main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do we need in the way of threads to prepare for the Indy DVDs?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jp-30, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, we've had one ore two "general" threads for Indy Jones DVDs for the past year or so.

But now with their release days away, just wondering if we should have a few specific "official" threads up and ready to go for the influx of visitors this forum may get.

Suggestions;

A Review thread, for links to 3rd party reviews & self-written ones.

A general "I got the DVDs, ha ha ha" type thread.

A thread to discuss bonus features

A thread to discuss the technical aspects of the DVD transfer.

A thread to discuss easter eggs etc.

Is there a need for all those?

What might be a better idea is to simply wait until new unique threads are started, and them rename them (if necessary) to suit and add them to our forum index.

Any thoughts?

2. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Good ideas.

Another thought is that as well as the "I got the DVDs, ha ha" thread we just have a specific thread for each DVD ie. all the Raiders discussion goes into one thread, etc.

Or we could just make it up as we go along. :)

3. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Perhaps 3 as we are heading toward things getting out of hand. There is already one thread about the date and another about free stuff that could be consolidates.

Probably one thread for the "ha ha I got it" type of comments. That way those that want to can avoid it. Another one to discuss the films and a third one about the other aspects (transfer, documentaries, tech aspects, etc.). Just my opinion.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sounding good.

I think I'll adapt the existing DVD threads for the various discussions. And I agree, hopefully 3 threads will be enough to catch the bulk.

I'll have a go at all that this evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.