main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you expect (changes) for the Episode 3 DVD?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by poker, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I expect a longer movie, more duel action (less cut and paste between scenes) and some new music (or louder).

I would like it if they could edit the sound and voices in the turning scene, the mix is strange. No music, strange voices from actors.

ADD SOME JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE PLEASE!

2. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    DarthSapient is going to get tired of typing soon....

3. Darth_Revan___

Darth_Revan___ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    1. cut vaders noooooooooooo
    2. make padma die from anakins force grip and the birth of the twins

4. r0b0_tr0n

r0b0_tr0n Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Not a damn thing.

5. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    The rebellion scenes. More of the duel will be added, like the pod race. Maybe the Qui-gon scene.

The biggest change will be all of the people who are moaning about who the effects aren't that great and the movie is too dark, because they haven't seen the digital version, and they'll change their opinion when they see it.

6. lexluthor88

lexluthor88 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    longer please!!!
    1..more scenes
    2..droid voices changed back to normal
    3..like someone said above more music
    oyeah and longer!!!

darth crispy how do you know that stuff who told you
    sounds good

7. Shaak-Fan

Shaak-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    I hope they add more to the Mace Vs Palps fight by having Kit and the other jedi last longer than 1 sec a peice.

8. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    by having kit and those others die so quickly shows how powerful mace is. i just hope the droids voices change to normal, and what did you mean about pod racing??

9. lexluthor88

lexluthor88 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    yeah what do you mean pod raceing???

10. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    McCallum pretty much confirmed the Rebellion scenes. I would imagine a few more minutes of the duel, maybe more of the dialogue during it. Obi-wan says to Anakin that he was too young to train him after he tells him he failed him. I hope more of this dialogue is there. Its even more powerful.
    As for Qui-gon, that's my wish. Seeing as it was filmed and was cut out, hopefully it would be included and not on a deleated scenes reel.
    I understand why the scenes were cut out of the theatrical release, but DVD's are for fans and we can sit well with an extra 15 minutes of talking and politics and a CGI character talking to an off-screen voice.

11. kainangmar

kainangmar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Change the Droid voices. No voices for the Vulture droids. More scenes. Longer Order 66 sequence. More emotional "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" from Vader. Less screaming from Windu. Anakin actually killing some Jedi in more than a hologram. Add Wat Tambor's death. Add A scene with Obi-Wan at Padme's before Anakin asks if he's been there. His force choke killing her. Yoda on Dagobah. Better explanation of the passage of time. Some clones being killed by more than Yoda.

12. willism21

willism21 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I think he ment that in the DVD release of Episode I, they expanded the podrace sequence so it was much longer, and he wants something like that done to Episode III

As for the beginnings of the Rebellion, I have no problem with Mon Mothma and Organa discussing it, but I have a problem if the Rebel Alliance just springs into existance just like that, it takes time, it's going to take 20 years for it to form, were not going to see it just like that in Episode III...

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

If they cut the Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and redo the "No No No" from Palps, I would be happy.

That Palps "No No No" reminds me of a scene in "Singin' in the Rain".

Can you name the scene - fact fans?

UKS

14. Darth-Mule

Darth-Mule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Add the Qui-Gon scene - if it exists. If it doesn't, it shouldn't be hard to make it. Hell the finished 5 or 6 deleted scenes just for the TPM dvd.

After Anakin's eyes turn yellow - make them stay yellow.

Add the scene where Yoda & Obi-Wan confront the clones disguised as Jedi at the temple.

15. anakins_hair

anakins_hair Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    shaak tis beheading, back in!

16. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    I think there may be one scene added to the cut. Possibly the scene discussing the rebellion or the Qui-Gon discussion. I wouldn't know which to bet on. There won't be more duel footage I don't think. Why does anyone want more? There's about 10 full minutes of Anakin and Obi-Wan clashing sabers at lightning quick speed. Too much of it if you ask me.

You have to ask what isn't needed for the short-term theatrical release but what will work well for the definitive DVD release (i.e. for the boxset, episodes 1-6). I think the above two scenes are perfect examples and I would expect one or both to be added into the cut.

Personally, I was always disappointed that Padme and Obi-Wan's first meeting was cut. From the rushes we saw on the webdoc there seemed to be real warmth and humanity to that scene. Guess we'll see it at some point though

17. DarthNolan

DarthNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    God I hope they make the duel longer. That would make me very happy.

18. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    hopefully lucas will add back jay leno's and matt damons characters. There really good actors (well at least matt damon) and it was a shame they where cut.

19. KiddSketch

KiddSketch Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I figure they'd atleast include the Rebellion forming scene and the Qui Gon scene in at least the special features of the DVD. As for the actual film itself...dont really know what to expect.

20. DarkPrime

DarkPrime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    There DEFINATELY needs to be an Extended Edition DVD for this movie, it would fly off the shelves.

1. More action with the Wookies. Chewbacca and Yoda.
    2. Forming of Rebellion. Padme, Bail, Mon Mothma.
    3. Dagobah. Yoda.
    4. Duel. Obi-Wan and Anakin. (what happened to the 15min duel we were promised?)
    5. Jedi Temple. Anakin, Shak-Ti, random Jedi.

Screw deleted scenes; I want to be able to watch this within the actual movie. Extended edition!

21. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    They won't change the droid voices. They were funny anyway.

22. Vader_Apprentice

Vader_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    How about they put in all of the stuff they cut out.

23. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    4. Duel. Obi-Wan and Anakin. (what happened to the 15min duel we were promised?)

We were never promised a 15 minute duel.

24. DarthNolan

DarthNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    It was more like 12 minutes

25. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Lucas won't change sweet FA. He'll wait untill all 6 films are all re-released on DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.