This may be longer then it has to be and I may repeat my self but just bare with me. Know that Ep.2 is here and we planned and executed our T shirts and Ep.2 viewing, what do you guys want to do at meetings. The usual is show and tell of collectibles, but for some of our members that's not really there thing. After a little while people get bored and leave. Some have other things to do and must leave, but some, I am sure, leave because they are bored. Yes, our recent meetings have been fine because of the Ep.2 excitement, but like last time, with Episode 2 already here we could see another problem. To be perfectly honest I see why people could get bored and leave. That cannot always be helped of course, but some people leave without expressing there feelings and never come back. So if you ever think things are getting stale, speak up and tell us what you would like to do different. And remember this club is only as interesting and fun as we all make it. So speak up and communicate before giving up on it. One persons idea could spark many other different ideas in other members minds. Even if you think its impossible or a little corny go for it anyway. There are all kinds of other things we could do and share with each other at meetings. Back before Dean was a member, I think it was before the special editions came out I came up with an idea to come up with a club mascot. The plan was to have all members think up a character design and then vote on it. I was not a good writer or artist, but I came up with a character design anyway and did quite a write up for it. Then the club went down hill after the SE's and it never happened. This is something that maybe some of you would like to do. Maybe we could at least have a little contest or just do it for fun. It would not be based on artistic skill, but just the idea itself. I will bring my design to the next meeting. There are always other activities we could do like games and stuff. Maybe some of you are into poetry or other artistic stuff. Share it with the group. I do not want to see this club go inactive again like it has until at least after Ep.3. Something's are beyond our control, but lets try. Let me know if you have any ideas. I do not care how to small, to big, or to goofy you think it is. Give me your ideas. email directly at swfreakjpb@aol.com. I want to help people with activities that they would like to see it happen. If everyone is contempt with just showing off some toys and talking about SW in general that's fine, some members are more into it then others. If you would like to do more, speak up.

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yes I know I spelled that wrong. Its "what do we do now" , not know.

3. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    thats ok :) well my sister and I have been talking about a couple things. Are we having a summer picnic? I think that would be a fun thing to plan and do. Also, we want to possbly make a fanfilm this summer with the club. They are only usually about 20 minutes long and we have Dean with his filming knowledge so I think that's a good idea. I like the mascot thing too ;)

4. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    we could even make a series of fanfilms or something if there was interest... i dunno... we'll think of something, even if it's just dueling with plastic lightsabers. :p ;)

5. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    you plan to be coordinated of course right :p

6. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    making a fan film is much more than just filming it. you will need special effects added, and that would require the BIG PC to do it.... I'm all for the Fan Film idea... do we have the idea for what it would be about?

7. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    we were randomly talking about ideas for it at Kaitlyn's house the other day... One was A Day in the Life of a Jedi or something, which would be sort of a comedy type of thing. :D or some random complicated plot would work, too... :D

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Thats cool. Sounds great.

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Planning all this is all fun and games, but here stands the question: When?

10. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    summer. or other times when we feel like it. ;)

11. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and found out about it cuz one of the cameramen for FoxNews at the Episode II premiere had on a Greater Rochester Star Wars Fan Club T-shirt. So I searched for it on the internet and came across this forum. For a brief intro, my name is Ryan and I am a 21 yr old RIT college student. I am big into collecting figures and yes I was one of the freaks who dressed up for the Episode II premiere :) I got alot of rap from some of my "not-so-diehard" friends for that but I didn't care cuz I managed to get on Fox News and News10 NBC.

Anyway, I am very interested in making a fan film this summer with you guys. This club sounds really cool and I would really like to be a part of it. If anyone wants to chat, feel free to e-mail me at ryan@ryanjones.net. Also, you can check out my pics from the Episode II premiere by clicking here. Talk to you all soon!

--Ryan

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Welcome to the club, the guy you saw with the shirt at the premiere was our infamous leader Dean the club President.

I'm Scott, 22 yr old RIT Dropout, Suny Brockport Student whos pretty big into the 3.75 line.

The last Saturday of the month is coming. We meeting soon?

13. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Welcome!!! and I certanly hope we havin the meetin.
    -John Kemnitz

14. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    yes, let's make the meeting for then.

And I'm glad that someone joined who knows what they're doing with fanfilm stuff (right?). Because all I know is how to use the camcorder and act like an idiot in front of the camera. :p ;) Welcome, Ryan. ;) I'm Nicky, I'm 16, and I'll be a junior at Mercy next year. My sister is Alison (TheEmperorsHand) and remember that she's younger than me. People keep thinking that she's older and it annoys me to no end. :p ;) I remember seeing you on the news (I was sadly watching the clock count down to midnight while I wasn't at the premiere. :( ). Alison, Adri, Kaitlyn, Chris, and I dressed up for our premiere (later on the 16th...), so don't feel like you were the only one or anything. :p ;). Feel free to email me at pennylane1138@aol.com. ;)

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi Ryan, I'm Chris. *waves* I'm 16, and a Junior at School of the Arts next year, I don't have any siblings in the club like Nicky over there. Uh, I may be able to help you out in the FF if you know how, cause I sort of know how to edit and I'm a good camera man. I took a class last year at my school. Theatre Tech is the best major over at my school. ;) :D Later Days

16. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Hey Chris and Nicky,

This fan film can be really cool if we do it right. I am an Information Technology major at RIT and goin into my 4th year so I know alot about techology, a/v editing and stuff. If you guys would like, you can check out my Star Wars Whassup?! Parody I created back when Episode I came out. Lemme know whatcha think. :)

--Ryan

17. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Aug 21, 2000
    :D :D :D

Of course, we'll need to have some semblance of a plot other than us running around attacking anything that moves with lightsaber props. ;) :p Any ideas?

18. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    If theres anything I can do to help with the fanfilm lemme know I'd be glad to.
    -John Kemnitz

19. JediAgent

May 17, 2002
    Hey Guys,

I am gonna start a new topic for the Fan Film idea. Feel free to post there!

--Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.