main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you expect (changes) for the Episode 3 DVD?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by poker, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNolan

DarthNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Before the film was released Hayden was on TRL London. And when the presenter asked him about "the amazing 12 minute long duel which is apparently the longest swordfight on film" Hayden looked quite puzzled and dodged the question.

It all makes sense now ive seen the film....

2. Leonidas

Leonidas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2003
    We GOT 15 minutes! They always said Duels. They never said it would be 15 straight minutes of Obi-Wan Vs Anakin. It was Duels that stretched between Planets. And that is what we got.

I'd have JeJ redo the "NOOOOOOOOO" to give it more impact. As it stands it deflates too fast. Give it some power.

3. DarthTrump

DarthTrump Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    In The Book "Art of Revenge of The Sith" there is a series of shots set at the end of the movie that show Yoda landing on Dagoba I would like to see that series of shots for the dvd

4. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    No offense, guys, but judging from what I have read, some of you are going to be pretty dissappointed when the DVD comes out if you really expect to see some of these changes.

5. Sithlightening

Sithlightening Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I'd love to see a whole new film with a convincing story. That'd be a brilliant DVD.

6. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Nothing needs to be added. The film is perfect the way it is but if filmed it would be cool to see the Qui Gon scene and Yoda on Dagobah which I understand is in the digital version of the film and will therefore probably be put on the DVD version.

And longer duels - what do you people want? You are not satisfied with four duels. I guess people will never be happy with the length of the lightsaber duels but at least with Obi Wan vs. Dooku (Clones) it was understandable as it was far too short. That isn't the case here. Anakin vs. Obi is about ten minutes long (twice as long as duel of the fates), isn't that enough?

7. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    - NO REBELLION SCENES!
    - Longer Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

8. Sithlightening

Sithlightening Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005

'The film is perfect'

What film did you see Quigonnhrifn?

9. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    All I want entered in the DVD is the Qui-Gon scene. It would be cool if they had 2 versions on the DVD, a theatrical cut and an extended edition, but realistically that won't happen, so I will just be happy that they will have all of the deleted scenes on the 2nd disc.

If they add anything to the duels I hope it is just all of the lines that were cut.

10. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    I hope "The Rebellion scene" will be added and Qui-Gon's voice over.

11. lexluthor88

lexluthor88 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    darth crispy
    do you think they will change the droid voices back to normal??

12. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    They better have a lot of deleated scenes!

They could include an un-edited version with longer scenes fights, and other jazz

13. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Possibly the Qui-Gon bit and more Order 66 and Temple assault.

But heck it is a perfect film, so it doesn't really needa ny of that stuff anyhow.

14. BuriedAlien

BuriedAlien Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    The Qui-Gon scene is not going to happen (visually, at least) unless Lucas hires Liam Neeson back for some *more* filming work on ROTS. No new Neeson-as-Qui-Gon footage was filmed during the making of ROTS.

15. Sifo-dyas1

Sifo-dyas1 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    In The Book "Art of Revenge of The Sith" there is a series of shots set at the end of the movie that show Yoda landing on Dagoba I would like to see that series of shots for the dvd

in the script there is a scene that goes like this..
    236 EXT. DAGOBAH-DAY

A small escape pod hurls toward the swamp planet and disappears in the mist. The pod has landed, and YODA descends the ramp, surveying the unfamiliar terrain.

16. Yodarth

Yodarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Get rid of vader's noooooooooo or do something about it.

Qui-Gon talking to Yoda scene. Right now its basically:
    Yoda: Obi-Wan, wait. Hey, you know you can talk to Qui-Gon right?
    So unexplained...

No starting of the Rebellion. On the Wordroll at the start of ANH they said the Rebellion just won it's first victory against the "evil Galactic Empire"...if they all formed up at the end of ROTS and they couldn't get more than a little room full of fighters by ANH then it's more like everyone was happy with the Empire and whoever formed a Rebellion at the end of ROTS was just afraid of change.

17. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    I expect to see Mon Mothma.

18. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    "No offense, guys, but judging from what I have read, some of you are going to be pretty dissappointed when the DVD comes out if you really expect to see some of these changes."

That about sums this thread up.

19. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    The Sidious/ Mace fight is going to have ONE small part put back that will make things more clear, for which side, im not sure.

It will be made clear if Palps was faking or not on the dvd however, of that im pretty certain.

20. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    A longer Duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan would be nice.

21. new0aprenttice

new0aprenttice Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    ""His force choke killing her.""

are u insane?if she had died because of the force choke everybody would still be crying,no way that can happen,GL had to show that the guy still had some humanity inside,that humanity would be as good as bull... if anakin actually had killed padme with his own hands.

22. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I wanna see...

- Shaak Ti's death back in
    - Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee's deaths
    - Redo "Noooo!"
    - The Rebellion conversation scene
    - Qui-Gon back in
    - Yoda langing on Dagobah back in

So my list is pretty standard, and pretty much what you all want.

23. cws80us

cws80us Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2003
    I expect the GL will hold back most of the real goodies for a subsequent release. The initial DVD will not differ much from the theatrical release and may have a few deleted scenes but not any of the good ones. We know he will release the definitive Episode I - VI version at some point. But, I suspect we'll get an Episode III "Extended" or "Special" or "Director's Cut" before then with the stuff that people really want to see. He may also go back and give us Extended versions of TPM and AOTC too before we get the full box set. Later, we'll get the 3D versions, then finally we'll get the original unchanged OT.

24. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I'm hoping that they'll add the Qui-Gon/Yoda scene into the actual movie instead of just being a deleted scene. Most unlikely but you never know.

25. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    "are u insane?if she had died because of the force choke everybody would still be crying,no way that can happen,GL had to show that the guy still had some humanity inside,that humanity would be as good as bull... if anakin actually had killed padme with his own hands."

Not to mention that the point was that Vader didnt kill her, yet Palpatine lied and told him he did. Shows Palpatine's evil, and how he never cared about Anakin or his wife. He was using his love of Padme the whole time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.