main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What do you hope Rey's story post Ep. IX end up being?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Feb 4, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Even if we get a fourth trilogy with Daisy Ridley in it a large portion of Rey's post Ep. IX story will still be told through NEU methods (by then I think we will probably just be able to call it the EU). So what would you like for her story to end up being. Restart another Jedi Order/have kids of her own that she can train....etc...etc....

I would like a large part of her post IX story to be about building the next Order. Where as Luke's destiny seemed to be to pass his knowledge onto just one Rey's will be to found an entire order that as the centuries pass in universe will begin to rival in numbers that of the Order Yoda lead.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  2. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Marries a pilot from the imperial remnant(not the first order, the real Imperials that signed the treaty with the NR). The pilot becomes imperial head of state, they have kids who found a new dynasty of Emperors.

Basically where what Del Rey was going to do with Jaina Solo.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I hope it's her (And, if he redeems himself, Ben) building an order, but on-screen (movie or television). I want to see a Jedi school for once.

4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Seeing her start and run a school would be cool. It would be in real time and not as backstories like we will see Luke's attempt at building an order. Also could introduce a bunch of main characters that aren't Skywalkers or Solos to where you would have no idea who would make it and who wouldn't. Even though Luke started an order in Legends since they decided to make so many Skywalker and Solo kids though you knew that the story would always revolve heavily around them and their upbringing.

Snax Rebo likes this.
  5. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I hope she dies....I never liked her. Honestly.

6. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Exactly! You can do so much with a new order! Missing out on that plot would be crazy! It's a great way to introduce new characters and move away from pre-established ones while still keeping a good mix of the two.

A heroic end would be unexpected. But without Rey, who else is gonna set up the future order? I'm not the biggest fan of her either, but she's literally our only hope.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  7. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Well, not necessarily heroic....she could slip and fall, ya' know. :p

I have one word for you, my friend: Luke. :D

I know that's not going to happen, though. :(

Rax and Snax Rebo like this.
  8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I might have some ideas after we see how her story in this trilogy actually plays out.

9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I hope she becomes a chef. Totally unexpected twist.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They will probably put a 10-year to 20-year moratorium on any stories set after Episode IX (aside from immediate, Aftermath-style stories), until they decide what to do with the next trilogy.

We're not going to return to the old post-ROTJ days.

But I do hope they don't recycle too many plots.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Sorry for the double-post, but if/when they do decide to cover it... and if it is about Rey starting a new Force culture (or renewing the Jedi order, but I find that less likely)... I really do hope they do it completely different from how Luke did it in the Old EU as well as what we know so far about the New Canon too. It should be completely new and different, with new issues and challenges and philosophical conundrums, etc.

Anakin.Skywalker and Snax Rebo like this.
  12. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm interested in what your idea of what they could do is. I don't know much about the old EU, but I know the NJO allowed relationships and focused on a more "hands-on" approach to training.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Perhaps she can learn about her Palpatine lineage? :D

I'm half serious/half joking

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

We've had Jedi depicted as:

*a master-apprentice relationship (OT, TOTJ)
    *an Academy with classes (Bantam, YJK, JJK... possibly canon post-ROTJ)
    *a centralized bureaucracy (PT, KOTOR, TOR)
    *military/special forces arm of the government (PT, DNT, LOTF)
    *a rogue military/special forces organization with a supreme commander (LOTF, FOTJ)
    *decentralized but linked temples, students expected to journey to all and specialize in one or two (DOTJ)

I don't think ANYONE wants to see the Jedi become a centralized bureaucracy, or be treated like military/special forces (government or rogue), ever again. And I think that was a main lesson of the PT... but then they decided to change the post-ROTJ universe to become more PT, with all its flaws and even more.

The master-apprentice relationship is good... but that's way too slow when starting with only 1 or 2.

The academy with classes... it's possible, if a little unoriginal, though we haven't seen it on-screen yet (except when we see Yoda with younglings in AOTC, though that's only for pre-teen Jedi).... but (maybe because none of us have seen TLJ or IX yet), this just doesn't seem like Rey's path. She's fiercely independent, and cutting her off from everyone to train with Luke, never really being associated with the Resistance... it just doesn't feel right. And since it's hinted that's how Luke began his first new generation of Jedi, it didn't go well, and he's refusing to do it again... I don't think it's the way.

Decentralized but linked (or even unlinked) temples would be nice, but again, not enough people to start off this way.

So I'm not really sure what the answer is...

However, something that's popped up in TFA and R1 is that there are people who believe in the Force, and might have some sensitivity to it, without being trained like the Jedi or Sith. There's the Church of the Force in TFA, with Kylo Ren attacking one of their camps. There's people like Chirrut, or even Lyra, in R1. I'm not sure yet... but maybe Rey's goal is to help bring about an "Awakening" of the Force in the general galactic population? I'm not necessarily talking about Force powers.... but people like Chirrut and Lyra and Jyn and Lor San Tekka. Helping all people believe in the Force, particularly closer to the Jedi views of harmony, and become sensitive to it. That would truly transform the galaxy, and make it much more difficult for people like Palpatine and Snoke and Kylo to take-over again. No longer an organization, but a culture and a way of life for everyone. As for those that are highly-sensitive, that would in another time become a Jedi or a Sith, Rey could just call them to come and join her... but she wouldn't teach them or be master over them, they would all learn together as equals with no hierarchy, and pass along what they learn to the whole galaxy.

Darth Basin and Snax Rebo like this.
  15. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    A kickass Jedi master but not the kind who moves moons with her mind or creating black holes to swallow entire starship fleets etc.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    If there is one thing that TFA does make clear it is that Rey wants to belong to something. I could see her really jumping into something like starting a Jedi Acadamy because as Maz said in TFA 'the belonging you seek is not behind you. It is ahead'

Ghost likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    True. But it doesn't necessarily have to be an academy.

Let me rephrase... I don't see Rey as being the Master of a new order, or the Dumbledore of Jedi Hogwarts.

Just being the first among peers, all of them learning together from experience.

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    That definitely could be. Whatever happens I do think Rey is going to become an important member of something. Rather it be a New Jedi Order, The Newest New Republic, starting a family and training her own kids in the ways of the force...etc...etc......they are definitely setting her up to be an important figure for something.

Darth Basin likes this.
  19. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Freaking re-canonize Legacy!

Darth Basin likes this.
  20. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I doubt that will happen. As good as it is, I doubt that they'll tolerate a lot of Legacy's content.

Darth Basin and Snax Rebo like this.
  21. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    Darth Talon's talons are a little too much for the nucanon. [face_laugh]

Ghost, very interesting. Good post! I always wanted to see the Jedi in a more samurai-like order, working loosely together and mostly independent. Nomads helping those in need across the Galaxy. That's just me, though.

22. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I still think Luke should be the one to found the new Jedi order. Jedi is his thing, it was his driving motivation since the first movie. Rey’s thing is… belonging I guess. She is not a builder, she is a joiner.

Plus I’m not a fan of erasing other heroes’ accomplishments to give them to the new heroes. Find new accomplishments that fit the new heroes’ personalities instead.

23. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Its a hope Thread though and that's what I hope.

24. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    It would be a pleasant surprise, though.

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I want to see a story set five years after Episode IX were Rey and company have to defend the finally stable new republic from a first order admiral who has been hiding out in the edges of the galaxy....

What's that? That's already been done? Well that makes it perfect for Rey[face_whistling]