main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Do We Want in a Web Site?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Before I get started building a website for our group, I want to be sure we will be around for awhile. This means a growth in membership and members whom post on our board regularly. I am afraid that the hype will die down after ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

Anyway, I created this thread to get everyone's input on what our web site should be like. Any and all ideas are welcome. Feel free to create links to sample STAR WARS fan clubs and pictures you would like to have incorporated into the site.

In order to give us a starting point I created a temporary site. I did this in about 3 hours. Damn, my Internet connection is slow! I can't wait to get a DSL connection. I decided to do this when I was not able to email a sample of my proposed banner set to JEDI-SOLO. I hate not being able to do something :) !

Well, at least we will have a place to host pictures in the interim. Right?

Here it is: FanForce Acadiana, the website! :D

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The website looks great! It will only improve in time!

3. just_Jeffery

just_Jeffery Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Holy snikes! I need to hook you up with a copy of Frontpage 2000! That should have taken you like 10 minutes!

Good start... but what's up with Kiss? Has Lucas replaced Nsync with Kiss? :p

Jeffery

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm a beginner in the web site building business. I do want to spend some time with you building our actual site. This is just a hold-me-over type thing.

5. just_Jeffery

just_Jeffery Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    I need to find my Frontpage disk... it really makes everything very simple... just like doing a flyer or anything like that... no html at all.

let me know when you'll be at church next and Ill make sure to make copies of that and the two Star Wars Making the Magics (original trilogy and E1)...

Jeffery

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm coming to church in a little while. I did not use any html. I used a site called Trellix.

Well, I did manipulated the code a little bit.

The thing that takes me so long is all of the text editing. I want it to sound and read professionally. Deciding where everything goes is a pain too. Most of the time I don't like where I stick stuff at first. I then change it and have to suffer through an online update of my work.

I have published things with MicroSoft Word before and I even have a trial copy of Page Craft that I used for a class assignment once. I would love to "PURCHASE" ;) a copy of FrontPage2000.

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Hey,

I have been looking around for free web space to hold our actual site. At the recommendation of just_Jeffery I found some space at 50Megs.Com.

Check It Out

"I forsee we will have a grand website!"

8. countdown-no

countdown-no Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2001
    Howdy,

Shaun here from Countdown New Orleans (countdownneworleans.com)

If you need any help with websites, etc... drop me a line. I could probably edit a layout I have for CNO (online at 10ct) for ya or maybe try to come up with another layout. Just an idea to help ya out since we're stuck at work in New Orleans, hehe.

I've got some web designing experience under my belt and I'm usually pretty up to doing new projects...usually.. :eek:pSites I've done

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Thank you that is very kind of you!

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes. Thank you very much for your interest. I reviewed your work. It's very clean and to the point. Signs of experience. If I have questions I'll get back to you.

For now, I think it's just a matter of seeing where this group is going. Off the charts I hope, but we will see.

Also, I'm have no clue at this point how I want it to look. I am learning HTML rather quickly and look forward to the experience. I will stay in touch.

By the way, the icon you have chosen is also clean - it sort of reflects your websites. I gather you like the color white. :D

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Calling All Current Members as Editors!

We may have visitors soon at our website. Please take some time and go through the website with a fine tooth comb and let me know what you feel of the experience. Look for broken links (almost everything on the site is a link), lack of information, SPELLING and GRAMMER errors. I really want the new people, that I hope jump on board, get good first impression of our group. Thanks!

Swampsurfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.