main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you do for a hobbie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by TT_Boy, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Besides reading books and costuming what other hobbies does anyone have.

for me, I build and fly R/C planesm,build models and paintball. But I think the paintball is more of a sport.

It's a "know your fanforce groups" topic.

2. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    A few things:

I'm a certified grammar nazi. It's hobby, BTW.

I collect hot sauces. Currently, I have more than 500 different bottles.

I do some landscaping, but only if it involves me getting in over my head. Here's a pic of work I did in my front yard from a couple years ago.

I'm a domain junkie. I register domains for no real reason. Some of them are actual Web sites.

I run. Sometimes in the mud. I also lift 2-3 days per week. Racquetball is a developing hobby.

I shop, but the way my wife and I do it, it could be considered a sport.

I love rap. I have since my first Fat Boys cassette way back in fourth grade. I'm not entirely thrilled with the direction the genre is heading in the mainstream, but the underground movement is keeping the original art true to its heritage. For more, check out www.the411online.com. It's a little Web site I helped start that gets about 2 million visitors per month.

I cook a lot. Unless you're baking, recipes are a suggestion, not a mandate. Alton Brown is my god.

3. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    I live a boring life. We spend most of our free time involved with sports for our son Jordan. This weekend he is finishing basketball and he is on a traveling baseball team which has been practicing since the beginning of January.

I am on the Rock Island County Fairboard and really enjoy helping with the fair each year. It looks like we are going to have Kenny Schrader here on Tuesday of the fair and he is going to race in a couple of the races with a car a local driver is providing.

We day trip to Galena or Mississippi Palisades park and to Chicago when we can.

4. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    I am an active role-player. I play mostly White Wolf games (World of Darkness) I have role-played dungeons and dragons & Star Wars D20.

I also paint miniature figurines. I also collect dragons and ducks.

I also am involved with the local Scott county kennel club and am working on learning how to participate in dog shows. With my dog I am working on obedience and agility training.

5. Mandalorian_Bad-Ass

Mandalorian_Bad-Ass Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    That is so wonderful that your dog is teaching you obedience!! HAAHAHAAA

Aside from collecting... I am an avid KARAOKE SUPERSTAR!!! Aint that right JediGal?? she gets all hot and bothered when she comes to see me sing...hahahahahaha!!!

6. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    I do have to confess that I was rather surprisingly impressed with your singing talents.

7. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I like to watch karoke but I get up there and try it. I dont drink so I think that has something to do with it. Now my wife on the other hand does drink lol.

QCJEDIGAL, What kinda dog do you have?

8. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    I personally have a toy poodle that I'm working on training for dog shows, currently I help my mom show her boxers.

9. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I'll show you my briefs ...

10. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Hey now.

I'm a geek girl. Certified.

I roll play, read books, watch movies, SW costuming & light prop making, my car is decked out for Road Squadron, I'm an Admin on our FF off sight EZBoards, I'm a CR & RSA on here, Central Base Commander for the Rebel Legion, part of Star Wars Chicks, part of the Jedi Broad Squad, official ambassador for MNFF to the states of WI, CO, and AZ, and proud member of The Vampire Hunter's Union #542. I do Renaissance costuming and I also occationally work there. Work full time & have a full time boyfriend.

1 4l50 c4n 5p33k 1n l337!!! :p :D

11. QCJediGal

Mar 12, 2005
    It's good to know there's other certified geek girls out there!!!

12. Thralleon

Thralleon Jedi Knight

Apr 21, 2004
    CCG playing metal head
    Mainly M:TG, but with a significant Decipher Star Wars collection. Thanks in part to Steve for his generous supply.

13. toymastermatt

toymastermatt Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Outside of collecting star wars toys and Gentle Giant's line of star wars items:
    *I've collected comic books avidly since 1980-mainly Marvel titles, but have a variety of DC and independent titles.
    *Collect Marvel Legend action figures
    *Collected the Simpsons toy line by Playmates toys
    *Collect all Marvel mini busts by Bowen Designs
    *Greatly enjoy spending time with my wife, five year old daughter and our dogs

14. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    My 7 year old son collects Hot Wheels Monster Jam Trucks. He has over 30 of the 1:64 scale, several of the 1:45 scale and 6 of the 1:24 scale. They are in between a curio cabinet and the wall, in perfect order. When he finishes playing with one he puts back in the same spot. I even have to ask him before I can pick them up. On the off chance we are having someone over and they have kids, he picks them all up and puts them in the closet. He has 1 friend he allows to play with them and only because he gets it when it comes to monster trucks.

We are even considering going out to Kill Devil Hills NC this year on vacation to see the shop where Gravedigger is from. Plus Dennis Anderson, the owner and main driver has dates he will be there for autographs.

15. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I collect figures. I used to collect Batman stuff but I grew tired of it. I sold off most of the Bat stuff.

Non Star Wars hobbies:
    At work I watch the helicopters land-not certain if that qualifies as a hobby but they are fun to watch.

I volunteer teach for JA. I volunteer at my church. I am working with a group similar to Habitat for Humanity.

I work on political campaigns-it is about to become the busy season for politics.

Avid reader of Vince Flynn novels! Go Mitch Go!

16. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I like to collect Star Wars, monster trucks, draw on the computer, build models and go camping.

17. qc-jedi_master_damek

qc-jedi_master_damek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I am a Film director, Song Writer and Actor. I am also a Karaoke Star I go by the name of Mattallica at RIBCO in the District also where M B A Sings GOOOO JOHNNY ROCKET!!!

I Have Writen and Directed one Full lenght Film and Am now Currently Filming the Two Sequels Any body that want's to be an extra and play with swords give me a call at 1-309-737-2945. I'm also looking for one more lead role and he is a nasty bad guy.

18. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I label my self as an artist, I scrapbook, RPG online, forums, collect Star Wars stuff (mainly Boba Fett), I also like to play around with my comp graphics program a LOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.