main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX What do you do...what do you do?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Chris-M, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-M

Chris-M Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    How about a little roleplaying exercise?

Suppose you were off in the American hinterlands somewhere, like the Marriott in downtown Akron, Ohio, and you got on the elevator going down from the 16th floor or whatever. It's like 11:00 at night or so and there aren't a lot of people up and about the hotel at that point. Right before the doors close George Lucas gets on the elevator with you and he's by himself.

In all seriousness -- all joking and false bravado about hitting him in the head and screaming "That's for Jar-Jar!" aside -- what would you really do?

--Chris M.

2. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    get out on the very NEXT floor,
    then reach back in and press all the elevator buttons.
    then say, "that's for greedo shooting first"

3. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    I would have to ask how far along the project on real lightsabers is. Is there anything I can do to help? Funding? Sparring partner? Test dummy?

Do not tell me someone somewhere (hopefully The Flannel One) is working on creating real sabers. I've said it before, I'll say it again: When real lightsabers are invented, I do not care what the cost is - I will beg, borrow AND steal to get one.

4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    LOL... I've often said that I could rule the world if I had a lightsaber and a speeder bike.

Seriously, though, a private audience for GL? I'd probably ask for a part in EIII or at least a job with Lucasfilm or ILM.

5. Chris-M

Chris-M Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Yeah, like if real lightsabers are invented they'll be available to the general public. That wouldn't cause any trouble. :) Imagine the street gangs of LA armed with lightsabers -- there's a fun thought.

As for me and GL, I'd probably just say "hi" and ask for an autograph (mostly just to prove to you guys that I actually met the guy -- the only autograph I currently own is Michael Moorcock's, although I met Roger Zelazny and didn't get his autograph and now wish that I had). If I were feeling particularly spunky I might bring up the issue of employment ("I know you get this all the time, but..."). And I'd keep my opinions on the prequels to myself. :)

--Chris M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.